17.78%
Sat
60.00%
Sun
22.22%
Total votes: 45
show more
Xakyrie
How about keeping this thread pg-13 and clean of any sexual innuendo? It's completely inappropriate, especially if you plan on meeting these people lol.
YodaSnipe

Xakyrie wrote:

How about keeping this thread pg-13 and clean of any sexual innuendo? It's completely inappropriate, especially if you plan on meeting these people lol.
Ummm chill pill? I already met Haneii anyways and she loves me deeply <3 and therefore is completely appropriate!
Nyquill
Topic Starter
Haneii
Xakyrie's right; keep the thread proper (and on-topic ), please.
YodaSnipe
Can I make my own Anime North thread that's awesome?
Nyquill
Yoda, remember what board you`re on. No fun allowed ;p

Going back on topic: I'm going to move up the date of which I'll stop looking for people in 10 days. Admissions are going fairly fast so I want everyone to be able to go without problem.

Also, it might be a little late to ask them for a tournament space, so we'll probably have to compromise with our own setup or something.
YodaSnipe
I resent that! Last year's AN thread was amazing! *sigh*

-

We can just do what we did last year
//find a few empty desks and play
YTYuyu
Ooh I was waiting for this...count me in because I'm going :
Weez
looking more and more of a yes for me :3
meiikyuu
want :c
Soulclenz

meiikyuu wrote:

want :c
meiikyuu don't tease us like that!
Topic Starter
Haneii

Nyquill wrote:

Also, it might be a little late to ask them for a tournament space, so we'll probably have to compromise with our own setup or something.
Yeah, still no word from them. Oh well ^_^;

*hugs Byaku* Yay! :)

@Weezy: Now take 10 or so mins to buy tickets and book your hotel. GO!

Soulclenz wrote:

meiikyuu don't tease us like that!
Is there a possibility that you can come? Do you live near by + have a passport? MEIIKYUUUUUU!
Justykanna
I actually didn't know it was close to me until a few months ago... Hmm...
Giralda
This seems to be rather interesting.
I'm already set on going to Anime North for the weekend this year, so I might as well join in on the fun as well. Looking forward to meeting you all. ^_^

Note: I'm very socially awkward around new people. So pls don't go throwing a million questions at me on day 1. pwease? :D

EDIT: Haneii, if a slot isn't available for osu!, then well, IIRC, the area is rather empty in the gaming room during later hours (like, past 6pm or somethinglikethat.). It makes set-ups much more easier to do. Problem is, people are most likely at home during those hours, so....I don't know. ._.;;
Bronkasaurus
Yeah, I'll be there too, I'll just join the fun I guess ^~^
meiikyuu
yeah i could drive 8 hours to there

but thats like...forever
Topic Starter
Haneii

Giralda wrote:

Note: I'm very socially awkward around new people.
Me too. I do believe it was a lot better for me last year because I had "met" and got to know (or better know) some before the con thanks to the AN2012 thread XD.

Giralda wrote:

Haneii, if a slot isn't available for osu!, then well, IIRC, the area is rather empty in the gaming room during later hours (like, past 6pm or somethinglikethat.). It makes set-ups much more easier to do. Problem is, people are most likely at home during those hours, so....I don't know. ._.;;
Nope, they'll most likely still be at the con (won't you, guys?). Where's the group that had that osu! all-nighter at the Sheraton?

@meiikyuu: speed! :)

@Hazian (below me): Adding to the list because you said you'll be at the con. It's a general attendance list (doesn't depend on tournament/meet-up)
Hazian
As tempting as this is, I'm afraid I don't play osu! anymore. ): university + asian parents expectations OP.

Can't handle studying stress either*rages a little inside*

However, I'm still gonna be at AN, and maybe I'll drop by to say hi, I guess.
If I don't, well, I hope you all have fun. :D

And just a glimmer of hope...MAYBE after finals are over in April, I'll come back.
*maybe*
I still don't know. o.o So don't count me out (or in) yet.

EDIT:

Haneii wrote:

Where's the group that had that osu! all-nighter at the Sheraton?
Here. And then there's 411662 and Teakay.
They're both err... "MIA", pursuing school stuff. I linked 411662 to this post on skype, and haven't gotten a response yet.
meiikyuu

Haneii wrote:

@meiikyuu: speed! :)
ill come next year xD
-w- well.... i don't play osu anymore, but it'd be fun to meet up again i guess lulz

also xD!! i kinda expected this, and... meh, only time will tell -w-
Gundam-Dude
I'll be going again for my 6th straight year zzz. Got pass and hotel room booked.

