forum

General "sliders broken by latest build" Thread [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
show more
TheVileOne
Maybe it's just the taiko test map i made while it was still broken. It never unbroke. Existing sliders seem to work fine.
theowest
all taiko specific sliders seem to work fine for me and millhioreF
Kuronoya

Souen- wrote:

I'm also seeing that some sliders in my beatmap that I mapped before the updates became longer than they used to be, some revert back just like the invisible sliders but some of them don't. It also completely broke some of my short repeat sliders.
Mine got shorter! o_o I fixed the ones that it happened to, but about half of what was affected reverted back to how they were before I fixed them, and one even did it a third time. I hadn't left or tested when they did it, too... Just scrolled through to fix them all. They aren't doing it, anymore, though. Happened earlier today.

Souen- wrote:

There's a weird phenomenon where the slider is invisible in the timeline until I approach near the point where the slider is.
Mine's never invisible, unless I'm misunderstanding you, or simply haven't seen it... The timeline knows it's there? It appears like a hitcircle, though. Nowhere to be seen in the editor, but the points appear when I hover where it should be.

.osu file has the "NaN" thing. X's appear in the top left corner during testing. Restarted osu! (thrice) before posting this.

Edit: Oh, and the majority of the sliders in the map are doing the same as the seventh in the screenshot is.
Van246

TheVileOne wrote:

Taiko specific sliders still seem to be broken.
Im getting this issue on standard map...
The sliders shows as a hitcircle on the time line, is invisble on the grid (besides the points to shape the sliders)
And the game crashes every time i test play, make auto play or play as a person
Chupalika
the problem with the sliders not appearing in autoplay in recently updated pending maps, it looks like in regular play, clicking the spot where the slider was still works, but it's like a split second invisible slider from the original point to the top left... really weird
peppy
I'm pretty sure this is already resolved and the remaining issues are actually in bugged maps, rather than the editor itself having problems.
HanzeR
Hi so like half of my sliders at the end of this map decided to go on vacation

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/79900

in other news time travel has never been easier
S o h
So since my map completely broke, I had to redownload the version I uploaded before the slider updates.

It still does this sometimes.

And yes, I am on the latest osu version.
peppy
How do you replicate it?
HanzeR

peppy wrote:

How do you replicate it?
I dunno man I came home, patched, and saw my map wanted to update. I didn't remember changing anything so I did a submit and poof, sliders disappeared
peppy
Did you edit your map yesterday? This could have broken it.
HanzeR

peppy wrote:

Did you edit your map yesterday? This could have broken it.
Yeah, I probably did

I noticed that all the broken sliders look like this in the code.

The broken ones say NaN

peppy
If you replace NaN with 0 and then load the map in the editor, most should be fixed.
S o h

peppy wrote:

How do you replicate it?
It happens when you add a waypoint via Ctrl + click onto any of my sliders.
FrzR
Ill add some of it too.

:|
Kuronoya
o.o Anyone else experiencing problems with the scale function?

Before: (1.000)

After: (.500)

After: (2.000)
Neliel

peppy wrote:

If you replace NaN with 0 and then load the map in the editor, most should be fixed.
Nope, my Sliders are still invisible.
Marcin
http://db.tt/BRy4mTdZ
No NaN values in *.osu
If someone wants, you can test it out here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mnd3wbvwtd3l ... mix%29.osz at 01:42:285 (1) -
HanzeR
Yup can confirm, de-NaN ing didn't fix the problem
TheVileOne
I can confirm scaling litterally breaks sliders. It will leave the head of the slider in the same location but will move the body. If you move the broken slider the separated head will readjust and move with the rest of the slider. No control points will move. But if you undo such an action the game will add such a control point in an attempt to fix the slider and strange slider configurations can result.

Rotating a slider after it's been broken creates some weird results too

Okay found another issue. Adding an extra point to a slider and then deleting that point makes sliders that escape the screen.

