forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
warwolf
warwolf - warwolf696
Nharox
I just got DJ Hero 2 cheap and I'm surprised how good it is. I really want to buy Rock Band 2 + 3 as well but I can't find a good (and cheap) guitar. :(
adam2046
My brother picked up L.A. Noire and Nier today.
I haven't even started on Red Dead Redemption...

Looking forward to playing Nier at some point in the next...year.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I'll probably be picking up Nier and RDR at some point this summer as well. Lately I've been spending all my time with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World though. It's not as good as the original, but it's good enough. It's also a bit harder than the original ever was. Some of the most random enemies are able to drain my health in less than 2 seconds sometimes. It kinda sucks that there's only two actual party members, and one of them suuuuucks.
Ivalset
I've only heard absolutely terrible things about Dawn of the New World.

Also wow, about time there's a quick reply. Or maybe it's always been there and it's the first time I've misclicked.
rust45

Seibei4211 wrote:

Lately I've been spending all my time with Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World though. It's not as good as the original, but it's good enough. It's also a bit harder than the original ever was. Some of the most random enemies are able to drain my health in less than 2 seconds sometimes. It kinda sucks that there's only two actual party members, and one of them suuuuucks.
I never really had trouble with getting killed by enemies like that, however one of the late bosses did that. Also, I played with my brother so I was stuck as Marta, I don't find her too bad though, and her Mystic Arte is great for random enemies.
awp

Ivalset wrote:

Also wow, about time there's a quick reply. Or maybe it's always been there and it's the first time I've misclicked.
Quick Reply has been around for several months, but not always.

atm I think I'm only looking forward to getting Disgaea 4. But I have 2 games in progress and 4 I haven't even opened, and that's on the PS3 alone. So many games, so little time.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Ivalset wrote:

Yeah, it's not my favorite by any means, and I wouldn't recommend anyone to rush out and buy it, but it's a decent enough fix for someone who hasn't played a Tales game in ages like me. The game gets a lot better the more you play it, cause you start out with shit moves and stuff. The good thing is that this game isn't nearly as long as the first one, so I should be able to get through it soon enough so I can start the real run with 10x EXP and all that GRADE stuff.

rust45 wrote:

I never really had trouble with getting killed by enemies like that, however one of the late bosses did that. Also, I played with my brother so I was stuck as Marta, I don't find her too bad though, and her Mystic Arte is great for random enemies.
I died in my very first non-tutorial battle. The bats in the cave could somehow kill me almost instantly. It took me a while to realize that I should get surrounded by enemies, which would always drain my health fast, and that I should just play Semi-Auto instead of Manual because I can't block/dodge for shit in this game. I could in ToS, but not here. Once I realized that juggling was pretty much the easiest way to not get hit, I stopped getting hurt so much. Also, I forgot about Quests until chapter 4, so I wasn't getting a lot of EXP.
Ivalset

adam2046 wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

There's a wizardry game coming out over PSN that I've been craving for a few weeks and its been held up in all this bullshit.
Is there any info on the price that it's going be?
Actually, now there's a rumor going around that it might be $14.99, which sounds incredibly cheap so I'm a bit weary still.
Behon
http://gamingbolt.com/hacking-group-its ... hacks-soon

Between this and the apparent breaking of the promise to get the store back up at the end of the month (And saying literally nothing in the way of updates), Yeah, I'd say the Playstation brand is in serious danger now.
Ivalset
Yes, and the apocalypse is occurring in October.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Behonkiss wrote:

http://gamingbolt.com/hacking-group-its-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-sony-promises-more-hacks-soon

Between this and the apparent breaking of the promise to get the store back up at the end of the month (And saying literally nothing in the way of updates), Yeah, I'd say the Playstation brand is in serious danger now.
They hacked a single website? Holy shit, yeah, these guys mean serious business. The entire fabric of Sony's network will be unraveled with the hacking of a few of their websites. Unless these guys permanently take down the PSN or something, they won't even bruise Sony's wallet.

Also, I wouldn't have expected the PSN to be turned back on until a Friday or Tuesday, so unless it doesn't get turned on by 7pm on 5/31, then they haven't broken their promise in my book. But even if they DO delay it again, it shouldn't be any surprise at all if you've been paying attention during the past month. I do wish they would've given some updates about when we should expect the store back though. I hate being told on the deadline date that shit's been delayed.
Ivalset
Sup A Noob
Recently read that Sony will get PSN Store services back up by the end of the week. Hope this stays through. After all, PSN is already back up.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I just woke up and saw that news myself. We'll just see about that. At least now I don't have to keep checking the store today.
Ivalset
Or do you?!?!?!?!

Maybe they'll surprise us.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

Unless these guys permanently take down the PSN or something, they won't even bruise Sony's wallet.
The PSN attack scored a crit of at least $180 million

that's fairly sizeable. More-so when you factor in the reputation and goodwill damages
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

awp wrote:

Seibei4211 wrote:

Unless these guys permanently take down the PSN or something, they won't even bruise Sony's wallet.
The PSN attack scored a crit of at least $180 million

that's fairly sizeable. More-so when you factor in the reputation and goodwill damages
I'm not talking about those guys at all. I'm talking about the people who hacked that Japanese Sony site and are planning on doing another "Sony operation". I really don't think those guys are the same ones who fucked with the PSN, and as such, they aren't a big concern. The PSN attack was somewhat damaging to profits and reputation, but in a few months the internet will move on and these profits/reputations will return to the status quo.