I'm going to be with my usual Stepmania/FFR crew all weekend though, so maybe by chance I'll venture to this osu! meetup since I'll be mostly at the Sheraton DDR/Rhythm Gaming room anyways if not then chilling near the area

I'm most likely not going to participate in any tournament, but if I drop by I'll spectate for a bit, lol
Triskelion91
I still haven't decided if I am going. :(
Kitsunemimi
Is it just me, or has this only somehow become incredibly popular now?

In fact... was there even any sort of AN back in 2011 for the osu! community...?

Oh, and also,

Weez wrote:

...Are you implying that it was somehow a "no" at some point...?
.......Wait a second...

Weez from AN2012 thread wrote:

Do this again next year and I'm going for sure!!!

orz.
YodaSnipe
Kitsu I expect big things from you this year. Gotta land me with another hotty cause you my main wingman!!!
Topic Starter
Haneii

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Is it just me, or has this only somehow become incredibly popular now?

In fact... was there even any sort of AN back in 2011 for the osu! community...?

Oh, and also,

Weez wrote:

...Are you implying that it was somehow a "no" at some point...?
.......Wait a second...

Weez from AN2012 thread wrote:

Do this again next year and I'm going for sure!!!

orz.
I tried in 2011 (using the con thread)...I never did find burning rice (or something rice).

I plan to kidnap Kiddo-kun from his school that Friday afternoon and leave a ransom note for Weez!
Nyquill
annnnnd with a miraculous turn of events I have 15 people
lol, 2011 AN was when i first got into osu owo, then 2012 came and i thought "wouldn't it be nice to meet others?"
and now it's 2013 -w- *sigh* time passes so quickly...
those

Nyquill wrote:

annnnnd with a miraculous turn of events I have 15 people
How many osu! players? :o

Also if money's an issue, tell what's up.
Xakyrie
Nooooo I meant to talk to Nyquill to get tickets for Haruka and I orz

I guess there's a higher possibility of us not attending this year after all
Nyquill
You guys can still have in. And @those, I'm counting on jonathan lfj's OSAP for whatever thats too much for me to handle LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. As for the number of osu players.... I think 8.
those

Xakyrie wrote:

Nooooo I meant to talk to Nyquill to get tickets for Haruka and I orz

I guess there's a higher possibility of us not attending this year after all
Groups are just at least 15. Please join us!
Xakyrie
Oh I didn't realize. Good to hear then!
jonathanlfj

Nyquill wrote:

You guys can still have in. And @those, I'm counting on jonathan lfj's OSAP for whatever thats too much for me to handle LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. As for the number of osu players.... I think 8.
dont worry my osap can support 50+ admissions so just give me a heads up when u decide to make the purchase!
just that i eventually need it back cause tuition doubles next year orz
Weez

Haneii wrote:

I plan to kidnap Kiddo-kun from his school that Friday afternoon and leave a ransom note for Weez!

to be honest I would do nothing :P

buy tickets now anyways.

EDIT:

Add me and Kid :3
Spaghetti-san
I'll most likely attend this event if its on Friday or Saturday. Especially Saturday.
blueasian_old
I'll be going on Sunday. This will be the first time I get to a convention. :)
Yoshi_green
Ok, I'm completely new to Anime North, but for the heck of it, I'll come this year (for the first time)

I actually know no other osu! player in person except for Kitsu since I never went to a convention like this before, so I really have no idea what to expect. I actually just hide in the shadows, lurking around and jacking up my play count.

Well, I'm not that creepy irl. I'm just VERY socially awkward, which is the main reason I don't usually go to these kind of things. I have 3 mental disorders (aside from being autistic already)

In any case, you can count me in to play osu! with you guys (if I can find you guys)

~Yoshi_green

ps. if you don't know me, you can refer to me by "that guy with the highest play count in all of Canada."
Topic Starter
Haneii

Yoshi_green wrote:

ps. if you don't know me, you can refer to me by "that guy with the highest play count in all of Canada."
But I want to call you Yoshi! Blueasian shall be Blue and Rororororor....yeah, not sure what I'll call you yet o.o. Funny how last year, after learning the IRL names of most of the people I met, I continued to call them by their osu! identities. Otherwise it felt too odd.

Anyways, see you guys then and hope you both (Yoshi and Blue) enjoy your first AN ^_^
those
Many groups do that, Haneii. Take TSM Snapdragon, for example. Dyrus is always Dyrus and Regi will always be Regi, none of this Marcus or Andy crap.

And Yoda still calls me "those". And it's just not the same if I call him Alexander
Topic Starter
Haneii
Awww, now I feel like the odd one out. No one calls me Haneii.

Edit:

I admit I can't imagine calling you "those". Has it ever caused any confusion in regular conversation?

"What do you think of this figurine?"

"It's fine I guess. How about those?"

"What about those?" *looks at those*
show more