forum

Post your Artwork!

posted
Total Posts
show more
boat
This depends on the tutorial, but I honestly believe there is very little learn from tutorials in the form of "how do draw x and y". This of course also depends on your goals, but anyone who's an aspiring illustrative artist should prioritize proper theory over step by step guides.

The difference is obviously, theory, in comparison to building up your visual library. The latter is by all means both good and necessary to practice, but is contradictory to use if your goal is to get better at drawing or painting. Improvement comes quicker and better from practice rather than copying, and if you spent time learning about theory, in an example, values, then the guide on how to paint an apple wouldn't be obsolete and useless when you later on decide to paint a banana instead.
-Seren-
it also depends on your motivation and passion. they are people who simply give up 'cos they know drawing is not for them(like myself. lol but i occasionally draw out of boredom)
Mareownz

boat wrote:

This depends on the tutorial, but I honestly believe there is very little learn from tutorials in the form of "how do draw x and y". This of course also depends on your goals, but anyone who's an aspiring illustrative artist should prioritize proper theory over step by step guides.

The difference is obviously, theory, in comparison to building up your visual library. The latter is by all means both good and necessary to practice, but is contradictory to use if your goal is to get better at drawing or painting. Improvement comes quicker and better from practice rather than copying, and if you spent time learning about theory, in an example, values, then the guide on how to paint an apple wouldn't be obsolete and useless when you later on decide to paint a banana instead.
You are right. I got a bit disappointed when I tried to draw first time without reference after using tutorials, the result was pretty bad. Luckily a friend of mine gave me couple of his old "How to draw manga" books, sketching techniques I learned from there proved to be very helpful when trying to draw something your own.

Here is one of my latest drawing I've made without reference. (Same as my avatar) I've been using markers for a little over week now, before that i used colored pencils or just made gray pictures. I would appreciate any commets/tips you guys have to offer. Please don't be too harsh :3
[img]
EDIT: I tried to put it in spoiler, but for some reason it didn't work.
Drizzlydre

Not sure if you can consider this artwork, but it's the best I can do at the moment :cry:
If any of you nice artist peoples could recommend some kind of video/guide thing on how to draw and not blow at it, that would be greatly appreciated :D
Shiro
There's no magic solution. Draw. You won't be good in a few weeks.
-Seren-
Try and try until you succeed
NaneeNoona
Drizzlydre

Not too shabby of an improvement, if I do say so myself. It may be a little disturbing, but it's progress nonetheless!
Shiro
I don't usually post my drawings for my ask blog, but I actually like this one quite a bit, so:

Naoki N

Oh man, I have a crappy camera.
RBRat3
Half-assed cookie uploaded to sketchfab to check it out.
https://sketchfab.com/show/a8db8f63d0ea ... f0d075823f

Edit: Fuck wrong thread :D
Dumie

^^
Lambda-chan

Dumie wrote:

^^
Omg this is adorable ;w;
Keiti
Just a WIP of Shinobu.

I really cant be bothered to finish it though.

i know i suck
The Winner Man
Little thingy I made with paint when I was bored. I forgot the bag and was too lazy to add it in.

>.> habit of always editing pictures and re posting multiple times
Won't be surprised if this happens again later.
FrzR
Revised my old Miku Art. Needs more improvement on the shading though. ^^
Irisu_old
Doodles, doodles, and more doodles
Tifa_old
The last drawing (with full color) I finished. Though I'm not satisfied with the eyes, but I was to lazy to do it all over again.
veniastcline

Tifa wrote:

The last drawing (with full color) I finished. Though I'm not satisfied with the eyes, but I was to lazy to do it all over again.
actually wow, that's pretty cool oAo
tyrael6192
Z666ful

Its something. .-.
-Seren-
lol nice one. the last pic kinda startled me
Reunilu
Signature work. Not quite as great as the stuff on here.

Tifa_old

veniastcline wrote:

Tifa wrote:

actually wow, that's pretty cool oAo
Thank you~ (✿◠‿◠)
Mareownz
Bought myself graphics tablet a week ago - I've already fallen in love with digital art! When I flipped this image, I noticed that there is something strange when it comes to body symmetry but I'm still happy with this. Also the colors should probably be a little darker considering it is night but what ever
Shiro
Leorda
LunarSakuya told me to post my drawings here.... Here's my drawing that I upload to my twitter

I'm still amateur, btw.... auuuu~ ;w;
LunarSakuya
kawaii kawaii!

Edit: probably not right posting without art
Bread

LunarSakuya wrote:

kawaii kawaii!

omfg sakuya this is amazing like BEYOND AMAZING JKFHSJDFHSJDHF do you have anywhere that you upload your art to?

but hot damn those clouds are just hgnnnnnnnnnnn
Keiti
Probably wont finish it but meh. Oz b rabbit from pandora hearts! <3
SPOILER

lord no i really need to improve on faces everything.
Birdy

LunarSakuya wrote:

kawaii kawaii!

still the best
Arvess
Wow. I haven't been here for a while and I already saw amazing art everywhere. O.o

And well, this the the first time I'm drawing touhou. Hope I didn't make a mistake...

Bweh
boat
quickie dogevalue study

ps he isn't pooping it just looks awkward because perspective and shadows
-Seren-
u got some nice talent
Bweh
The thought of pooping didn't even cross my mind
yoshiXhimeji

my sketch xD
Z666ful

some comic..

DA :http://fav.me/d6gw27u
boat

Brian OA wrote:

The thought of pooping didn't even cross my mind
It's because my dog is a sillywilly who sits with his back legs spread. The few ones who understood what's going on back there are those who have actually seen how my dog sits.
Quaraezha
He does look like he's pooping.
I find it cute, however. (Except for when he actually poops)

Wish I had a dog ;_;
show more