[resolved] [confirmed] [multiplayer] Free mod bugs

posted
Total Posts
show more
yoshilove
When DT bug occurs
In order to make it intelligible.
kurufu
It looks like it was removed from the OP but you STILL see everyone else playing with your own mods. But you see them playing with their mods in addition to your own mods now.
So if i play HD and player2 plays HR on the results screen I will see player2 with HD and HR.
Topic Starter
theowest

kurufu wrote:

It looks like it was removed from the OP but you STILL see everyone else playing with your own mods. But you see them playing with their mods in addition to your own mods now.
So if i play HD and player2 plays HR on the results screen I will see player2 with HD and HR.
you mean this?

I just removed the other bug where most are reset after a game, but you can still have them.
This bug may act a bit differently now as you described, I think it will now add all their mods with your mods together. At least that's how I've experienced it lately.

edit:

[peppy] Fix free mod button toggling causing endless client-server recursion loops in some cases.

Free mod checkbox spamming fixed, just tested it myself.
Topic Starter
theowest
so apparently millhioreF moved this to Low priority. I guess that's ok, just notify the topic when you do it!
MillhioreF
Oh sorry, I was gonna post here but I got distracted while typing and never finished x.x

It's only visual glitches left here now, so I don't think it's that big of a deal - mostly I wanted to clean up the front page of the normal Tech Support forum. Feel free to move it back when there's mess confirmed topics there.
Topic Starter
theowest
I agree on the move, however there's one pretty major game breaking bug here. You can play normal time when the other is playing doubletime, this: t/128874 but the other way around.
TheVileOne
Is that really important? I mean most people wanted to do this anyways.
TheVileOne
I just discovered a considerable flaw with the Ready restriction when free mod is active. As you know it doesn't let you change mods when you're ready, but if you're host and everyone else is ready, you can't change mods, because you can't unready.
Topic Starter
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

I just discovered a considerable flaw with the Ready restriction when free mod is active. As you know it doesn't let you change mods when you're ready, but if you're host and everyone else is ready, you can't change mods, because you can't unready.
confirming that.
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
theowest
[woc2006] Fix free mods bug.

1. SPOILER
    I don't even think the fist one is an issue. Kind of weird though.
  2. SPOILER

fixed.
  3. SPOILER
    the normal time when other's are playing doubletime issue has been fixed now. You can't change mods when ready and if they force start when you are changing mods/clicking on Reset all mods, it will just register the ones you picked before that. You must click on Close to change anything.
  4. SPOILER
    you still can't change free mods as host when another person and you are ready, since you can't be unready.

so that's not fixed yet.
Winshley
1. Select any map as osu!mania mode.
2. Turn on "Free Mods" and select FadeIn mod.
3. Change mode into other modes.
MillhioreF
Let's put this back to high priority for now. Goodbye, medium~
primrose

Winshley wrote:

1. Select any map as osu!mania mode.
2. Turn on "Free Mods" and select FadeIn mod.
3. Change mode into other modes.
This bug works too with the 4k,5k,6k,7k,8k mod.
TheVileOne
The results screen still shows everyone as using the mods that you used.
peppy
That's kinda bad. In my testing it didn't do this originally, so may be a regression. Will investigate.
TheVileOne
Random Mod cannot be played in Free Mod. It unselects when you leave the window.
You can have mode specific mods in any gamemode by having them selected before the gamemode is changed. It doesn't seem to affect the score though.
Macacito
fix it already
TheVileOne
Toggling Free mods button displays the You can't change mods while ready notification.
MillhioreF
None of these really affect gameplay too critically. Moving to Low Priority for the time being.
Macacito
yea lets wait a full year then
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by MillhioreF:

Fix freemod results screen showing incorrect mods.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20141220cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by MillhioreF:

Fix Doubletime and Nightcore both displaying at once in multiplayer.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20141220cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
- Marco -
Yes, solved the DT - NC thing. don't know the other
drum drum
It appears the mods displaying incorrectly have fixed as well.