forum

Add more favorites, and rename them to your own likes [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +117
Topic Starter
BiG_ChilD
My favorite A and B are filled with hundreds of beatmaps, I would like to see an option so it's possible to create a Favorite C, D, E etc. It would be nice if you could rename them to your own likes as well :)

And now, rightclicking on a beatmap shows the menu to:
1. add a beatmap to Favorite A,
2. Favorite B,
3. Delete beatmap
etc.

Why not making one "add to favorite" option to it, and after clicking it, showing a menu with all the favorites you have?

So the first menu could looks like this: http://puu.sh/272Hq
And the second menu after hitting the first option would be something like that, but than showing all your Favorites.
theowest
This is probably one of the most requested requests ever. I know you can create your own folder and sort by that, but it seems a lot of people would love to have more than 2 favourite folders.
As much as I've denied countless of duplicates of this, I'd love to be able to add more favourite boxes in-game and also be able to rename them.

Renaming it means you can have different beatmaps you want to play in different categories, like "Warm up map", "Alternating maps", "Jumpy maps", "My absolute favourite maps", "Maps to play later", for example.
I know there are ways to do this but not enough people are doing it and find it too complicated. Even I'm too lazy to start dividing all my maps in folders, it has disadvantages too. Everything is grouped and not as one list per folder, and it happens outside the game unlike the current favourite folders.

For once I actually support this now. Just think about it, this is a great feature.
It's about time we start serious discussion on the topic and just not deny it as a duplicate because it was marked as invalid 3 years ago, or whatever the case may be.
Kluddio

theowest wrote:

This is probably one of the most requested requests ever.
Like theo said, This topic has been on osu for some time now. I see no point in not adding this, from my point of view at least. swapping from A to B and deleting beatmap to make room for more is a pain. Being able to rename and setting up you own folders would be so much better then that inconvenient "folder" idea they added a long time ago.
having one favorites for each play style would be awesome. ( jumpy, Streamy, Tricky & Slow AR and so on)

To get this topic started am happy to donate 10 stars.

Cloudio-san supports this!
theowest
I just noticed, well I've always noticed, that your maps in Favourite A and B are the same in all game modes. I think they should be separate and have their own favourite folders, all maps don't play the same for different game modes. I can imagine this being a problem for anyone playing more than one game mode.
Kluddio

theowest wrote:

I just noticed, well I've always noticed, that your maps in Favourite A and B are the same in all game modes. I think they should be separate and have their own favourite folders, all maps don't play the same for different game modes. I can imagine this being a problem for anyone playing more than one game mode.
Yea, but if this idea is added then you can simply make a favorite folder called Taiko / CTB / Osu so this idea kinda solves it. :)
Saten
So you want to be able to add/rename the favorite folders?

Beatmap added to cake
This is really a good way to make your own favorites more specific

Cloudio-san wrote:

having one favorites for each play style would be awesome. ( jumpy, Streamy, Tricky & Slow AR and so on)

Cloudio-san wrote:

theowest wrote:

Yea, but if this idea is added then you can simply make a favorite folder called Taiko / CTB / Osu so this idea kinda solves it. :)
Or just filter them t/80237
STR_Warrior
Good idea. i would like to see this.
Oinari-sama
I want this too!
Italo
I think something like ""Groups" or "Folders", work in this way > The user Create one group called "Top Vocaloid songs" and when we click to add to> favourites A o B have one option that is > Add to group... > A List with groups that you've made, I think this would be nice
Topic Starter
BiG_ChilD

theowest wrote:

This is probably one of the most requested requests ever. I know you can create your own folder and sort by that
I've readed something like that, but I have over 3000 folders in there... That's to much for me to search true it for just one specific song/folder...

theowest wrote:

Renaming it means you can have different beatmaps you want to play in different categories, like "Warm up map", "Alternating maps", "Jumpy maps", "My absolute favourite maps", "Maps to play later", for example.
Exactly (^_^)

Cloudio-san wrote:

To get this topic started am happy to donate 10 stars.
Thank you :D :D
I hope this will get the attention of someone who's able to make this (^_^)
Beeeo

Kluddio

bio540 wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

I want this too!
Give it a star :3
Topic Starter
BiG_ChilD
So many stars already :O
Thank you all :D
Sakura
Then we'd need to redefine the term "Favorite".

I'd rather see the folder management being implemented in-game rather than adding Favorites A->n and renaming since that's totally pointless.

Just something like "Create new folder","Rename folder" and in beatmap options "Add to folder..." > "List of folders" or "Remove from -Folder Name-"
Oinari-sama
Problem with folders is that it create duplicates. It would be more ideal to be able to custom tag maps (eg streaming, touhou, anime etc). I think the "favourite" mentioned by the OP is a comma separated list similar to Favourite A/B which can be renamed (?) by editing <username>.cfg
Topic Starter
BiG_ChilD

Sakura wrote:

Then we'd need to redefine the term "Favorite".

Italo wrote:

I think something like ""Groups" or "Folders", work in this way > The user Create one group called "Top Vocaloid songs" and when we click to add to> favourites A o B have one option that is > Add to group... > A List with groups that you've made, I think this would be nice
I prefer to use "Groups" above "Folders", although I don't have problems with the term "Favorite" :P
Yuugo
Maybe rename it to "'Creating Playlists" , or just Lists. The way this could be inplemented can vary, but the folder management Sakura suggested is definetly a possibility. The problem of potentionally creating duplicates is not hard to overcome at all, don't worry about that. Of course, it could be done at a higher level, avoiding folder management altogetherer, kind of in line with the developments of osz2.

So what is the reason this hasn't bee implemented so far, if it apparently has been requested so much before?
effenelle
I agree with this feature. I especially want this to choose songs to host my multiplayer game, e.g: if I name my game as 'Vocaloid songs', then I don't have to search through other songs just to choose.
deadbeat

gonna mark as added :D
Kuro
I can't see it in the standard build so I'm going to go over to the test build :|
she_old
omg finally, now I don't have to use 6 different clients anymore ;__________;

10/10
BeatofIke
Nice add! :D