forum

How fast can you single tap / techniques

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VoidnOwO
No, let's not discuss how fast you can stream by alternating, there's thread for that already. This is about single tap techniques and scores. Not related to the 100 "how to stream" or "single tap vs streaming" threads. hopefully
And of course, you may show off!

How fast can you single tap triples?
How about longer streams?
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better?
What keys do you single tap with?

Personally I single tap triples at 180bpm (unless there's too many without a break), and longer streams at 160bpm. I could stream up to 170bpm, but there's really no point in doing that, because I'd just be getting 50's. The best keys to single tap with are the ones in the bottom row. I get the best results with ctrl, but occasionally I use 2 (down) on numpad.

The reason I made this is because I was watching replays on this map (145bpm), and noticed that everyone's alternating. I thought maybe that particular song was easier by alternating, and watched some more replays on different songs, and apparently most people start alternating even at 130bpm streams. Do you?

To me, there's two ways you can single tap. Either hold your hand like you would if you were alternating, and press the key down normally. Another method (in video) is to put your hand to a position where you can stream a lot faster, but lose pretty much all accuracy..

I'd also like to correct this. Even though this is taken out of context, it's still what most people think.

theowest wrote:

A better keyboard is always useful too.
I have a K90 (mechanical) and this 5 years old HP one (10$ keyboard), K90 is better for normal playing because the keys are lighter to press down (red switches), but I get a lot better maximum speed with the HP one. I tried brown/blue switches too, but I still prefer that one. Mechanical ones aren't always better, and it's price tells nothing.

Here we go, a short 200bpm stream.

FAQ?
Yes, I used the HP keyboard
Yes, that's finnish
Yes, that's Skype with a crappy webcam
Yes, ironically I have a D in stream compilation. That's from my first week ;__;
Yes, I used autopilot, because I stream faster with my right hand, and my left can barely hold a pen
No, I couldn't do this in a real map, because I have to hold my hand differently
No, there's no other reason why I picked this map other than I was gonna go map it
No, I don't think that map is on-beat
And yes, I know my wallpeper is awesome, thank you.

Tl;dr
Post your single tap scores/techniques
Loves
Like 120 for short bursts and 90-100 normally.
dMaxb
;
lolcubes
Unless the whole song has ridiculous bpm like 220 and above where I just have to singleclick all 1/2 notes so I don't lose my pace, I will always alternate faster things, even on 110 BPM 1/4 and upwards.

How fast can you single tap triples? I never do this, unless it's only a few and in 110~120bpm range.
How about longer streams? Above answer.
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I don't singletap with keyboard.
What keys do you single tap with? Above answer, I singleclick with mouse.
djjsixpack

lolcubes wrote:

Unless the whole song has ridiculous bpm like 220 and above where I just have to singleclick all 1/2 notes so I don't lose my pace, I will always alternate faster things, even on 110 BPM 1/4 and upwards.
Pretty much this.

My max single tap is 115-120 BPM, 130 for maybe like 5 or 6 notes. But I single tap with my finger, not my wrist.

As for the map that you posted, I guess you could single tap it. But why bother singling it when it's much easier, and probably more stable, to alternate?

How fast can you single tap triples? 130-140 bpm, but I will alternate it because I generally get bad acc when singling this speed
How about longer streams? I dunno I always alternate them. Probably 110-120 bpm for 20 notes
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I have used many keyboards, but only one mech which is my best one.
What keys do you single tap with? D, index
Kanye West
How fast can you single tap triples? depending on spacing, 150 bpm accurately, ~165 with 100/50.
How about longer streams? 135 bpm, 140 on a very good day
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? only played osu with scissor switch, rubber dome, and blue switch. pretty clear choice.
What keys do you single tap with? a/s, I can singletap faster with index finger but with worse accuracy. So I use middle finger.
buny
depends on how many notes in succession
Loves

Kanye West wrote:

How fast can you single tap triples? depending on spacing, 150 bpm accurately, ~165 with 100/50.
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? only played osu with scissor switch, rubber dome, and blue switch. pretty clear choice.
What keys do you single tap with? a/s, I can singletap faster with index finger but with worse accuracy. So I use middle finger.
He had a girlfriend. Once.
Kanye West

Lily-Kun wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

He had a girlfriend. Once.
Sadly.
Loves

Kanye West wrote:

Sadly.

