forum

Best Light Weight Mouse for Osu!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loves
After my last buy of a heavy mausu, I finally gave it to my sister so I'm in search of a very very light mouse of less than 100 grams.

I'm also looking for the structure of the mausu to look like this:

I think the dpi is 300-400 but the lower the better so I'm looking for a cheap one.

Any prefs thnx?
Moway
http://steelseries.com/us/products/mice ... zu-optical

http://www.zowiegear.com/products?page= ... egory_id=1

These two mice are the two I've used over the past couple years. Both are around 70 grams and go down to 400 dpi.
Winshley
Logitech G100 (the price mentioned here is in SGD).

Weighting at 80 grams with adjustable dpi switch (cycling through 1000, 1750, and 2500 dpi by default, but you can install downloadable software to adjust the mouse sensitivity between 250~2500 dpi). The mouse doesn't have any built-in memory, so you must have the software installed on different computers if you plan to use it on several computers.

May not be the best mouse around, but it's pretty cheap anyways.
Phantasyy
Logitech MX518
106 grams but has on-the-fly dpi switching (1600~800~400(400 being the lowest))
Been using it for about a year and imo it's excellent, and not just for Osu but almost anything
It's a discontinued product but there's some laying about ~ $30
Cylencer

Phantasyy wrote:

Logitech MX518
Been using it for about a year and imo it's excellent, and not just for Osu but almost anything
I'll vouch for this, been using it for 3 years and still works like a champ. The successor to this mouse would be the Logitech G400, which has the same shape as its predecessor.
Elit3noob

Phantasyy wrote:

Logitech MX518
I use MX518 too, isn't it a bit bulky and large, especially finding the grip after not playing for a while.
Golfdinger
http://www.esreality.com/post/2024663/mouses-using-flawless-sensors/
You may be interested in the Microsoft WMO 1.1 or Razer Abyssus. Both are about 80g.

I'm using a CM Spawn I got on sale for $30. It's about 80g, has slick Teflon(?) mousefeet, and has amazing ergonomics. It has a very stiff cord, but I removed the insulation from mine so it almost feels wireless now. I think newer models have a much better, braided cord. Its sensor tracks poorly on anything other than my black mousepad (on which it tracks perfectly.) You can flash the firmware to make it run well on other surfaces, but it lowers the sensor's max tracking speed, though this would unlikely be an issue in osu!
pixeldesu
I use this one here: Roccat Pyra (Wired)

Specs:
Weight: about 90g
Reaction time: 1ms (1000Hz polling rate)
Optic Sensor with 1600dpi (can be set to 400/800/1600)
Macro Manager (I never use that, thought)

When people spectate me, they most think I play with a tablet..so, yes..I really think this mouse is good for playing osu! :3
Thatgooey
I had hella wrist problems with my mouse hand and needed to start using a really light-weight mouse, so I got the Abyssus. It is 70g I think? Very small mouse, has manually adjustable DPI settings on the bottom with 450/1800/3500 DPI and adjustable polling rates at 125hz/1000hz. It is the best mouse I found for claw/fingertip grip for when I played sc2, and I used it for osu! when I first started playing over a year ago. It was only like $35 on Amazon when I got it two yaers ago, and it's about the same price still http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Abyssus-Pre ... ds=abyssys
[ Hentaizuri ]
depending on how you can play. Try from low to high weight until you can passed.
PhoenixBird
logitech G100 and G1, Zowie Mico, Razer Krait and Dimondback - light mouses
Futurola
Thers only one mouse for osu. And that's the intelli 3.0 explorer from microsoft :P
kriers

Futurola wrote:

Thers only one mouse for osu. And that's the intelli 3.0 explorer from microsoft :P
I bought the last available 3.0 in Norway ... to someone else! My mistakes are piling up ;_;
Futurola

kriers wrote:

Futurola wrote:

I bought the last available 3.0 in Norway ... to someone else! My mistakes are piling up ;_;
Got plenty 3.0's ^^
TakuMii

Golfdinger wrote:

http://www.esreality.com/post/2024663/mouses-using-flawless-sensors/
You may be interested in the Microsoft WMO 1.1 or Razer Abyssus. Both are about 80g.

I'm using a CM Spawn I got on sale for $30. It's about 80g, has slick Teflon(?) mousefeet, and has amazing ergonomics. It has a very stiff cord, but I removed the insulation from mine so it almost feels wireless now. I think newer models have a much better, braided cord. Its sensor tracks poorly on anything other than my black mousepad (on which it tracks perfectly.) You can flash the firmware to make it run well on other surfaces, but it lowers the sensor's max tracking speed, though this would unlikely be an issue in osu!
Yeah, I'd only recommend the mice on that list (although the DeathAdder 3G and 3.5G shouldn't be on that list because it has negative accel at anything other than native DPI. The DA 2013 is fine though).
However, the only mice on that list below 100g is the Abyssus (I'm in doubt about it having a flawless sensor though) and the CM Storm Spawn. The rest of the mice are >105g, and all of the Microsoft mice are >125g.
ct_warrior
I own an Abyssus. I don't believe it has acceleration after researching and testing it myself. I wouldn't recommend it for 450dpi for most people, but it could work well if your hand or fingers are big or long enough. The comfortable gripping position for smaller hands is way below the center of mass so the mouse will try to throw itself out of your grip (450 dpi) unless you accelerate very smoothly or switch up your grip.

It should be fine at any other dpi though, but a good grip is nice. The Abyssus is the lightest mouse with a decent sensor though I'm pretty sure. The cords for the Microsoft mice are almost as heavy as the mouse itself (please correct me if I'm wrong).