Anyway, just finished up (my first playthrough of) Symphonia 2. Such a convoluted story. I can definitely see how this was a low-budget game, but whatever, man. It still feels awesome to beat some tough fight.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

I'm not talking about those guys at all. I'm talking about the people who hacked that Japanese Sony site and are planning on doing another "Sony operation"
iirc that lulsecs or whatever group we're talking about claimed they did the PSN attack

I'm not saying they did, but they're saying they did
Ivalset
DawnII
Someone questioned Super Stardust HD earlier. One of the first PSN games i bought, pretty kickass. Can only really enjoy it with a really large tv, 32" for example feels way too cramped. It is very pretty and the coop is cool, tho it gets a little annoying ala old school side scroller coop. Anyway, it's certainly recommendable. I already have Wipeout HD and LBP as well, so infamous and dead nation for me. All these 5 games are apparently really good so you can't go wrong with whatever you pick.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Wow, I can live with one day late. I totally didn't expect it up today. Fucking finally. LA Noire DLC time.
Behon
I was in the store for about 15 minutes with constant minute-long loads and error messages before the system just plain froze on an error message and now gets an error every time it tries to log in. Thanks, Sony!
Ivalset
Shit sucks. Everything was fine for me.

Clearly, the store sensed your rage and anger over the past month and has set out to fuck with you.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I had a bunch of error messages at first, but then I figured out how to get around them. I'm not gonna fault Sony for millions of people trying to use the store at the same time though. Anyway, that Red Faction demo was pretty friggin' fun. I did not know that game was decent. I'll have to pick up Guerilla soon.
Azure_Kite
"Password is no longer valid, you must reset your password [OK]"

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
awp

DawnII wrote:

Someone questioned Super Stardust HD earlier. One of the first PSN games i bought, pretty kickass. Can only really enjoy it with a really large tv, 32" for example feels way too cramped. It is very pretty and the coop is cool, tho it gets a little annoying ala old school side scroller coop. Anyway, it's certainly recommendable. I already have Wipeout HD and LBP as well, so infamous and dead nation for me. All these 5 games are apparently really good so you can't go wrong with whatever you pick.
I checked it out as well as Dead Nation (the two I'm making a choice over). Both look pretty interesting, though for different reasons. This doesn't seem the kind of game I'd go co-op for, but Dead Nation looks a bit like a run and gun/roguelike combination, which I would actually play with a friend.

Also, 32" TV.

I'd consider getting a bigger TV if I had room for one, but I don't.
Ivalset
Welcome back package now available:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/03/welcome-back/

And by available I mean unavailable as thousands scramble to try and get their shit.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I just screwed myself out of a free game since this shit isn't working right. I getting the first free game, but it wouldn't let me, so I eventually backed out back to the Welcome Back page and the first free game disappeared without letting me download anything. Luckily, I have a second account, so it doesn't matter. That also means I can probably get all three of the games I don't have if I just wait until this stuff starts working.
Nekoroll

Seibei4211 wrote:

Yeah, I just screwed myself out of a free game since this shit isn't working right. I getting the first free game, but it wouldn't let me, so I eventually backed out back to the Welcome Back page and the first free game disappeared without letting me download anything. Luckily, I have a second account, so it doesn't matter. That also means I can probably get all three of the games I don't have if I just wait until this stuff starts working.
They listed the way to access the download in the comments of the blog entry even if it "disappears", btw.

I'll probably get the free games later this week.
Ivalset
Oh god, I'm so bad at Super Stardust HD.

And everytime I fail I get to look at Mr. Pro Asshole DawnII.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Nekoroll wrote:

Seibei4211 wrote:

They listed the way to access the download in the comments of the blog entry even if it "disappears", btw.

I'll probably get the free games later this week.
Oh shit, thanks for that info, dude. Never woulda figured that out myself.

Ivalset wrote:

Thank goodness it was free then. I'd be more pissed if I paid for a game that was way too hard for me and/or fucking bullshit.
awp
I still think 10~15 rock band songs would have been better than free games I wouldn't otherwise have gotten

oh well, sooner it starts accepting my money again the better
Ivalset

Seibei4211 wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

Thank goodness it was free then. I'd be more pissed if I paid for a game that was way too hard for me and/or fucking bullshit.
I don't think it's really that hard.

I'm just bad right now.

Then again, I did buy Wizardry the other day, so paying for bullshit hard games is right up my alley. It's quite exhilarating when your frontliner meatshield gets hit for over 3 times their health from an enemies' normal attack. Not to mention all the instant kills being thrown around.
awp
I just realized some people are complaining that the PSN store is down and they don't know that it's because millions of people are all trying to download multi-gigabyte files at the same time

it makes me only the slightest bit uncomfortable that I'm sharing a service planet with people who are that stupid
Ivalset

This is the most hype shit ever. How have I gone so long without this game. I could listen to this all day.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ival, you's gots some snap-tastic taste in music, man. That's a pretty sick song. I can't wait to play the game with that as the background.
adam2046
All the music in Super Stardust HD is just really good.
The Orchestrated and Retro soundtracks are pretty awesome.

DawnII
LMAO Ival you know you like my highscores. Music for that game really is amazing.

By the by, MGS HD collection oh shit. If only because I can transfer my already pwning psp save to the ps3 version and have some decent online support.

Speaking of all these HD remasters, MHP3rd better have decent online matchmaking and right analog stick that isn't swinging shit and I will be satisfied.
Ivalset
Didn't they say they're using AHP for multiplayer? Gonna be ass, I'm sure.

Also, I'm going to beat the shit out of your score and force you to play more SSHD.
show more