forum

Messenger Status: Lacks in information

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Whenever I go look at my messenger status changing when doing a map or listening to one, it will only say "Playing" or "Listening to", and will only register (osu!) as a game mode, no matter what mode you play. I figure this greatly overlooked feature has been long forgot about and hasn't been updated forever. So, perhaps it could use a little update, showing status (Multiplaying, editing, testing, ect), Followed by the song and difficulty, then mods, and game type, then a progress in increments of 10%, then (osu!) like before. If you're not playing, it'll show game mode you're on and performance rank.

Examples:
Multiplaying Chata - Remind [Overdrive!] <CtB> +Hidden 30% (osu!)
Testing Disney - Disney's Recess Theme [Recess!! YAY] 70% (osu!)
Editing Malcom Brown - Mystic Realm [CtB Realm] (osu!) - CtB rank: #544
Listening to IOSYS - Endless Tewi-Ma Park (osu!) - Taiko rank: #11084
deadbeat
msn is being integrated into skype. i don't think it really matters anymore :/
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
osu! Can do the same with skype status too, I remember.. Not sure. I just set it to use messenger status then left it alone
deadbeat
to be honest, i'm not even really sure if that feature is really needed
theowest
This is mostly just useful if you're listening to music. Friends not from osu! won't care if I'm testing, editing or multiplaying beatmaps. It's only ever useful in-game.
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Well, one of my best friends plays osu! too now, and she does indeed notice my status, and even wanted to listen to the song, too.
I find it useful as to share friends music/beatmaps without them being in osu! or maybe some would like to show off how awesome they are by playing mtmcl's I Want You on +Hidden..
TheVileOne
When i'm looking for people to watch, it is quite inconvenient to not know what mods someone is playing with. There should be a way to find people playing songs without mods, so that you don't keep finding people with hidden or doubletime.
FrzR
this lengthen the lines, and maybe spams the chat. There was a time when everyone just /np the hell out of #osu and even some got silenced. lol
Winshley
Umm... Is the "messenger" here refers to MSN or in-game messenger? I'm confused... =S
deadbeat
MSN
Winshley
If so, I wonder whether TheVileOne really meant to open osu! just to spectate someone after reading his/her status on MSN... :lol:

If TheVileOne meant in-game, this is the correct request to bump instead.

@Fr33z3R: /np isn't related to this request.
FrzR
@Winshley woops. My bad. ><
TheVileOne
Ah yes. Well I agree with both requests. :D