Post your Artwork!

posted
Total Posts
show more
tyrael6192
shit yeah she's got like a snake neck wow

i'm so blind to anatomy mistakes
Bweh
It's just a matter of getting a good understanding of it.

If you want some in-depth reference (general or specific parts of the body) try this: http://www.scribd.com/doc/9561347/Burne-Hogarth-Dynamic-Anatomy-in-English or hit up some tutorials around the net. Try making some anatomy studies for different body parts as well as the body as a whole.
Birdy

Brian OA wrote:

I like how the link has "why" in it
not just once but quadrice four times
hinr
WendytheCreeper
http://wendy-the-creeper.deviantart.com ... -410125280
I'm finally done with this. Now I can play osu! more.
Luxie_old
so many talented artists here wow

im trying to draw a potato bye
Krishna_old_1
I'll just leave these here...

Pinkster7
Bweh
TsundeRien

tyrael6192 wrote:

she has no hands/ and i dont think i could have got the general glasses area any more wrong
Draw Asuka too...if you don't mind of course ;)
Bweh
boat
I don't understand your line weighting, nor the clashing of traditional painting with vectoring.

Step up your game brainman. Don't be lazy, you can do better.
Bweh

boat wrote:

I don't understand your line weighting, nor the clashing of traditional painting with vectoring.

Step up your game brainman. Don't be lazy, you can do better.
What do you mean I'm being lazy? I'm trying my hardest sdsadf

The clashing was a result of experimentation. It had been a month since I had painted with Photoshop and I wanted to change my approach since I wasn't happy with my older color works. The vector coloring (I hope that's what you mean by vector) in the hair was where I started coloring. As I went down with the skin, the shirt, and the background, I ended up switching styles.

I don't really get what you mean by line weighting though; I hardly gave that any thought. There shouldn't be anything to understand out of it, though I'll definitely use it as an element next time.
boat
That's the issue right there, put thought into it. The lines on your pencilwork are lovely and clearly you understand how to blend it in with values, so why don't you do it digitally? Drop the silly psuedo line weighting and cellshading/vectoring all together and paint instead, I'm sure that way your work will be more satisfactory to both yourself and to your audience. Learning and experimenting is fine, but there's no reason to drop what you're already good at.

If anything, if you insist on painting more traditionally with digital tools, lose the thick lines or contrast the main focus more. Without any depth, at least imo, it doesn't work.
psKirika
So many good artists here!

I'll currently post mine:

Mmh

This looks REALLY pervy LOL. I got to put shading on her hands so that it looks like her hands are just leaning on the floor. z.z

TwentyPercent_old
Wow, so much anime ^-^ wish I could draw it.

Imbecile_old
decided to actually use my tablet for drawing instead of just an alternative of a mouse u w u i've just been practising with shading skin and faces but i'll get to clothing and proper anatomy eventually. it's just a shame i can never finish anything cough.

Reunilu
Not mine, but it's something a friend of mine made (with permission to put on here, of course). I can see some mistakes, but I'd like to see some critique from more experienced artists.

Kitsunemimi

SSShaymin wrote:

I can see some mistakes, but I'd like to see some critique from more experienced artists.
You should probably tell then to practice their writing for Japanese more. :V
Bweh

SSShaymin wrote:

Not mine, but it's something a friend of mine made (with permission to put on here, of course). I can see some mistakes, but I'd like to see some critique from more experienced artists.

Nice face, boy looks like a fag, weird anatomy, linework is blargh, girl's head orientation doesn't mach face's orientation, why are blush values so dark, squished wrting up there, why are soft brushes used everywhere, and nice face.

This friend of yours has plenty of potential. He/She should keep drawing.

Maybe pick up an artbook.

My Hindu colleague wouldn't stop calling me naughty every time he saw me drawing this.
Bread

PIXELS !! 20 something colors?
WendytheCreeper
It feels like forever since I last made something.

Kosmacz
Brian, realy good work.

