Iunno. I just worked on this last night . :3
momp
everyone's art is so good and then there's me fdfgg
Jessicur

momp wrote:

everyone's art is so good and then there's me fdfgg
Ahhh that's so cute tho !
LBlueDust

Not too great at drawing on a PC but this isn't that horrible.
Kabochacha
First time using a tablet, I did not expect my drawing style to end up like this orz
I've got way too much to learn ; n ;

Keiti
I suck but owell, list of my favorite ones: (goes from the newest to the oldest)
Elly-chan
RA272Nirvash
Arvess
Took me 3 full days to finish this... ><

Kaona

asakuraShinji wrote:

Holy shit my jaw dropped.

You're amazing.
Arvess

Kaona wrote:

asakuraShinji wrote:

Holy shit my jaw dropped.

You're amazing.
Thanks~ ^^
Ryuugen
I'm not really that great at it, but I photoshopped the signature I'm using right now. Opinions?

Shiro

I'm really awful at colours, huh.
Kunieda

Using drawcast in ios
meh ,so lazy to draw background
*runs away*(´・Д・)」
Z666ful
tyrael6192
potentially nsfw

i did an oil thing and hell it's difficult to work with oil paints on a small canvas ;_; a lot of light reflection in the photo because it's still drying
GenoClysm

asakuraShinji wrote:

WOW! You are amazing!
I'd love to be able to make stuff like that :C
Bread

I need to improve digital art so I can get a table at AX weeps weEPSSSSSSSSSS
DaDeceptive0ne
Okay.. It's the only thing I've ever did. I can't rate it.

Cheerz, Deceptive~
ps.: I lied <3 I did one funny thing before, its a pirate flag ship *arrr*

stickydog
x
stickydog
x
DaDeceptive0ne
It took me about 2 1/2 hours to make the bow. But it's no selfmade thing, i just had a look on the super smash bros bow from Zelda and made it.

Thanks for your review :)

Cheerz, Deceptive~
Shiro

http://pmdmakiteam.tumblr.com/post/5595 ... llo-to-zip

Another character for my ask blog (for a deviantArt RP group)
- L A U R A -

Shiro wrote:

http://pmdmakiteam.tumblr.com/post/5595 ... llo-to-zip

Another character for my ask blog (for a deviantArt RP group)
soo cool :D i love them
Shauncakes
All you guys are crazy talented its so unfair ! :'<
Shiro

Shauncakes wrote:

and girls

Have you tried plugging your tablet in, sitting at your computer for over 6 hours straight drawing, doing that for 10 days in a row, and analyzing all your drawings to try to know what was wrong with them and try to fix that in the drawing after ? And after that, drawing every day to try to fix things you do wrong and improve things you do right ?

Is there anyone you actually look up to ? If so, try understanding how they draw, what tools they use and how they use, and try to learn to do the same, or twist it in a way that fits what you want to do and what you can do. That's all I've done and that's how you improve.

It's nothing about talent. Talent is just a word people use to excuse their laziness. If you want to be good at drawing, then draw, and work for it.
Bweh
TL;DR: It's all about practice
Irisu_old
I tried

Also I went through some of my very first notebooks and tried drawing them again. I still have alot to learn but at least I'm improving I think
Shauncakes

Shiro wrote:

Shauncakes wrote:

and girls

Have you tried plugging your tablet in, sitting at your computer for over 6 hours straight drawing, doing that for 10 days in a row, and analyzing all your drawings to try to know what was wrong with them and try to fix that in the drawing after ? And after that, drawing every day to try to fix things you do wrong and improve things you do right ?

Is there anyone you actually look up to ? If so, try understanding how they draw, what tools they use and how they use, and try to learn to do the same, or twist it in a way that fits what you want to do and what you can do. That's all I've done and that's how you improve.

It's nothing about talent. Talent is just a word people use to excuse their laziness. If you want to be good at drawing, then draw, and work for it.

oh my.. I've done nothing of the sort, I recently had an interest about drawing but I guess you could call me the pig in the cow farm, I know nothing I don't know any artists that have inspirited me or anything like that. I normally just watch tutorials on basic stuff which doesn't help me that much.. I have a lot to learn but I guess I will spend more time on it and try to understand more techniques etc, thank you for your reply.
Shiro
Tutorials are unhelpful if you just read them. Sit with a pencil or tablet (whichever you draw with), and try the things the tutorials explain to make sure you understand them. You could ask any of the people in this thread you consider "so talented" for help if needed.
Mareownz
Video tutorials in youtube are quite helpful, you might want to try watching them and drawing the way they advice you to. I started drawing a little over month ago, and I made one of my best drawings on DAY 3 based on one video tutorial. Whereas my drawings made from reference have stayed pretty much the same, my drawings made WITHOUT reference have improved quite a bit.

EDIT: I noticed that the post above me gives pretty much the same advice... I guess I should read a little more carefully.
boat
This depends on the tutorial, but I honestly believe there is very little learn from tutorials in the form of "how do draw x and y". This of course also depends on your goals, but anyone who's an aspiring illustrative artist should prioritize proper theory over step by step guides.

The difference is obviously, theory, in comparison to building up your visual library. The latter is by all means both good and necessary to practice, but is contradictory to use if your goal is to get better at drawing or painting. Improvement comes quicker and better from practice rather than copying, and if you spent time learning about theory, in an example, values, then the guide on how to paint an apple wouldn't be obsolete and useless when you later on decide to paint a banana instead.
-Seren-
it also depends on your motivation and passion. they are people who simply give up 'cos they know drawing is not for them(like myself. lol but i occasionally draw out of boredom)
Mareownz

boat wrote:

This depends on the tutorial, but I honestly believe there is very little learn from tutorials in the form of "how do draw x and y". This of course also depends on your goals, but anyone who's an aspiring illustrative artist should prioritize proper theory over step by step guides.

The difference is obviously, theory, in comparison to building up your visual library. The latter is by all means both good and necessary to practice, but is contradictory to use if your goal is to get better at drawing or painting. Improvement comes quicker and better from practice rather than copying, and if you spent time learning about theory, in an example, values, then the guide on how to paint an apple wouldn't be obsolete and useless when you later on decide to paint a banana instead.
You are right. I got a bit disappointed when I tried to draw first time without reference after using tutorials, the result was pretty bad. Luckily a friend of mine gave me couple of his old "How to draw manga" books, sketching techniques I learned from there proved to be very helpful when trying to draw something your own.

Here is one of my latest drawing I've made without reference. (Same as my avatar) I've been using markers for a little over week now, before that i used colored pencils or just made gray pictures. I would appreciate any commets/tips you guys have to offer. Please don't be too harsh :3
[img]
EDIT: I tried to put it in spoiler, but for some reason it didn't work.
show more