forum

Tempo pauses in osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
dread-nought

Because it's funny.
theowest
and beautiful.

I've always wanted to experience these kinds of effects

but I doubt this behaviour will ever see the light of day as rankable effects. The closest we can get to that right now is through storyboards, but their effect wouldn't be as effective as in osu! standard.
[Dellirium]
You can almost stop falling via slider velocity. If this isn't enough, you can also create a red section and set very low bpm.
theowest

[Dellirium] wrote:

you can also create a red section and set very low bpm.
which is where these pauses should take place, where the bpm is actually low for a brief moment. Pluto for example.
Agka

theowest wrote:

and beautiful.

I've always wanted to experience these kinds of effects

but I doubt this behaviour will ever see the light of day as rankable effects. The closest we can get to that right now is through storyboards, but their effect wouldn't be as effective as in osu! standard.

heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh.

btw, I support this but as 0.0x SV change. 8D

funny how all these videos are stepmania..
Gato
Supporting this.
I don't think is "unrankable". Musically talking, that is possible and in terms of playability, there's a lot of harder things that they are official in arcades.
I remembered that Agka does a "near 0 bpm" with a script, giving as result a little pause, not so good but it's works. I think that's not a hard thing to add as a feature
Zare
I'm no expert when it comes to such games, but I've seen Entozer's Maps and tbh, extreme slowdowns (which can be done by SV already) seem a lot better than 100% stopping, because of readabilty (when will it continue?) and flow.