At least she died happy :)
Kanye West

Lily-Kun wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Sadly.

At least she died happy :)
Contrary to popular belief, singletap speed does not make you better in bed.
-GN

Kanye West wrote:

Wait, someone did the research?
Kanye West

-GN wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Wait, someone did the research?
;)
buny
it does in my bed
Shiro
I single-tapped BASARA (130 BPM) and got 99% accuracy. I can singletap Vanessa too (135 BPM 1/4 streams) but I get tired and unaccurate at the end. On shorter streaks I can up to 150 BPM.

I single tap with my middle finger and usually move my whole wrist/arm.
GoldenWolf
How fast can you single tap triples? 120bpm on normal days, above 160-180 on good ones
How about longer streams? 120bpm for about 50 circles on very good days, 10-15 on normal days
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I had a logitech G11 before, no difference in singletap speed/stamina
What keys do you single tap with? w/x, my index finger is faster and more accurate though, middle finger feels awkward :(

And I only use my arm for singletap
BeatofIke
How fast can you single tap triples? 120 BPM and lower!
How about longer streams? 120 BPM and lower!
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? No, I use my laptop keyboard to play osu!
What keys do you single tap with? c/v

I generally do not single tap streams!
Almost
How fast can you single tap triples? 190bpm
How about longer streams? 150bpm (very inaccurately)
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I've used my a friends conventional keyboard before and my own laptop keyboard. My own keyboard is easier to single tap with simply because I've pressed the key so much (and I also hit the key with quite a lot of unnecessary force) that it has become incredibly light to tap.
What keys do you single tap with? n
I only single tap streams that are 130bpm or lower because streaming that slowly is irritating and I never single tap triplets. I single tap fast by vibrating my hand because it is more accurate and can be done for longer periods of time then vibrating your arm.
Naikaze
How fast can you single tap triples? 180-190 1/4
How about longer streams?150 and lower 1/4
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? Only laptop keyboars
What keys do you single tap with?A / S
Rokk
How fast can you single tap triples? 280 BPM
How about longer streams? 240 BPM
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I've tried the Logitech G110 rubber dome keyboard, as well as my laptop's keyboard, and a very old IBM mechanical keyboard. The IBMl was by far the best, the G110 was pretty good, and the laptop one is decent.
What keys do you single tap with? The Z key

For VERY fast deathstreams (Think 500 BPM, which I'm pretty sure isn't rankable), I can hypertense my arm to the point of vibration and pass the stream, albeit a bit inaccurately.
lolcubes
I like how nobody mentions what type of BPM, 1/2, 1/4 or maybe even 1/1 lol. Just a number can imply it's 1/1. ;)
LnDSuv
How fast can you single tap triples? 150-160 BPM triples all 300s.
How about longer streams? 1/4 notes at 130 BPM with high accuracy, I can tap faster, but accuracy suffers.
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? Quick Fire TK blue switches > old rubber dome keyboard > laptop keyboard.
What keys do you single tap with? X.
Shiro

lolcubes wrote:

I like how nobody mentions what type of BPM, 1/2, 1/4 or maybe even 1/1 lol. Just a number can imply it's 1/1. ;)
Single-tapping is usually given in 1/4 beats because it gives numbers that are easy to understand (usually between in the 100-250 range, even for alternating). People instantly understand how fast 150 BPM (implied: 1/4) is, but it'd be hard to understand what 600 BPM 1/1 is.
Tanzklaue
if I talk singletap I normally talk in 1/2.
show more