Multiskin =BUG= -Cursor- [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bunny Wabbit
Yep, same problem.
theowest

MillhioreF wrote:

Fairly sure this is closely related to t/119582.
I think this is the same bug, but described and replicated a bit differently. Merge?
Topic Starter
higurush

theowest wrote:

I think this is the same bug, but described and replicated a bit differently. Merge?
Merged with t/119582 .
theowest
done
peppy
Just the cursor?
DX5536

peppy wrote:

Just the cursor?
Not really. For me it's the hitcircles being change ,too (only sometimes). It's more like half this half that.
Topic Starter
higurush

DX5536 wrote:

peppy wrote:

Just the cursor?
Not really. For me it's the hitcircles being change ,too (only sometimes). It's more like half this half that.
there's an other topic for that case: t/113632

This topic is about the cursor. This bug (cursor) came with the 20130220 update.
As for the new bug. I only experienced problems with the cursor.
ReVeNg3r
I have similar problem but but only with cursor.

"Ignore beatmap skin" is marked ,so i restart beatmap and everything is ok,but when i retry then the beatmap's cursor appear. and i have to restart a beatmap again. it happens to every map with cursor skin .i hope i am understandable -.-
theowest
Do you have "Always use skin cursor" checked? It might be a temporary fix for your problem.
Mangekyo
for me it happend the other way I was playing a map with a skin that I didn't play before and when retrying the cursor changed to my cursor skin instand of the map's cursor but map's circles and sliders stayed the same.
ReVeNg3r

theowest wrote:

Do you have "Always use skin cursor" checked? It might be a temporary fix for your problem.
Unchecked.
theowest

ReVeNg3r wrote:

theowest wrote:

Unchecked.
The cursor bug has its own topic: t/119582

higurush wrote:

This topic is about the cursor. This bug (cursor) came with the 20130220 update.
As for the new bug. I only experienced problems with the cursor.
Kluddio

peppy wrote:

Just the cursor?
Yes so far.
Been trying it out on maps with skins for the past days and so far everymap is like this.

DX5536 wrote:

Hit circles seem fine to me. Give me the map you used that changed the Hit cicles.

Hitcircles
Second picture uses Ignore skin.

Kert
If you check Ignore beatmap skin, when you retry you won't have map's skin EXCEPT cursor
This is very annoying

1. Ignore skin of a certain beatmap
2. Exit the map
3. Try playing (everything is alright, there are no parts of map's skin)
4. Retry by pressing escape when playing (This also works by dying with Perfect and sudden death)
5. Tada, you get map's skin for cursor
It's reproducable on any map with cursor skinned. Like this one http://osu.ppy.sh/b/31210

Everything works well until you retry
MieraK
I can confirm this. Way to fix it is to enable and then disable the skin again, after next retry it bugs out again tho.
theowest
duplicate t/119582/

merging

also confirming
Froztic
2 topics are going on here :
  1. SkinPreference sets by a beatmap (and you've that skin so it's loaded) : when retry, skin (all elements) revert back to what you've set in settings
  2. Ignore Beatmap Skin : when retry, only cursor revert back to beatmap's
theowest
Yeah, I feel like splitting it now p/2143519
Should I?
Froztic
go ahead, having 2 topics here led some confusion to readers

p/2134960 p/2135057
theowest
done! this topic will now be about this cursor bug only. waiting for higurush to rename it like it was before.
SABM-Bryan
I'm also having this issue. Very annoying if I play on sudden death or perfect.
SuperMoutarde
I'm having this. I clear the map, then disable map skin and retry, the skin is gone except for the cursor. I leave the map and come back, I have my normal cursor, then I fail, press retry and here is the cursor from the map skin back again oO

I also had the bug with hitcircles skins from map skin randomly appearing in the middle of the map after having diasbled it too (not in the same time as cursor bug but today too)
peppy
This *should* be fixed.
Froztic
Have tried on about 2-3 songs and it seem to work properly.
deadbeat
want this marked as resolved now? or should we get a few more replies to be safe?
Froztic
should have waited for some time.
Topic Starter
higurush
seems to be okay on my side
("always use my cursor" option ticked off)
MillhioreF
I tested this plenty on the test build and it seems fixed. I've never replicated the other multiskin bug myself, so dunno about that.