forum

NoSlider Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
I'm so sorry to make so many feature requests in a short amount of time. I just happened to come up with a lot of ideas... :?
Anyway, this is kind of like the SpunOut mod, except this mod completely turns sliders into hit circles. Enabling this mod itself won't remove from your score, but the lack of combo will. I thought it would be pretty fair for maps with fast or rapid sliders that players would have an easier time without (Like The Big Black, or Emerald Sword)
The only exception would be osu!mania, where it would lower your score.

Note: I debated between this and SlideAway, where instead it would complete the sliders for you and penalize your score
Saten
u r funneh
deadbeat
no support from me.
i'll be nice and leave this open though. for now :p
chaotic_iak
Well, turning a normal slider (without slider ticks or repeats) to circles actually make the gameplay harder. With the slider you can simply hit the first circle and ignore the end, giving you 100 but not destroying your combo. Hold sliders or etna sliders are also harder I think (because I can't stream :P ). The only time this mod is useful is when you have a slider that is long that it has a slider tick or slider repeat, where you actually do need to follow the slider.

But that's my opinion. I think I support SlideAway more than NoSlider; let's see others.
TheVileOne
It could be an amusing gamemode. However I think that last unranked slot should be saved for a much more unique mod idea.
Compa
It should at least lower it the score by 0.05.
[Dellirium]
What... Why...
Tshemmp
lol, this sounds like a funny mod for multiplayer (but should be unranked ofcourse)
deadbeat

Kitokofox wrote:

SlideAway, where instead it would complete the sliders for you and penalize your score
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/32610&m=0 suddenly SS fl + dt + hd + hr
theowest
I'd like to give this a try. Not that I think it will ever be available to us, but it seems fun to try.
bwross
I was confused for a second there about how the combo and score would be less... my assumption was that the slider would be replaced with circles for the beginning, end, and the ticks. Which would give the same combo, and a lot more points. Or perhaps not the ticks, but certainly the end would be marked, because sliders are a duration thing, they should be replaced with a duration thing. Marking just the beginning is silly, and simply won't feel right in many songs. That plus the fact that sliders are very soft objects already means I don't really support this. Maybe if a hold object is implemented, then we can return to talk about replacing sliders with holds... that would make more sense. Although that would probably add some very awkward jumps.
Spare
this would Ruin the map I don't even no how this is possible without messing up The Flow of the map if you rly want this delete all the Sliders your self? on the map :P
Zare

Kitokofox wrote:

I thought it would be pretty fair for maps with fast or rapid sliders that players would have an easier time without (Like The Big Black, or Emerald Sword)
I lol'd at this. Do you even understand how sliders work?
VoidnOwO
:oops:
blissfulyoshi
As people have said, you didn't anything at all about your implementation. How do you want to transform sliders? (Read bwross's post for more detail)

In short, this would completely ruin slider dominated maps (just look at any of my recent maps), so I am against it. However, I won't deny it just yet.....
loldcraft
remember that the end of the slider is always 100, so 2 taps are actually harder. and if there is a circle at every bend, then its as good as a slider itself. but i would use it to have fun tapping the tablet
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
blissfulyoshi, I've atually been debating myself on this.

I've come to two possible decisions:

1) It completes the sliders for you and you only need to tap them but reduces your score.

2) It completes the sliders for you just like 1), but is a completely unranked mod.

loldcraft wrote:

remember that the end of the slider is always 100, so 2 taps are actually harder. and if there is a circle at every bend, then its as good as a slider itself. but i would use it to have fun tapping the tablet
You only need to tap the first part of the slider. That's what makes it easier. And that's why it should lower your score if it's ranked.
blissfulyoshi
From your answer, the title is slightly incorrect. You want a mod that prevents sliderbreaks. Am I right?
UnderminE
Play taiko
Heibel
I think that this will be very awful to play with, since the sliders might add to the rhythm and flow of the map, turning that off would be chaotic :p
Topic Starter
Kitokofox

blissfulyoshi wrote:

From your answer, the title is slightly incorrect. You want a mod that prevents sliderbreaks. Am I right?
Well people keep insisting that sliders be auto completed to show the efforts of the mapper, and all you needed to do was tap the start of thr slider.. So my thoughts changed to that a little..
My original intent was having all the sliders turned into hit circles at the cost of a lesser combo..
Tshemmp

Kitokofox wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Well people keep insisting that sliders be auto completed to show the efforts of the mapper, and all you needed to do was tap the start of thr slider.. So my thoughts changed to that a little..
My original intent was having all the sliders turned into hit circles at the cost of a lesser combo..
Oh, this is just boring. I mean what is the point of this? I wanted it to be more like this:

bwross wrote:

I was confused for a second there about how the combo and score would be less... my assumption was that the slider would be replaced with circles for the beginning, end, and the ticks. Which would give the same combo, and a lot more points. Or perhaps not the ticks, but certainly the end would be marked, because sliders are a duration thing, they should be replaced with a duration thing. Marking just the beginning is silly, and simply won't feel right in many songs. That plus the fact that sliders are very soft objects already means I don't really support this. Maybe if a hold object is implemented, then we can return to talk about replacing sliders with holds... that would make more sense. Although that would probably add some very awkward jumps.
ZeroEightOne
No slider -> convert sliders into streams
[Luxord]

Saten wrote:

u r funneh
Like totally funneh.

I'll give you just one example.

Hatsune Miku - No,39
Winshley
Go stream this with no-slider mod

To be honest, I don't approve this because Circles are harder than Sliders anyway. Just my opinion...
deadbeat

Kitokofox wrote:

is this still your intent?
Tshemmp

KiyoshiX101 wrote:

Saten wrote:

u r funneh
Like totally funneh.

I'll give you just one example.

Hatsune Miku - No,39

Winshley wrote:

To be honest, I don't approve this because Circles are harder than Sliders anyway. Just my opinion...
Yeah, of course you guys can bring some impossible examples but on most maps it might work well as a fun mod.
silmarilen
theowest
Stop linking slider maps already.
We got it, some maps are entirely made out of sliders. I don't see how it will be much of a problem for this request.
ieb

Winshley wrote:

I support it
she_old
Ritsuen with slider-out!
FrzR
Holding Sliders could be much easier than streaming circles. :|
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
For some, circles will be easier than sliders. It's a mod, it's meant to change the way you play. And it's doing it in a way that you never really had the option to do before. Could make some tag maps or maps with quick sliders more playable for newer players to the game. (This would also make plenty of sense in osu!mania too, and in fact CatchTheBeat in some cases. Taiko, not really, due to long sliders instead become bonus points.)