forum

Audio lead-in and countdown

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
SuperMoutarde
Hey,

I would like to suggest a small change in the way audio lead-in works. Currently it does not add space for a countdown but I think it should, would that be possible?
deadbeat
i think it might be due to not enough time for one, but i could very well be wrong about that >_<
Topic Starter
SuperMoutarde
Not the case. You add three seconds of audio lead-in, it gives enough time for the countdown, except if your song has really super low BPM
TheVileOne
I think this is more of a tech support issue. The countdown doesn't trigger in negative lead-in. I checked and you need around 800 ms for the double time countdown, and that does not include audio lead-in which the game ignores. It doesn't matter how long the count down takes, it wont recognize lead-in as sufficient space to play the countdown.

Normal countdown speed is about 3 seconds and that starts after any leadin. So in theory a song with 3 seconds of leadin would get a countdown, but it would start instantly and would probably not be that great. But if you had an extra couple seconds in addition to that leadin it would work. IMO I would support increasing max possible leadin to 5-8 seconds and introduce the guideline to keep the leadin under 5 unless there is storyboard.