forum

easy mod: don't change the circle size [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
the biggest reason why i don't use easy mod is because it makes the circles so large which makes it unplayable. what I'm proposing is to keep that circle size, but have an invisible (or semi-visible) circle behind your actual hitcircle in where you could still hit the note. here:

you will see the circles as you normally do, but if you hit outside the circle (but still inside the green circle) it will be read as a hit. it would make easy mod easier.
MillhioreF
This is just silly. You can skin your hitcircles to be half size to achieve a similar effect, just without the green circle (in fact, I hear that's what val does)
Aqo
Wasn't a customizable EasyMod in the works? I'd love to see that implemented already.

Custom EasyMod (new mod):
HP: Stays as original setting, cannot be touched.
CS/AR/OD all become fully customizable to any value you want.

Default score reduction for this new EasyMod: 50%.
Picking values for CS/OD that are harder than original values (bigger CS, bigger OD) gives no extra penalty, while giving lower CS (bigger circles) or lower OD would append an extra 5% penalty per one tick, which means that if you lower OD by 3 and CS by 2 you'd get 25%.
AR changes have no effect on score gain/loss (so basically you can use this mod simply to change the AR to anything you'd want, and this would carry a flat 50% penalty).
bwross
Well, there is the thread that talks about changing Easy, but I'm not sure if anything's really in the works yet.

This suggestion is a bit different, because it isn't talking about changing how Easy plays at all, just a cosmetic improvement to it. And the thing about cosmetic improvements is that you should first ask, "Is this already skinnable?" And in this case, it is. If it wasn't, then the next thing to do would probably make a request to make whatever you want skinnable.
theowest
Don't you mean the AR? The bigger circle size makes it easier in many cases.

Easy mod discussion: t/56606
deadbeat

Aqo wrote:

Wasn't a customizable EasyMod in the works?
i believe so

theowest wrote:

Easy mod discussion: t/56606
guess this is a dupe then?
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
if i skin my hitcircle to half the size, then that means that it would also apply on songs even without easy mod
MillhioreF
That's why you have a separate "easy" skin. Plenty of people have special skins for flashlight, so this isn't that extreme.
Kuro
Regular circle sizes but having a large "hit zone" instead? I'm neutral on this one... :|
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
Easy mod AR3 plz _(:3 」∠ )_
Xierra
Hmm, might not be so noticeable though. And stacks gonna be a problem to their vision. At least to my logic.
But still, yeah that saves us from making the map unplayable.
theowest
I'll mark this as a duplicate then