forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
awp
Oh, I got that on my second try. First time was poorly managed and I had to use healing items to prevent Tycho from dying, but the No-Heal trophy is actually pretty easy.

I'm not 100% sure you can get the "use all combat items" trophy against the last boss. It wouldn't pop for me, but it's possible I never used the 100% heal item. I also thought the trophy only referred to the items that damaged, and I had to create a new file and play up to the evil gate just outside French- Mime-Kthulu to get dynamite.

I'm now plugging away at the second episode and it seems to be more fun than the first one. It's also nice that they solved a few design issues that Episode One suffered from.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Bulletstooooorm! Lemme just say, guys, the demo for Bulletstorm absolutely did not do the game any justice. It's like how the Dead Space 1 demo was completely off-target. It doesn't capture the game at all. And it doesn't even have any good weapons in the demo.
awp
I'm keen to get Bulletstorm - Painkiller was a blast, and Bulletstorm's ad campaign was so good they deserve the sale even if the game is mediocre. But it's like, 60 bux on steam right now. I'll wait until it falls to 30 or something. It's not like the game will get worse over time.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Just picked up 3D Dot Game Heroes yesterday and I'm gonna be taking it back at my earliest convenience because fuck that game. I just spent an hour trying to figure my way back through the bullshit sand maze puzzle shit, then I get killed by a blue dragon 2 feet away from where I was trying to go. Then of course my last spawn point was on the other side of the fucking world. Ridiculous.
Mogsy

Seibei4211 wrote:

Just picked up 3D Dot Game Heroes yesterday and I'm gonna be taking it back at my earliest convenience because fuck that game. I just spent an hour trying to figure my way back through the bullshit sand maze puzzle shit, then I get killed by a blue dragon 2 feet away from where I was trying to go. Then of course my last spawn point was on the other side of the fucking world. Ridiculous.
Don't judge a game because of your inability to plan ahead. Sleeping bags can create a spawn point wherever you use them, and if your spawn point was on the other side of the world, you didn't spend the night at the desert inn right before the maze, which is easy to navigate if you go by the cacti positioning. An NPC even tells you how to go through it.

Hell, even then, you could just use a Wind Wing, which most standard merchants sell, to get back to where you were. Blue dragons are random spawn, anyway, you were just a victim of bad luck.

I personally love the game, even if it gets a bit ridiculous at points. Nothing is really handed to you, it feels like classic Zelda in all the right ways.

Also, I've got MvC3, but I might return it to Gamefly once I have enough money to actually buy it. I would be more into it right now if I had the time to play it. The next game I'll get Gamefly to send me might be Bulletstorm, but we'll see.
awp
Really, I heard 3D Dot Game Heroes didn't live up to its expectations. I'm not one to give a flying duck about someone else's opinions, but my brother's a pretty good judge of what I might like. Mind you, it's only a matter of time before that game winds up on the 10 dollar rack in the local pawn shop.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Mogsworth wrote:

Don't judge a game because of your inability to plan ahead. Sleeping bags can create a spawn point wherever you use them, and if your spawn point was on the other side of the world, you didn't spend the night at the desert inn right before the maze, which is easy to navigate if you go by the cacti positioning. An NPC even tells you how to go through it.

Hell, even then, you could just use a Wind Wing, which most standard merchants sell, to get back to where you were. Blue dragons are random spawn, anyway, you were just a victim of bad luck.

I personally love the game, even if it gets a bit ridiculous at points. Nothing is really handed to you, it feels like classic Zelda in all the right ways.

