forum

Nhato ft. 3L - Listen Up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kfshradio
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 10:17:11 AM

Artist: Nhato ft. 3L
Title: Listen Up
Source: Studio Syrup Comfiture
Tags: Touhou English Electronic
BPM: 128
Filesize: 7009kb
Play Time: 00:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (4.05 stars, 26 notes)
  2. Hard (4.74 stars, 511 notes)
  3. Insane (5 stars, 260 notes)
Download: Nhato ft. 3L - Listen Up
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First attempt to get a map ranked.
to do list:
add hitsounds (custom or not)
add kiai time
add easy/normal/insane (ACCEPTING NORMAL / EASY GUEST DIFF PLOX)
storyboarding?
change combo colors
timing, oh god timing
changelog
[2/27/13] 5:30pm: changed a lot of awkward timing sections in Hard, making the beatmap generally easier.
[2/27/13]7:50pm: changed the audio file, cleaned up a buggy spot in Hard
[3/25/13] 12:43pm: changed background, started working on an easy difficulty(WIP), accepted Vistritium's mod (most of it ' v ')
[3/25/13] 7:45pm: Updated beatmap information/tags (Courtesy of Maav)
[8/4/2013] 8:40pm: Started mapping an insane difficulty and revived beatmap from graveyard.
[8/5/2013] 12:50pm: Worked on insane some more (easier now), added a preview point
[8/18/2013] 10:17am: just mapped some more insane i guess? bump
Vistritium
Hello :D

Change offset to 10 (its kinda same offset just starts earlier). Do it because u have notes that are placed before this offset.
Increase hitsound volume, I can barely hear beats.
You follow lyrics sometimes over beats and rhytm (I think, I'm newbie so maybe I'm wrong). Just take it into consideration.
A lot of unsnapped objects because of 1/2 snap divisor. Change it to 1/4 or (prefferably by me) remove and change notes and sliders that are unsnapped. That will make beatmap easier but in my opinion its ok :)

00:00:244 (1,2,3,4) - unsnapped, fix them >.>
00:26:963 (2,4,6,8,2,4,6,3) - unsnapped sliders and note (last one). Thats becasue of 1/2 snap divisor. If u change to 1/4 it will be fine. However I think they are too difficult now. I suggest changing this moment to something easier and keep 1/2 snap divisor.
00:46:181 (2,3,4,5) - ^
00:48:291 (3,4,1) - ^
00:53:681 (2,3,4) - ^
00:54:619 (1,2) - ^
01:01:181 (2,3,4,5) - ^
01:03:525 (4,1,2) - ^
01:08:681 (2,3,4,5,1,2) - ^
This same happens later because it is doubled pattern, I won't write it all down here
00:58:603 (1) - unsnapped spinner
00:58:597 (1) - ^

01:53:447 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - don't you follow lyrics too much here? Maybe add some notes for rhytm ^^
02:01:650 - add note?

Those are just my opinion, you don't have to agree. Good luck :)
Topic Starter
kfshradio

Vistritium wrote:

Hello :D
hey, thanks a lot! you inspired me to dig this map up and work on it a little more. I did most of your changes except for the vocal-related ones. Since it's a Touhou arrangement, I want it to be true to the original, and the vocals carry the original melody, so I think it's important that the notes follow them at least for the verse/chorus. I do, however , want to increase the difficulty of these sections by making it a little more jump-oriented (spaced out).

also heads up to anybody else that wants to mod: go ahead! but no pressure
[Kanzaki Ranko]
Maybe add Syrufit (other name for the circle), Love=ALL (Album Title) and Linjin (lyricist) to the tags?
(Actually, I would put Syrufit/Studio Syrup Comfiture as the artist, because you're not using Mike Shinoda feat. Chester for a Linkin Park song, are you?)
Synthox_old
I want this ranked :(
Lovely beatmap :D
Yoshi 72
^this

dont see any problems with this map.
Topic Starter
kfshradio

Yoshi 72 wrote:

^this

Except for the lack of multiple difficulties and motivation for me to complete them

Once the dust settles down, I'll probably map the other difficulties for this. I was gonna trash it and start over entirely, but I didn't realize the Hard was actually, you know...enjoyable. Thanks for the feedback :3
Yoshi 72

kfshradio wrote:

Yoshi 72 wrote:

^this

Except for the lack of multiple difficulties and motivation for me to complete them

Once the dust settles down, I'll probably map the other difficulties for this. I was gonna trash it and start over entirely, but I didn't realize the Hard was actually, you know...enjoyable. Thanks for the feedback :3
As you may noticed, this beatmap isn't that difficult, but i really like the song and the beatmap catches its beat perfectly. Also its pretty varied so it wont even get boring and every part of the map feels kinda different.
As you said its quite enjoyable, even more if you like the song as much as I do :)

I don't think there is any need for other difficulties, but it still would be fine anyway.

And btw: I personally think this map is fine as it is. Don't see any problems with how it is right now. Only the beginning may feel a little bit "long", thought I think it's something which fits the song pretty well. Starts decent and gets better and better :)

Anyway good luck!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.