forum

Monster Girl Quest

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri

Laharl wrote:

This thread made me want my old ava back.

A) Finished Part 1 and 2.
B) Yes, it became boring the 6th time I played it because I forgot sth to do. (Dunno what it was actually. I remember sth about a "Hero's Proof", but I'm not sure.)
C) I'm waiting for part 3 for ages now. ;_;

Favorite character?

For me its Alipheese Fateburn atm
Laharl

Shadowyuri wrote:

For me its Alipheese Fateburn atm
Yeeeeaaah, sure.

She's one of those characters I don't like, to be honest. xD

My favourite character is the nameless Mandragora. If you count the nameless monster girls as characters. She's the first character I started to like.
Out of the main characters it is Alma Elma - she's got a nice attitude, not caring about anything but herself. I like that. But she kills Luka waaaay to often in the game if he loses to her. Poor Luka.
(If you look at my Userpage and go to the Ava History, you'll see that I had her four times as an avatar. xD)
Sotodashi
Kitsune = best monster.
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri
Just did the Happiness Village harpy quest. The mad "plot twist" at the end cracked me up LOL

I really like the humor of this game so far
WishfulFiction
eru > tamamo > alma > gran
Laharl
Do you play on Normal or Hard?

WishfulFiction wrote:

Wha? D:
Zerostarry
I agree slime monsters are kinda cute >////>

They're all gooey and transparent.. idk orz
Lance
[x] Touch Fluffy Tail
WishfulFiction

Laharl wrote:

Do you play on Normal or Hard?

WishfulFiction wrote:

Wha? D:
but I do like mandragora a lot D:
I've died to her 5-6 times
Sotodashi

WishfulFiction wrote:

More like

Tamamo > Gran > Eru > Alma
Laharl

WishfulFiction wrote:

I wasn't referring to the Mandragora.

But btw -

I was quite surprised you wrote (basically) Eru > all. I've asked some people about their favourit HK and got three different answers - guess what - Alma, Gran und Tamamo. But not Eru (unfortunately). I'd like to know why she's better, cooler, more beautiful, whatever than the rest. =D

My personal guess is that you like her because she's some sort of tragical character.
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri
This favorite character answer will make a hell of a lot more sense when I actually played the whole game.

Can someone tell me how long it takes to beat the game? :)
Laharl
It depends. It takes much more time if you're actually reading the whole story of the game. You may say "Uh, this is obvious anyway." - Yes, maybe. But the first time I played tihis, I blazed through the text - in the end, I realized I missed sth, restarted the game and carefully read everything.

For me, it took at least 25 hours. Maybe more.

Do note that it is not completed yet. There's Chapter 1, Chapter 2, which is 1,4 times as large as the first chapter and the maybe-soon-coming Chapter 3.
Sotodashi
I got quite far in the first game, but then my save disappeared and I never bothered playing through it again.
WishfulFiction

Laharl wrote:

WishfulFiction wrote:

I wasn't referring to the Mandragora.

But btw -

I was quite surprised you wrote (basically) Eru > all. I've asked some people about their favourit HK and got three different answers - guess what - Alma, Gran und Tamamo. But not Eru (unfortunately). I'd like to know why she's better, cooler, more beautiful, whatever than the rest. =D

My personal guess is that you like her because she's some sort of tragical character.
actually because I like slime and good art ._. (also because she's feisty)
I also like kitsune... fluffy tail... :D
Gran never appealed to me, even though she basically has the most scenes
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri

Laharl wrote:

Do note that it is not completed yet. There's Chapter 1, Chapter 2, which is 1,4 times as large as the first chapter and the maybe-soon-coming Chapter 3.

So does this mean "MSQ Part 2" = "Chapter 2" ? (Thought it might be the second title of the Series)
Lilac
Derek doesn't approve me playing this game. T_T

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/186620
Laharl

Shadowyuri wrote:

So does this mean "MSQ Part 2" = "Chapter 2" ? (Thought it might be the second title of the Series)
It's definitely not the second title.

That aside, you're right. The game is divided into three Chapters, two of which are out already. The 3rd's coming out in the first half of this year. But the translators need some time to translate the 3rd chapter, which is meant to have even more content than Chapter 2.

I don't wanna shatter your dreams. But if you ask me wou won't get an english version of MGQ3 before 2014. Maybe, if the translator speeds up, Sep - Oct '13.

