pro's osu settings compendium

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Colored

Kanye West wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

this thread is highly offensive towards mouse players.
How about mouse players just post their dpi/sens instead
oh yea, soorry i forgot for a mouse pro players lol.
good idea, ok
Soaprman

Kyou-kun wrote:

tablet? have you seen that little stylus? baby, that looks like a dildo. aight, i ain't tryina play my games wit' no deal dough
I have watched this video literally one trillion times (one, followed by infinity zeros) but don't you dare believe that this post hasn't made me go watch it again.

Is there really any consistency to the settings top players use? I wouldn't be surprised to see a ton of variety.
Winshley

Soaprman wrote:

Is there really any consistency to the settings top players use? I wouldn't be surprised to see a ton of variety.
Basically this. Settings varies on every player because of what they're comfortable with.

My current pp rank is worse than 300, but I used to be within Top 300 (as seen on my pp rank graph on my profile page). So I'm not sure if I should just post it anyway. '~'
Kanye West

Winshley wrote:

Soaprman wrote:

Basically this. Settings varies on every player because of what they're comfortable with.

My current pp rank is worse than 300, but I used to be within Top 300 (as seen on my pp rank graph on my profile page). So I'm not sure if I should just post it anyway. '~'
Yes plz
Winshley
Oh well, here goes... '~'

1. 1,000dpi (this is Logitech M100), Speed is 6/11 tick and Pointer precision off from Windows Control Panel.
2. Windowed 1024×768 (or larger screen resolution when handling smaller CS). Combo Burst, Snaking Sliders, and Hit Lighting turned on.
3. Cursor speed is 0.7~0.8×. Keyboard tap with default Z/X.
4. You can check on my User Page.

EDIT: I often used Logitech K100 back on my hometown. Now I'm down to either my laptop keyboard (Sony VAIO VGN-CR11GH) or Logitech K120.
AmaiHachimitsu
1. 400 dpi (Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical 1.1A), sensitivity: default all the way (ofc precision is off)
2. 800x600 window, screen is 1280x720. Low-end PC settings apart from snaking sliders.
3. V/B
4.Skin is included here or in my userpage
dMaxb
;
AmaiHachimitsu
Nobody's gonna scold you for that.

Well it's not that keyboard really matters when it comes to ability to play osu!. It's just "some have it easier with good keyboard".
HappyStick
Bamboo cth-460 / full tablet / no force proportions
Screen resolution of 1920x1080 @ 60hz / 1366x768 windowed Osu!
X/C on a Razer BlackWidow
Tom94's Skin
Bass
1. 400 DPI 1.2x sens in osu.
2. Screen resolution: 1680x1050 osu!: 800x600 fullscreen
3. y/u
4. Enzo's Darkness v6 mixed skin
Winshley

dMaxb wrote:

Can we also have types of keyboard or the names of keyboards you guys use? :D
Edited my post above for you. Rubber dome ftw~
RBRat3

Kyou-kun wrote:

tablet? have you seen that little stylus? baby, that looks like a dildo. aight, i ain't tryina play my games wit' no deal dough
I take it you like big things in your hand, They do get bigger.

bout the size of a paint brush handle, or large permanent marker.
nvpy
1.Bamboo CTL-470

2.Screen esolution:1280x1024 osu!:1024x768(window)

3.NumPad4/6

4.Supi3 http://puu.sh/22fA0
theowest
Full tablet area, CTL-460
Windowed 1600x900 resolution (16:9) on a 22'' monitor, ~70 cm away from my face.
Using c and v keys on a red switch keyboard.
In-ear headphones (Extremely good sound quality, I love them)
I strictly play with 2 combo colours only, light blue and light green (easier to see). The background must always be black and my skin is extremely minimal and easy to play with.
JAKACHAN
Tablet: CTL-470 http://puu.sh/22gg3 (Yes I use my entire tablet area)
Full screen 1920x1080 on a 24" monitor about 2 feet from my face.
w/e on a Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Blue Switches
Turtle Beach Headphones
Changed to Niko's skin
-Soba-
Tablet: Intuos4 Small, Area: http://puu.sh/1wSbu
800x600 windowed (1920x1080 21" monitor)
z/n
skin: http://puu.sh/JYLO
ethox
Guess I can get in also...