Also, I've got MvC3, but I might return it to Gamefly once I have enough money to actually buy it. I would be more into it right now if I had the time to play it. The next game I'll get Gamefly to send me might be Bulletstorm, but we'll see.
I didn't want to use a sleeping bag next to the desert because that would've defeated the purpose. I used one in front of the next temple that I accidentally found so I could kill myself after I had progressed the story. I left the desert temple to begin with cause that was my stopping point one day, then I forgot what I was doing in the morning and left it before realizing I wasn't done there. So that's why I was trying to get back in the first place. And I can't use a Wind Wing to get back to a temple, I could've only gone back to the inn, which meant I'd have to do the fucking sand puzzle shit again, which wasn't gonna happen. And I can't be pissed to talk to every single NPC to see if they finally have something useful to tell me. And I didn't decide the game sucked just because I got hit with that bullshit dragon, I just wasn't having any fun at all the whole time I was playing it. It's really annoying how you lose all of your sword's power just because you lost half a heart from some cheap shot from some off-screen enemy or whatever. I really loved the 2D Zelda games. The only thing this game didn't copy from Zelda was the fun.
Mafiamaster
Beat Hyperdimension Neptunia yesterday and I must say, ending was unexpected. It left quite a lot unanswered too which doesn't help. I didn't really want it to end either. =( Now I'm rolling through everything on new game+ (the story dungeons to be exact). There was more dialogue than gameplay which was fine for me on the first playthrough but now it's just a huge burden as I go through it again. Overall, this game seems pretty easy to plat, got 73% before finishing. The rest of the trophies don't look too bad to get (unlike Trinity Universe's). Anyways, the gameplay is fine even though the game does slow down considerably fps-wise during most battles. But a major flaw in the game that I had was the "auto" button during dialogues. It didn't proceed naturally like it was suppose to. It would literally sit there for 10+ seconds before going onto the next dialogue. So doing the standard 'X' button to proceed was the only other way. (There was the skip button but I'd miss out on the story!). English voices aren't bad at all either!

(Random): I realized that Neptune was pantless after the third day of playing.
Ivalset
I've heard so much awful shit about that game that I can't bring myself to play it.

Then again, I'm playing dragon age 2, so it turns out I'm not so good at that avoiding shitty games thing. I guess it's more of a quota deal.
Pokebis

Ivalset wrote:

I've heard so much awful shit about that game that I can't bring myself to play it.

Then again, I'm playing dragon age 2, so it turns out I'm not so good at that avoiding shitty games thing. I guess it's more of a quota deal.
I haven't played either yet, but if Neptunia is anything like I think it is I'll hate it to all ends. I can't stand bad JRPGs they become a tedious chore for me.
Shame too, because when I first heard about the game I thought it'd be brilliant.
Mafiamaster
Just got Ar tonelico Qoga today. Planning on playing it tonight. I'm particularly interested in the hymns and the device located at the bottom of the screen during combat. Anyone else planning on getting it / got it? Nevermind, I know you guys don't have it, lol.
Ivalset
I've considered getting it, but I hear it's just a real letdown compared to 2.

I'll probably end up grabbing it when it drops in price a bit.

Also the sexualism has gone so far off the deep end that I'll be embarrassed to pick it up in a store, so I'll probably order it online.
Mafiamaster
Ah, I wouldn't know about the other games since this is the first one I've played.

It was a real eye opener when I first saw three layers of clothes just started disappearing off the girls.

I mean, I did watch a few gameplay battles on youtube but watching them right up in my face was a different experience.

They had only one copy at my local gamestop. The dumb thing was that it wasn't in shrink wrap so the box wasn't really in mint condition when I got it.
Ivalset
The second one is a pretty damn good game, though it is a ps2 game. I'd definitely recommend picking it up. It's a little easy, especially later in the game, but still fun.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Crysis 2, motherfuckers!
Nharox
I don't want to wait for Mortal Kombat anymore. I never paid attention to the franchise but I was blown away by the demo. I really like the characters, the stages and the tag team mode. Might take a while though because I have to import it (well, it's cheaper anyway). It's illegal when you import it in Australia, that's even worse than Germany.

Anyone else here is going to buy it?
BakaWolfy
PSN Baka-Wolf-
Games:
COD Modern Warfare 2
COD Modern Warfare
COD World at War
COD Black Ops
Bad Company 2
Killzone 3
Soul Caliber 4
Battlefield 1943
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
You've only got two different games? Bummer. I'm surprised you don't have Homefront.

Anyway, I've gone through about half of Crysis 2 so far, and what a sweet game. If you don't care about MP, the game is fucking fun.
awp

Nharox wrote:

Anyone else here is going to buy it?
I'm actually tempted. I dislike fighting games and never gave a damn about the Mortal Kombat series but in all fairness the game is so silly and fun. I'm sure as hell not going to fork over 60 bux for it, but if I find it in a pawn shop for 15 dollars I will in all likelihood pick it up. Also, since it's a simple, accessible, non-hardcore game, I'll actually be able to play it with friends.
Ivalset
If you own a PS3 and a PSP you are literally required to own Dissidia 012.

Just throwing that in there.
DawnII
No AHP for me, fucking wired connections. As if I even had time to troll the interwebs with my thunder barrett combos.
Ivalset
My laptop connects wirelessly to my router, which is like in the basement while i'm on the second floor. So I just run an ethernet cord from my laptop to my ps3 and bridge the wired connection with my wireless connection.

