forum

Enable deleting of skins straight from options

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +38
Topic Starter
Cylencer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can only delete skins from the osu! skin folder in the program files itself, which is kind of troublesome as the name of the skin might be different from the folder name and you would have to search for it.

The skin options I'm referring to would be from here:

So what I propose is a feature to delete skins straight from the skin selection page in options by right clicking it, just like how you would delete beatmaps.

When you right click a skin, something like this should appear:

Edited for clarification.
deadbeat
use the visual spoiler to disable them. no need to delete skins. plus you won't be able to delete when osz2 is fully released
Topic Starter
Cylencer

deadbeat wrote:

use the visual spoiler to disable them. no need to delete skins. plus you won't be able to delete when osz2 is fully released
No, I do not mean the skins used in beatmaps, I know that you can disable it in the visual settings. What I meant was the skins installed in the skin folders.

From here:

deadbeat
oh THAT. my bad. sorry, i thought you meant map skin. sorry about the misunderstanding
Topic Starter
Cylencer

deadbeat wrote:

oh THAT. my bad. sorry, i thought you meant map skin. sorry about the misunderstanding
It's okay, not a problem :D
Wishy
I kind of support this, back then when I had tons of skins I didn't really know which folder represented each and it was kind of a pain, so I just deleted every skin except for the one I use.
deadbeat
be nice having certain options available. like deleting the skin, or opening skin.ini
Ayesha Altugle
bumping

more cleaner version
This one is said into the duplicated thread
Edit: Then I deleted this one
I will explain what Abel is saying:
From that window captured he will do the following

He will press the delete key or click the delete button (The one that Green arrow states) and this warning will display

Every skin you have downloaded can be deleted but not osu! by peppy

and after you delete this skin this notification will appear
Alwaniputri5
It wont work(sob) :cry:
Kynan
That would fix the "skins folders re-creating themselves after being deleted" I have lol SUPPORT ! +5 stars <3
Ablent
is there a way to delete a skin? beacause im trying to do so right now.....
Kayla
Bumping this. I have a file of like a ton of skins and I'm trying to filter through them all the good ones and it's taking forever. I would like an option in the settings menu to be able to delete or move a skin atleast to a disabled folder. Its very tedious organizing skins and a lot of people have more than 20 of them.

One of the things that should be an end goal I think would be to prevent people from entering the osu! folder the most and I think skins is one of the only reasons other than replays to enter the osu! folder right now.

Have my stars. I'l add more if people don't catch on to this..
Bara-
I agree!
NobodyRightHere
ok so i downloaded a day ago an osu skin and thought it was cool but only skinned osu taiko which is the mode im the most bad at. I don't know to delete it though. someone help im dumb and cant open package contents.
abraker
make a thread in help subforum regarding that, this is for discussing feature requests