forum

Shingeki no Kyojin - General Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ampzz

Since I'm highly biased towards this title, I thought I might as well kick off the general thread for it which you can discuss both the manga and anime (when it airs next season) in here.

Anime preview showcasing WIT and Production I.G's ability to make shit look good.

Shingeki no Kyojin

Summary (taken from Wikipedia):

Attack on Titan (進撃の巨人 Shingeki no Kyojin) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama, which is set in a world where the remains of the human population live inside cities surrounded by enormous walls due to the sudden appearance of the Titans, gigantic humanoid creatures who devour humans seemingly without reason. The story centers around the life of Eren Jaeger and his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman, whose lives are changed forever after the appearance of a colossal titan brings about the destruction of their home and the death of their mother.

Characters and cast:

- Main -

Eren Yaeger - Yuki Kaji
Mikasa Ackerman - Yui Ishikawa
Armin Arelet - Marina Inoue

- Supporting -

Marco Bodt - Ryota Ohsaka
Sasha Braus - Yuu Kobayashi
Jean Kirschtein - Kishou Taniyama
Annie Leonhardt - Yuu Shimamura
Historia Reiss - Shiori Mikami
Conny Springer - Hiro Shimono

A few useful links concerning Shingeki no Kyojin:
  1. Official anime site
  2. Official manga site
  3. Anime News Network
  4. MAL anime information page
  5. MAL manga information page
  6. Baka-Updates page
  7. Wikipedia
Just as a side note, spoiler discussion is fine if you've read the manga, just ensure to use the spoiler bbcode so that those who have not read the manga and are currently waiting on the anime will be able to enjoy it spoiler-free as well.
ychao
Gripping plot and action scenes make for a really enjoyable read, this one. Art syle is somewhat rough-ish, though not unappealing in its own unique way. Most certainly looking forward to a good long run with this, since the plot is barely in its early stages.

I wonder how far into the manga the anime will cover.

Also,

ampzz wrote:

Armin Arelet - Mairna Inoue and
Annie Leonhardt - Yuu_Shimamura
Sue me for nitpicking :)
UnderminE
Ahh I thought anime has started airing.
Net-Nue
wow, awesome !!
That preview changed my mind lol, i'll download it for sure xD
thanks ampzz~
Sallad4ever
While I do love the griping survival theme in Shingeki no Kyojin, what I like the most is the 3D Maneuver. Even in the manga I already impressed by the action of those 3D Maneuver, it's like the combination of Parkour & mount climbing.

The PV show a very cool animation with Eren, so I have my hope high for this one.
Kunieda
I love this show,
I should watch this anime when it will start airing~
Sotodashi
The anime in a nutshell. (almost)

UnderminE
Seen 5/25

i prepared a delicious 10/10 as score

But after this episode, i decreased it to 7. Seriously, i can stand to shounen-mainchar-support but the heck was that. i am disappointed way too much.
i also think, if he survives probably it will be because of his father since he was a doctor as far as i remember. but stll meh
Sotodashi

UnderminE wrote:

Seen 5/25

But after this episode, i decreased it to 7. Seriously, i can stand to shounen-mainchar-support but the heck was that. i am disappointed way too much.
i also think, if he survives probably it will be because of his father since he was a doctor as far as i remember. but stll meh
You haven't read the manga?
The Winner Man
The first few episodes are amazing. Well I don't really wanna spoil much but it's about to get really weird and turn the entire anime upside down. Everything just betrays what you originally thought and makes you so confused that you have no idea what's going on anymore.
bmin11
It's okay, I went through the same thing.
Heibel
Episode 5, what are you doing? Episode 5, staaahp.
UnderminE

Sotodashi wrote:

UnderminE wrote:

Seen 5/25

You haven't read the manga?
i remember i started reading it like moonths ago then dunno why stopped reading it

But well, i don't like reading the original thing while its adaptation is on-going because i like waiting for new episode and trying to guess what will happen etc. it makes the anime more enjoyable plus i am watching it with my friend.

i kind of made some guessings like "how to save the story from now on? What would make the anime more interesting?" For example i've thought something like Since Eren's father was a doctor and he was mysterious and kind of crazy, maybe he did something to Eren and in the end Eren will be Titan. Maybe his father is doing experiment and shit P: Or they will try to communicate with Titans. Or they will capture 1 titan and make sure not to let it escape so that they can make experiments. Blah blah Too absurd but well, we will see if they will come true or not.
Magicphoenix
^Funny, that's exactly what 2 seperate friends of me told me in 2 independent conversations...

who r ur buddies u talk with?
Breeze
I'm sorry but this is...so moe lol

Jdle
The anime is cool because of the nice artwork and animation
The bad thing is that there are too many deaths in the story for this manga/anime

If u want some spoilers from manga.. here..
SPOILER
-Armored and Colossal Titan are humans and they are also classmate of eren (chp 43 if i remember)
-There are 2 girls (eren's classmates) that have ability to transform also into titan
-The walls that protect from titans are made from the titan.. there is a colossal titan inside the wall
-There is another type of titan that looks like a Gorilla
Topic Starter
ampzz
In regards to the above spoiler; I highly advise anyone who has not read the manga and wishes to leave everything as a surprise for this season of Shingeki no Kyojin to avoid it at all costs as it does spoil most of the series.

In other news; I am utterly loving this series even though I've read the manga beforehand it is still refreshing seeing this anime adaptation being almost a carbon copy transition to visual aesthetics backed with really decent voice acting and how fluid everything feels, even all the way down to the background music selection.l

Manga readers only, anime viewers avoid!
Has anyone else read the latest chapter of this?

My heart felt was aching in pain for Mikasa and I really do hope that her unrequited love for Eren is reciprocated some time during the series as she really, really deserves to be loved back just as much as she loves Eren. She is one of the scarce heroines of any series that I hope their unrequited love bears fruit.

Side note: That image made my day, Breeze.
threenash

ampzz wrote:

In regards to the above spoiler; I highly advise anyone who has not read the manga and wishes to leave everything as a surprise for this season of Shingeki no Kyojin to avoid it at all costs as it does spoil most of the series.

In other news; I am utterly loving this series even though I've read the manga beforehand it is still refreshing seeing this anime adaptation being almost a carbon copy transition to visual aesthetics backed with really decent voice acting and how fluid everything feels, even all the way down to the background music selection.l

Manga readers only, anime viewers avoid!
Has anyone else read the latest chapter of this?

My heart felt was aching in pain for Mikasa and I really do hope that her unrequited love for Eren is reciprocated some time during the series as she really, really deserves to be loved back just as much as she loves Eren. She is one of the scarce heroines of any series that I hope their unrequited love bears fruit.

Side note: That image made my day, Breeze.
Yeah just want to cuddle more Mikasaaaa a a a :cry:

Topic Starter
ampzz
This has got to be the best one yet.

Tsukimi Luna
I'm so addicteed to this shit
Shingeki no Marijuana
theowest
Episode 7 has to be my favourite episode so far. Holy shit was that unexpected.
nakimushineko
I'm reading the manga and I'm so addicted and and I just can't stop reading it and getting so impatient about the update and and omg.

this is awesome.
reisende
Eotens confirmed for not being able to make their elbows touch
show more