Btw - if you get bored due to completing the game - check some other versions out. They're on the wiki page of MGQ.

There's some really funny MGQ-related stuff there. =D

WishfulFiction wrote:

actually because I like slime and good art ._. (also because she's feisty)
The others weren't drawn worse, I guess. Basically all of the four HKs were drawn well if you ask me.

Which gets me to the next issue:
I really don't get why the monsters do look so differently - or to be more accurate - why they used different artists for the different monsters in the game.
WARNING!!! Do not take a look at this if you don't wanna know which Monster Girls are going to appear later in the game!
There is (as far as I can count):
- a bit like....flat and colour-poor (does this exist? xD) Monster Girl art. Examples are the Mandragora (-_-), the Leech Girl, the Ghost Girl, the Tarantula Girl, the Starfish Girl and a lot more. I'd say 50% of MGQs Monsters are drawn by this artist.

- some imo weird-looking stuff which doesn't fit into the game (if you ask me). It's certain that it is drawn well - it just doesn't fit with the rest. Examples: Slug Girl, the Zombie Girls, the Fairy Group, and the Frog Girls and the Blue Slime.

- The better-looking stuff. All of the HKs and all of the spirits were drawn like this - and a few more. Examples: Goblin Girl, the Harpy, the Kitsune, the Minotaurus and the Nekomata.

- The Art around Plansect Village. Examples: Moth Girl, Caterpillar Girl, Alra Arum, Alra Priestess.

- Some Art I really dunno where to put to. Example: Cerberus, Hornet Girl, Basilisk, Wyvern or Behemoth.

WishfulFiction wrote:

Gran never appealed to me, even though she basically has the most scenes
Yep, she has.
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri

Lilac wrote:

Derek doesn't approve me playing this game. T_T

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/186620

Yeah, I LOVE this song. :D Just Downloaded the map to play it~
really wish there would be a ranked version :c

ps.: Love the "touch fluffy tail" part. For real, its not a question, no one ever picked something else first, amiright?
Soulclenz
the sound effects during the scenes in this game really made me cringe at times, but other than that it actually is enjoyable.
Saten
Interesting game (Fiya forced me to play it lol)

Fiya

Saten wrote:

You know you wanted to by the end

also

Tamamo > Tamamo > Tamamo > Tamamo

Touch fluffy tail all day

Favorite monsters were Lilith & Lilim, Scylla, Alraune, Nekomata, Kitsune, Lamia, and all of the Harpies.
Pizzicato
alraune \:D/
Xylem Beer
Tamamo, Kitsune and Imp.

Still waiting for MGQ3.
Yoishi
The trial for part 3 was way too short, such a tease >.<
Laharl
There's a trial?
Yoishi
Yes, it's just a quick intro & the first fight though.
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri
It seems like I'm getting close to the end of part 2. [DON'T give me and hinds when it might end]

But I really don't want it to end. :c
Laharl
You can play NG+ or PMGQ if you liked the game.
WishfulFiction

Fiya wrote:

Saten wrote:

You know you wanted to by the end

also

Tamamo > Tamamo > Tamamo > Tamamo

Touch fluffy tail all day

Favorite monsters were Lilith & Lilim, Scylla, Alraune, Nekomata, Kitsune, Lamia, and all of the Harpies.
Heard this song for the first time recently ==
god its so good

Iggy
I've got to say, I was surprised how good the game was, still waiting for the 3rd part.

Tamamo and Sylph are my favorite characters, I don't know why, they just are.
Also search the game BGM sounds for "comi1". Best. Song. Ever.
Magicphoenix

WishfulFiction wrote:

Heard this song for the first time recently ==
god its so good

wow, this guy is legendary. nice, new artist to add to my itunes list
Scarlet Devil_old_1
When I beat part 2, I lost over 700 times... I blame it all on Tamamo orz

Also... The Beelzebub scene was horrifying, hell, Ilias was shocked
Laharl
Breaking news: Part 3 english translation was finally complete about 5 days ago. Yay.

^______^
Oinari-sama
oho?

I've already played the Japanese version but I might check out the translation later kekeke...
UnderminE
Yeah my friend is totally addicted to this recently, he has MG pics everywhere ;_;
Laharl
The Dryad's soooooo cool. 8D
Laharl