60.00%
Sun
22.22%
Total votes: 45
show more
Topic Starter
Haneii
Omg <.< Just let it go >.>

The voting is pretty even, so dinner plans for all 3 nights?

Let's just get dinner out of the way and planned for. I'd like to update the info for the dinner with the places, times, and people attending each: In a post, let me know which dinner (s) you'll be attending and, if you have one, your choice of where we should eat :P.

Place to eat: Sushi-ya (Because it was really close and the sushi was fine/meh, but I'm not too picky). In the end I don't really care where we eat.

Date I'll be attending: Saturday*

*I'll be there Friday if I can convince my other friends to have dinner at the same place as you guys. My Sunday attendance depends on whether or not we find someplace to store our stuff once we check out from the hotel - if not, I'll probably be leaving back home around noon :/
YodaSnipe
Never. I will never let it go.

I wonder if we can make reservations at Sushi-ya. That would make life so much easier.
YTYuyu

YodaSnipe wrote:

I wonder if we can make reservations at Sushi-ya. That would make life so much easier.
actually you can :D. i just looked up the website. you have to call the restaurant which is obvious.
awp

Haneii wrote:

Also, post in the thread if you're going to a specific event/panel and want to be found/meet-up with osu! members there.
I'm not actually interested in any of the panels, so I'm only coming just to hang with you guys (and check out the marketplace as well) so put me down for "doing whatever you want to do, Haneii ♥"
Topic Starter
Haneii

Byakugan249 wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

actually you can :D. i just looked up the website. you have to call the restaurant which is obvious.
Maybe, but considering how busy it gets during the con, I'm kinda doubting it. Also, if we do eat there just heads up they'll only take one bill per table.

awp wrote:

put me down for "doing whatever you want to do, Haneii ♥"
Awesome :D
YodaSnipe
Yeah, I got the bill last time, it's someone else's turn XD
Yoshi_green

Princess wrote:

She's right, what if one of us has trouble controlling ourselves in the presence of young Asian boys? *3*
oh gawd i wonder who

Byakugan249 wrote:

i live not far from AN(10-20min drive)
yeah, i live north of downtown toronto, about 45 mins away (depending on traffic) in the Richmond Hill / Markham area, so travelling shouldn't be a HUGE issue.

And about dinner, I'm down with any date, any place... except a couple of choices on the list.

one is Quesada Mexican Grill. just... my stomach is not compatible with mexican food.
second is Kelsey's (go ahead and smack me, all you Kelsey's lovers) just 'cause I had really meh service and over-salted everything. even the tortilla chip bowls were salty, let alone the french onion soup ">.>

other than that, (*scrolls down list*) I don't really care that much, but if I had to choose, my preferences would be:

1) Japanese cuisine
2) Western cuisine
3) Chinese cuisine
4) Mexican cuisine
5) Kelsey's (i'm sorry once again lol)
Kiddo-Kun
Seeing as my stomach is literally a black abyss, I'm down for anything.
Although if I had to chose, Japanese Cuisine would be great.
As for a date, Saturday.
YTYuyu
i don't mind eating anywhere, but on Friday, i'll be most likely eating at Harvey's if i can't find anyone at around the evening. Saturday or Sunday would be A-ok for me :D
Topic Starter
Haneii

YodaSnipe wrote:

Yeah, I got the bill last time, it's someone else's turn XD
If we all pay in cash we should be fine (Unless they didn't give that option. Did they? I don't remember._.)

Yoshi_green wrote:

one is Quesada Mexican Grill. just... my stomach is not compatible with mexican food.
second is Kelsey's (go ahead and smack me, all you Kelsey's lovers) just 'cause I had really meh service and over-salted everything. even the tortilla chip bowls were salty, let alone the french onion soup ">.>
Noted~
YTYuyu
iirc, they didn't say anything about everyone paying in cash, so we might as well give it a shot. who keeps the change however D:?
Xakyrie
I do because I'm a broke ass bitch k thx.