Replication steps
1. Make any two pointed slider
2. Adding a point in between the two points will instantly create a randomly bending slider with four points for whatever reason.
3. Removing one of those points will create a three point slider that escapes the screen.

SPOILER
Before

Added a point in between the sliders. It instantly made this.

I deleted a point

Other attempts.

If I add a fourth point anywhere within this slider, the end will go off the screen. In general adding more points will more than likely give you a shape you didn't want and its hard to predict what shape you are going to get. I would say mapping is probably horrible right now, because the sliders are create shapes just by making additional changes. It would be too much to ask force someone to make the slider with the correct number of points or they must start over.

Example of inconsistency. If a player places a point in a slider, and then removes it, one would assume that the slider would return to its original shape. This is definitely not so.

Added a third point

Deleted that third point

I do not think players will like deleting unecessary points.
Topic Starter
Kirino Kousaka

peppy wrote:

Fixed in latest update.
yay~
I have not experienced anything wrong so far in my last update and that's nice. =w=
Natsu
i almost have to remake all my sliders T-T xD
Slow-ru
Clones sliders still doesn't looks like a clones sliders, lol
And if I put one slider on another - it turns out that one slider automatically becomes short :C

my bad ingrish
peppy
Scaling is fixed. Will look into cloning.
Kuronoya

peppy wrote:

Scaling is fixed.
The sliders are still becoming strange any way they're scaled over here. Breaks in half when moved afterward, but they move together. I've never experienced any problems with cloning...

Here, "four" is "three" copied, scaled to the max, then moved. (But it happens to new sliders, too.)
I also tried restarting osu!, and creating a brand new map in case,

peppy wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is already resolved and the remaining issues are actually in bugged maps, rather than the editor itself having problems.
that was the problem, but no luck.

It was completely straight.
Slow-ru
I don't know why, but when I try to move a slider, he is changing his own length automaticly - I don't remember that before

Before
After
peppy
Fixes are on the test build, not the public.
Shohei Ohtani

Confirming this issue. I uploaded the map before the update, and I updated after receiving many issues mapping another map. I come back to see that map fixed, but this map missing all of its sliders

Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/80603

The sliders still exist, but they're just not showing up.

EDIT: Same with this map, except it's the insane diff, which I also updated yesterday. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/56253

EDIT2: Fixed by recalculating slider lengths
TheVileOne
I checked the latest test build and scaling seems completely fixed. The extra slider point bug is fixed. There's still this one bug though.

When you have a slider with a point on the exact edge of the grid, and add an additional point, it creates a weird slider stretch. It's not a big deal though and was a problem before you changed the slider code.
Xierra
Confirming that my public build got problems. Difference from TVO's is that my slider is not on the edge. Alt adding a slider point makes that weird slider stretch to the top left of the grid along with my intended slider point.

[Luanny]
scale tool still bugged
Arnold0
I changed a point from white to red and tada :o
TheVileOne
Are you using the test build to create these examples? This behavior seemed to be fixed when I checked.
Xierra

TheVileOne wrote:

Are you using the test build to create these examples? This behavior seemed to be fixed when I checked.
Good point. I guess I'll have to wait for that since I'm not a supporter. :D
MillhioreF
Is this still happening on public? It's totally fixed on test AFAIK, so marking resolved for now.
DakeDekaane
It seems the extra slider point and scaling is fixed, dunno about sliders disappearing.
D33d
I have a queer issue and it seems to be isolated. See this arc?

Pulling one of the endpoints sideways turns it back into a bezier, but extending the slider's length by any other means retains the circumscription calculation.

Is this an actual bug or is it damage control for horrifying circular arcs? Either way, it wasn't a huge problem, but it certainly screwed with me for five minutes when I was fiddling with the arc. It seems to happen at widths greater than 50 grid3s, as any degree of an arc that's narrower than that doesn't change.
MillhioreF

D33d wrote:

Is this an actual bug or is it damage control for horrifying circular arcs?
The latter. Circular arcs that go offscreen are automatically reverted to bezier.