forum

spinners causing back pain XD

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
slithien
this might sound kinda funny, but when i do spinners i tense my arm and back
and then the day after a 7 hour session of osu! my back was aching like crazy (it still hurts a little right now XD)
anyway, i just wanted to know if anyone else has had this before, and if they know any good ways to stretch your back
lol, i guess i shouldn't play osu! for such long periods of time in the future :(
buny
learn to spin with your arm/wrist rather than tense

might be slower but probably better for you in long run
Yarissa
osu!: causing health problems since 2007
buny
osu broke 3 of my fingers n my right wrist
Loves
tbh, 7 hours of straight osu is a bit over the top :P
ct_warrior
Your play history looks scarily like mine. o_o
Try not to tense too much for too long. You can improve while tensing a little, or you can improve while tensing very hard. Might as well do the former!
Oinari-sama
You need to get out of your chair and stretch every now and then.

For arms + back you can try getting those stretchy bands (eg Thera-band) from sports shops or physiotherapists. I used to do archery for 4 hrs straight and those thing are great for stretching your back.

I might as well mention how to relief wrist strain while I'm at it. Make sure you stretch your wrist between every song if you're likely to play for prolonged period. Hold your fist, then gently rotate your fists clockwise/anticlockwise few times each. Then shake your hands as if you've just washed them and you're trying to shake off the water.

Works well for me during those crazy non-stop saturday sessions...
Pettanko
I thought it was normal for everyone to stand up and stretch every half hour or so of gaming.
Winshley

Pettanko wrote:

I thought it was normal for everyone to stand up and stretch every half hour or so of gaming.
Because most (hardcore) gamers rarely do so. :P

I also have back pains everytime, and I believe it's because of my camelback-like sitting posture. I just hope that I don't get kyphosis... :(

This is also one of the reason why I started to hate sitting down for prolonged time.
Kurangceret
Osu actually made my left hand worth from level 0 to level 1.
Icyteru

Lily-Kun wrote:

but osu! is definitely xsrsbznx
Oinari-sama

[AirCoN] wrote:

Lily-Kun wrote:

but osu! is definitely xsrsbznx
So No Pain No Game?

/puns =.=
Topic Starter
slithien

buny wrote:

osu broke 3 of my fingers n my right wrist
lol, thats crazy XD
zozozofun
Hardcore osu! or nothing.
Topic Starter
slithien

Oinari-sama wrote:

You need to get out of your chair and stretch every now and then.

For arms + back you can try getting those stretchy bands (eg Thera-band) from sports shops or physiotherapists. I used to do archery for 4 hrs straight and those thing are great for stretching your back.

I might as well mention how to relief wrist strain while I'm at it. Make sure you stretch your wrist between every song if you're likely to play for prolonged period. Hold your fist, then gently rotate your fists clockwise/anticlockwise few times each. Then shake your hands as if you've just washed them and you're trying to shake off the water.

Works well for me during those crazy non-stop saturday sessions...
lol, i tried it and now my hands reel really loose :D
thanks, ill be doing that stretch all the time now XD
Kyonko Hizara

zozozofun wrote:

Hardcore osu! or nothing.