1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Off-Topic
posted
I was not aware of the new 'no fun allowed rule' introduced into off-topic. I would appreciate it if 'no fun allowed' was added to the rules, it concerns me that a thread would be removed because 1 person believed it contained 'inappropriate behaviour'. The thread had no nudity, no swearing, no real discrimination yet still someone somewhere believed it was inappropriate? I don't know which butt hurt, ass fag decided to not only lock (that's acceptable if a thread is just shitty) but also to silence the creator for over an hour just for attempting to enjoy a stale and slow forum where every thread contains the exact same bullshit, day in day out. Whoever it was, they need to get the sand out their vagina. This is a serious thread, personally I don't think it's acceptable to call something inappropriate when it's in off topic, define inappropriate for me. As far as I'm concerned inappropriate doesn't even exist, nothing is inappropriate, it all comes down to opinions. But apparently to some people almost anything remotely different is enough to twist the twigs in their arse holes. I'm hoping we can get at least an outline of what was wrong with that thread and by extent, what warranted a silence. I'll assume for now that it was just some assflap mod sticking their anal prolapse in a pile of shit and having a bad time, so they tried to kill any possible enjoyment available on the forums in spite. In the future I think it would be good if you stop browing these forums when you're on your period. I expect some input in this thread, not a wasteland for pointing out the assflappery that occurred earlier and the problems in here.

I can see 2 forum games on the front page of the off topic section, maybe those could be moved, for being inappropriately placed. Actually never mind, they're the threads that keep this place going. I don't know if it's occurred to anyone, but the most interesting threads to read are always locked and wastelanded because some fat basement dweller doesn't find it amusing or just (for whatever stupid reason) thinks it's the right thing to do. I don't give a shit what you find inappropriate Mr basement dweller, but I would appreciate some creativity once in a while rather than the same threads with the same regurgitated horseshit every day.

tl;dr ban threads.
posted
the thread wasnt funny
posted
I almost read the whole thing, I almost did...but....couldn't....get past.....1st....line.....oh well at least I tried.

If you want people to listen to you speaking in a somewhat reasonable way might help, just a hint.
posted
Not that I'm disagreeing or anything but

You were silenced for exactly one hour, not over an hour.
posted

silmarilen wrote:

the thread wasnt funny
So silence me and lock it? Did it really need to be funny? Can't there just be something different for once?

Brian OA wrote:

Not that I'm disagreeing or anything but

You were silenced for exactly one hour, not over an hour.
80 minutes actually.
posted
it shows 1 hour but it might have been anything between 60 and 120 minutes
i didnt say anything about the silence, i just said the thread wasnt funny
posted
Oh I see.

I am silent then.
posted
This is how OT sadly is now, nothing you can do about it. It's not like they are going to listen to you, though. Of course there are few exceptions.

This thread will probably be locked, anyway.
posted
Okay, I do agree with some things in that post, disagree with others.

Agree with the fact that your silence was pretty much bullshit, I hate when mods put non-specific reasons for silences, like they're covering up for a shitty reason to silence you. 80 minutes for posting a shit thread (I'm assuming shit thread because I didn't see it) in OT is ridiculous even, why not just delete the thread and just move the fuck on? It's not like he's spamming or repeat offending. Basically all the mods should back off and let Wojjan/Eph/awp moderate this place, because they actually know what they're doing. No offense to the other mods but why take over someone else's job when they do it better than you.

I also agree with the fact that we need new threads here, at least give some a chance before sending them off to AW I guess

I disagree with moving those two threads to forum games, I think they are kept here for nostalgia (strager etc)

Edited to reduce douchebaggery I guess
posted
posting in a locked thread
posted
I don't know what your thread was so I can't comment. What was it about?
posted
it was on the level of of his doubt about gladiool thread
posted
posted

silmarilen wrote:

it was on the level of of his doubt about gladiool thread
Which was actually pretty funny.
posted


Kanye West wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

it was on the level of of his doubt about gladiool thread
Which was actually pretty funny.
I don't think it was quite as good.
posted
inb4dead
posted

jesus1412 wrote:

I was not aware of the new 'no fun allowed rule' introduced into off-topic. I would appreciate it if 'no fun allowed' was added to the rules, it concerns me that a thread would be removed because 1 person believed it contained 'inappropriate behaviour'. The thread had no nudity, no swearing, no real discrimination yet still someone somewhere believed it was inappropriate? I don't know which butt hurt, ass fag decided to not only lock (that's acceptable if a thread is just shitty) but also to silence the creator for over an hour just for attempting to enjoy a stale and slow forum where every thread contains the exact same bullshit, day in day out. Whoever it was, they need to get the sand out their vagina. This is a serious thread, personally I don't think it's acceptable to call something inappropriate when it's in off topic, define inappropriate for me. As far as I'm concerned inappropriate doesn't even exist, nothing is inappropriate, it all comes down to opinions. But apparently to some people almost anything remotely different is enough to twist the twigs in their arse holes. I'm hoping we can get at least an outline of what was wrong with that thread and by extent, what warranted a silence. I'll assume for now that it was just some assflap mod sticking their anal prolapse in a pile of shit and having a bad time, so they tried to kill any possible enjoyment available on the forums in spite. In the future I think it would be good if you stop browing these forums when you're on your period. I expect some input in this thread, not a wasteland for pointing out the assflappery that occurred earlier and the problems in here.

I can see 2 forum games on the front page of the off topic section, maybe those could be moved, for being inappropriately placed. Actually never mind, they're the threads that keep this place going. I don't know if it's occurred to anyone, but the most interesting threads to read are always locked and wastelanded because some fat basement dweller doesn't find it amusing or just (for whatever stupid reason) thinks it's the right thing to do. I don't give a shit what you find inappropriate Mr basement dweller, but I would appreciate some creativity once in a while rather than the same threads with the same regurgitated horseshit every day.

tl;dr ban threads.
I actually took the time and read what you said.

This is Off-Topic, everyone's actions affect a thread. Why don't you contact an admin if you see a thread misplaced or a thread that shouldn't belong somewhere? I'm always open for things like this. There is always more than one moderator in a forum.

OT = it's only as far as everyone's creativity and behavior takes it. If you believe it's unfair, don't blame the moderators, but blame the community.
But throwing insults like "fat basement dweller" isn't going to get you anywhere.
Also, being an offensive douchebag won't get you much either.

locked, but for compensation have a duck to show my love for you
posted
Hi! As a pleasant posthumous reminder, making a thread about getting punished is never going to help you. Like, as a rule. Look what happened to Vipper. If you have trouble with any of the mods, take it up with them, yo!

That includes me, I love fresh meat putting up a fight.
Please sign in to reply.