Okay being serious, the person who willingly decides to take up the responsibility should obviously. It's only common knowledge and it makes sense, really. That being said, someone who is trustworthy, hospitable and a responsible adult should.
YTYuyu
ahh yea true...i believe that Haneii gets the change since she's the one who organized this thread and arrangements IMO. what do you guys think?
Topic Starter
Haneii
Add it the server's tip?

Spend it all on boxes of pocky?
YTYuyu

Haneii wrote:

Add it the server's tip?

Spend it all on boxes of pocky?
POCKY PLEASE~! <3333333 //runs

jkjk it's up to you :3.
awp
Figure it out on the fly. If there's a surplus of $5 bills you can usually get close to the mark
YodaSnipe

awp wrote:

Figure it out on the fly. If there's a surplus of $5 bills you can usually get close to the mark
Erryone getcha $5 bills.

$5 bills! Get ya FIVE DOLLA BILLS!
Nyquill
I can just go nextdoor and pick up a case of pocky.
YodaSnipe
Anyways, so long as everyone pays me cash like last year, I don't particularly mind paying for the bill.

As I recall, last year they accepted cash, however, two or three people didn't carry any cash (including myself), so they paid me back later in the weekend.
Topic Starter
Haneii

Nyquill wrote:

I can just go nextdoor and pick up a case of pocky.
Get me a giant pack!

4 more weeks ~
Shiro-
I'm going to anime north :3 (◕‿◕✿)
Soulclenz
I won't be making it out this year, sorry team! =(. i basically can't get any time off from work until after summer this year.
mm201
I'll be there as staff in the manga library, as I have been the past 2 years.
YodaSnipe

Soulclenz wrote:

I won't be making it out this year, sorry team! =(. i basically can't get any time off from work until after summer this year.
Knew it.
Topic Starter
Haneii

Unagasu wrote:

I'm going to anime north :3 (◕‿◕✿)
:)

mm201 wrote:

I'll be there as staff in the manga library, as I have been the past 2 years.
Yay! Btw, do you have a time you'd like our meet-up to be or can you take a break whenever (@ FurukawaPan as well)? Since I haven't had any objections yet, it'll probably be at the Sheraton.

Soulclenz wrote:

Awww :(

I understand, though. You'll be missed <3
YodaSnipe
You are too understanding when it comes to Soul! Don't you remember the agony he caused us (me) last year! Never forget!!!
Yousoro
Opoh I'm in Toronto!
I'll decide if I'll attend later o_o
YodaSnipe
If you plan on attending the dinner I would suggest letting Haneii know sooner than later. That goes for everyone!
Soulclenz
Sorry Yoda, i really want to come down and see what AN is all about, but my job is just too important atm =(.
YodaSnipe
All I hear (read) are more excuses.
Soulclenz
Perhaps one day you will understand what it takes to keep a job going smoothly =p.
YodaSnipe
Perhaps one day you will understand how empty my stomach is without that pizza and pie you owe me.
Soulclenz
ahah, in due time sir. in due time =p
YodaSnipe
"in due time"

next thing you know, he'll drop off the face of the planet forever like last time.
Soulclenz
by forever of course you mean a few days, to which i eventually made it up to you by meeting you for a movie in toronto that very summer =p.
YodaSnipe
YOU DIDN'T BUY ME POPCORN AND I STILL DON'T HAVE MY PIZZA AND PIE!
Soulclenz
IN DUE TIME!
Kitsunemimi
Thread, please don't die on me :<
YTYuyu

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Thread, please don't die on me :<
pretty much this :(.

just a few weeks to go and it begins~. btw who's planning on going to the Thursday pick-up? i'm a 50/50 in this case o.o
YodaSnipe
I went last year. I don't think I will this year, but Nyquill said something about picking up my ticket. Maybe he's going Thursday.
show more