DPI has changed during the time I've played from 600 when utilizing only the mouse for playing, slightly increasing it over time to 800 now. Coupled with 7/11 sens I still prefer to use wrist movement instead of locking it out completely. 1600x1200 with 1280x960 window. 20"screen , Logitech G400 + Razer Sphex and, as for my kb, Razer Lycosa

I use my own modification of rigeru skin which has developed over time, probably won't give it to you even if you asked.
TakuMii
My current settings:
Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 1.1A, 400dpi, everything at default, precision off. Mouse connected through PS/2 to overclock the polling rate to 200Hz.
Graphics: 1366x768 windowed, screen is 1680x1050 @ 76Hz, 22". Everything is turned on except combo flames and shader effects. FPS limit set to Unlimited (gameplay).
Input: X/C, might switch back to Z/X for the sake of my pinky finger. Dell U473D, USB.
Audio: SOL Republic V10 on-ear headphones
Skin: my own custom skin (the one in my sig is outdated right now, I've made new hitbursts that I haven't released yet)
Kanye West
Gah, since non-pros are posting anyways:

Mouse: Mionix Naos 5000 (270 dpi, 6/11, 1.0x, no accel, one weight in left side), tablet (not using): CTL-470
Resolution: 1024x600 windowed, screen 1366x768, everything off but snaking sliders, 120 fps
Keyboard: Laptop (s/d), recently got a CM Storm Quickfire TK (blue switches), never used for osu.
skin: Nilsso's LEET + random elements from Bikko and Tom94 + kriers hitsounds + Niko numbers + WW cursor
silmarilen
ok here's me
Mouse: logitech G300, 1750 DPI, 7/11, 1.3x, mouse precision off, polling rate 500Hz
resolution: 1024x768 windowed, screen is 1920x1080, windows theme is high contrast, settings in osu are all off, always unlimited fps
keyboard: z/x (z/click on high bpm streams) logitech g110 rubber dome keyboard
skin: kriers' skin from somewhere around july last year i think
Lapis-
im pr0 amarite rank 51 in UK xDDD

Tablet: Full Area
Keyboard: Z/X on a Q-PAD MK50

When I played mouse, i had

800 DPI, 6/11 on Windows, 1X Sens in osu!
Antero
you know somebody is new to the internet when they dont get the chad warden reference
Soarezi
Playstyle

Tablet : Wacom CTL-460
Keyboard : Logitech G510 Rubberdomes (yes in my opinion it's viable and good for Osu)
I don't hover, just because i'm cool.
Screen resolution 1920x1080
Osu resolution 1366x768
Currently using my own mashup skin.. pm me or something if you want to test it.
Not ''pro'' but, whatever lol.
Tshemmp
No, not "whatever". This isn't the "share your settings"-thread. When I see the thread title I expect to find a compendium of pros' settings, not a random 5k (no offense).
Soarezi

Tshemmp wrote:

No, not "whatever". This isn't the "share your settings"-thread. When I see the thread title I expect to find a compendium of pros' settings, not a random 5k (no offense).
Yeah, like i'm the only one here. Y u heff 2 be mad? rofl it's not like they have some super secret settings.
Tshemmp
I didn't reply particularly to you but to all poeple in general (that's why I left the name out). And ofcourse they don't have some super secret settings, still your settings don't belong in here (again talking to people in general).
theowest
Tshemmp, anyone is allowed to post in here. If you consider someone in this thread "professional" or whatever, you can chose to read that person's post.
So just stop it.
Naikaze
1. your tablet and tablet area. / dpi/sens (for mouse players)

2. your osu graphic settings and screen resolution.
Fullscreen 1920.1080

3. your osu Input settings.
A/S

4. your skin
Tom94's Skin
buny

Tshemmp wrote:

implying rank has anything to do with skill level

if it did then i'm incredibly overrated

fullscreen 1920x1080
S/D
http://puu.sh/1Z5A9
zozo262
I'm not pro player but.... :D

tablet: Wacom One by Small/Genius i405x
keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4 (I love this keyboard, great for singletap)
mouse: CM STORM Xornet (it's great for mouse only, very easy and sillent click)
FPS unlimited
B1rd

Rebbito wrote:

I'm not pro player but.... :D
no you're not...
buny
holy shit good times

back wen i used to use pixel area
Gumpy

Rebbito wrote:

I'm not pro player but....
nah you are pro