forum

Poll 17: Why do you map?

posted
Total Posts

Why do you map?

Because i want a Ranked map of a song i like.
31.06%
Because i want to get known.
4.97%
Because i want to challenge the top players.
3.73%
Because i want to express myself artistically.
23.60%
Other
36.65%
Total votes: 161
Polling ended
show more
ZeroEightOne
answer : Because I have nothing to do
Maiz94
Other : Making osu! to become more popular with famous songs playable on the game :D
FlyingKiwi
I should've came here early... It's exicting to map in first time, but it gets bored when you map too much. It gets exicting to map again when you haven't mapped for ages.
Kanade4Life
other:
I got nothing to do...
and no one mapping music/song I like, so I try to make them and failed 8-)
[Luxord]
I just want my favorite songs ranked, at least I try to do it. :)
Cygnus
i want to increase the difficulty one player can pass through making super hard maps.
Meatstick_old

Philippines wrote:

i want to increase the difficulty one player can pass through making super hard maps.
pfffffffffffffffffff
Ekaru
To troll people by making as many shitty maps of shitty Digimon songs as I could. :roll:
HeatKai
Because i want a Ranked map of a song i like and other.
Verlaren
I map -
  1. for fun
  2. i like music
  3. i like song
cheesiest
for shits and giggles why fucking else
Andrea
That wasn't really necessary, you know what I mean.
Mismagius
That was just a way of saying "for fun". There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
FlyingKiwi

Blue Dragon wrote:

That was just a way of saying "for fun". There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Are you allowed to swear in forum?
Lancelot
I would say all these answer.
Tari
Mapping is a great way to remove stress
Sorarei
the reason why i'm mapping is to make people happy, well i don't have many experience about mapping. but i will try harder

i don't like to be popular just because mapping, i just want my creation will make people happy.

not aiming to be famous
not aiming for ranked maps

always be happy for mapping :D
VINXIS

CDFA wrote:

I map because I'm bored as shit.
lol
undo
Because i want to express myself artistically. And because i want to challenge people
A Tame Wolf
I don't map but I would like to start because i want people to enjoy what I create.
I would need help starting out.
Would anyone like to help me out?
InjuredMuffin2
i just do it so i can make my own beatmaps, wish i knew how to use my own music instead of the music made my suggested artists
Baxter RM
a little late to add my opinion

I have mapped songs because I am sure there might be other people that like the same songs I like
I map songs for everyone not just myself
I want people to be able to enjoy their favorite songs
that is why I map songs

all of mine are japanese songs or korean
Chiru-kun
oh hey im late too brother

i map mainly for expression, and for the songs i love.

as of now, i'm mainly mapping one artist (though i guess im beginning to open up to other artists now). the artist uses themes which i appreciate, and i try to incorporate them into my mapping. for instance, their latest album laments on the practice of literary and musical plagiarism. i express this by looking at the famous maps when osu! gained popularity such as Highscore, a few modern maps, a few graveyard maps, and a few of my own maps. i copy ideas from those maps and blatantly copy then into the maps of the album.

i've done this two other times (one is a double-album with references of my own accross mapsets, and the other is a loosely selected set of beatmaps which try to relive my experience as a player by replicating styles from 2 years ago, but that last one is still pretty fresh with just one song on the list) but all of them are incomplete, because i cannot push myself.

this looks so self gratifying of a post hahah... if it comes across like that, nothing i can do to change your mind

anyway, that's my idea of expression. it's reliant on reference and context, so i doubt if all of them become appreciated, more so for the same reasons. also, i don't strictly implement this as i sound. i'd say it's an expression for mappers rather than for players. actually, maybe it's all just for myself.
[ Sebastian ]
I map, or at least attempt to map in Catch so that I can create something that other people could play and enjoy.

I think I'm actually close to finding that spark that makes me competent in mapping enough to get a Catch map ranked.