I like!
Shozonu
This is a 3D render of the Hakurei Shrine. It's pretty dark; it's best seen at with dim ambient light. I'll probably redo it with better lighting and render at 4k sometime in the future.
boat
That's a pretty cack render, but that aside, why not just take a minute to post process it?
i.e
Shozonu

boat wrote:

That's a pretty cack render, but that aside, why not just take a minute to post process it?
Well, the render itself is kinda low resolution, and I want some high lights on things like trees and the roof, which can't really be done without it turning out bad or faking it.
Shozonu
I couldn't get the highlights that I wanted, but this one is a lot better, in my opinion:
@boat I did end up having to do some post processing though. I did a curves adjustment, depth of field, and added a vignette using Photoshop.
Sikei-

Krishna wrote:

<3
Gonzvlo

Shozonu wrote:

I couldn't get the highlights that I wanted, but this one is a lot better, in my opinion:
@boat I did end up having to do some post processing though. I did a curves adjustment, depth of field, and added a vignette using Photoshop.
What software did you use for this? The last version seems nice, It looks cartoon-ish tho. I'm not sure if you were aiming for that or photorealism perhaps?
Shozonu

Gonzvlo wrote:

What software did you use for this? The last version seems nice, It looks cartoon-ish tho. I'm not sure if you were aiming for that or photorealism perhaps?
I used Modo 701 for the render. I rendered a depth map as well, and popped it in Photoshop and used the lens blur filter for the depth of view effect. I adjusted the blacks/whites and added the vignette in post, too.

I didn't aim for anything in particular, I just wanted something nice-looking. It does look brighter than what I originally intended, but after messing with the values in Photoshop, I came to the conclusion that this looks the best.
Bweh
That's amazing; it'd be perfect for making background pictures.
Arthesian
Hello guys :D You all have some very nice skills here. and varying styles and techniques.

I wish I could draw like some of you guys, really amazing stuff...

But I have my own forte, which is 3D modelling/ rendering :) and since I'm new to the forums here, I thought I showed off some of my work here ( lol ). Although I lack the creativity to really create ''new'' stuff, I really enjoy to ''re-create'' items from the real world in 3D.

SPOILER
Wiiii~

SPOILER
Nissan R34 Skyline

I've made plenty more, but I wont spam you guys to death... I'll post new things if I get to it :D and maybe i'll try making some original stuff too...
Shozonu

Arthesian wrote:

Hello guys :D You all have some very nice skills here. and varying styles and techniques.

But I have my own forte, which is 3D modelling/ rendering :) and since I'm new to the forums here, I thought I showed off some of my work here ( lol ). Although I lack the creativity to really create ''new'' stuff, I really enjoy to ''re-create'' items from the real world in 3D.

I've made plenty more, but I wont spam you guys to death... I'll post new things if I get to it :D and maybe i'll try making some original stuff too...
Those are some nice looking renders. I'm still learning with working with those sub-D models. Have you tried putting that car into a scene? I see that there are already reflections on the car of trees.
RBRat3

Arthesian wrote:

Looks like you covered all your bases on that one, Hell it even looks like you went as far as shoving SS mats on the wiis rubber feet. What render engine was the wii done with?
Gonzvlo
Yeah, that Wii model is pretty amazing!

For the "lulz", this happened during a pre-animation test. I found a tree floating around...

ZenoDiac
Wow you guys are good. I can't draw digital works to save my life.
I don't have a tablet
But I still paint with acrylics and oils every once in a blue moon.

I made these a couple of years ago

36cmx26cmx4cm
Pain was drawn by myself, but Naruto was from an old picture I had, but I didn't draw the sword in.
tyrael6192

wow i forgot to draw for like 2 months gg me
ZeptoRay
Looks pretty awesome!

This is the last drawing I made that is worth to look at. Its about a month old but I have been getting art blocks all the time this year so here it is anyway. I wonder if any of you know the limbless hero 'Rayman'. :)

Navizel
mediocre printmaking

tyrael6192

oreo's big bro

coloured

show more