I dunno, maybe you can work something similar out.
DawnII
Ahaaaa. Totally didn't think of that. I'll try it this weekend.
awp

Ivalset wrote:

If you own a PS3 and a PSP you are literally required to own Dissidia 012.

Just throwing that in there.
there's fucking twelve of them? I haven't even played the first one yet
Ivalset
Nah, only two. Apparently the first one is technically Dissidia 013. It's pretty retarded but it is what it is.
awp

Ivalset wrote:

It's pretty retarded but it is what it is.
And that's retarded
Rantai
Just bought Hyperdimension Neptunia on an influenced whim and must say it's pretty amusing. From what I gather it's a game based on the console war where there are many console anthropomorphisms (in the form of anime-girls, of course) and several game/game-based shout outs and references. I only got around to playing (admittedly reading/watching for the first 15 mins) for around 30 minutes but got to see the basics of the gameplay. It seems to play out like an action-RPG-visual novel with the battle system being a combo based TBS.

So far it hasn't disappointed, I'm wondering if anyone else has had a look at it.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Mafiamaster wrote:

Beat Hyperdimension Neptunia yesterday...
Rantai

Seibei4211 wrote:

Mafiamaster wrote:

Beat Hyperdimension Neptunia yesterday...
O.o thanks.

I guess I screwed up my search function.
-SiN-
i rarely use it, registering for psp only :3

PSN: SiNR-33
awp
Anon is stepping into the Sony vs GeoHot lawsuit. This is probably going to inconvenience PS3 users for a little bit (I'm not sure what impacts it will have on PSN) but hopefully by the end of it Sony will stop being such a ludicrous despot in the whole ordeal.

As far as I'm concerned, they're free to ban users from the PSN if they're playing pirated games but everything else has been a big middle finger to moving the platform forward so far. Hopefully this will fill the grave Sony's digging before it gets too deep.
Ivalset
This whole situation is pretty gay.
Pokebis
Some people are trying to get dual booting for CFW and OFW.
If that happens I hope Sony will let those users still use PSN.
I mean on OFW they'd most likely be playing legit games and would have the opportunity to continue paying for Sony's service.
I mean, you can't even pirate most PSN games and DLC. Sony would just lose sales cutting these people off.

The only reason to ban hackers is to scare people from hacking, but only people really looking for that will be able to hack since you can only hack 3.55 and under right now, so there's not much to scare other than people who don't care about PSN.

Only people I think should be banned is cheaters. And only from the specific games they cheat in. Sony is wasting their money and cutting off profits. Nice move.
Ivalset
I hope you stay banned forever, Pokebis.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
This is awesome. Fucking great. It's pretty awesome that the legit users get to suffer just because there are assholes using their system. And now those fucking Anonymous guys are getting involved? Things just keep getting better.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

And now those fucking Anonymous guys are getting involved? Things just get keep getting better.
I think that actually is a point in our favour (I'm reading sarcasm in this). Once the PS3 was hacked Sony went trigger happy. I did some reading from some of the hacker groups, and there is/was a program that you could run which would spoof your PS3 serial number. If you knew the serial number of someone else's PS3 and got caught cheating while running that spoofer, you could get someone else banned rather than yourself. So basically, assuming this was true, Sony wasn't trying off the bat to solve the problem but to put a bandage over it. And the bandage is made of asbestos.

What they're currently doing vs what they were doing before security was breached is far worse. According to the PS3 EULA, Sony has the right, if they deem necessary (read: if they feel like it) to push silent updates to the console without any user input/consent (the consent was in the EULA). This in itself does not appear to be a problem since the silent updates are done in a non-intrusive way, however, if something goes wrong in an update (such as power failure) there's a risk of bricking the system. So apparently, Sony can accidentally brick your system if you leave it connected. And I'm pretty sure it's also written that they take no responsibility/liability if that happens, so you're out to sea.

So it has gotten to the point where a bit of (very) bad luck could mean the equivalent of a RROD, but Anon's involvement may resolve some of the unethical practices Sony's doing right now.

On the other hand, if failed updates don't harm the system, I'm more-so okay with it. I doubt this is the case (and Sony themselves warn that the system might not power up if it is abruptly shut off during an update).

I don't see what's so difficult about a failsafe. A failed firmware update should not brick any system. The BIOS should be smart enough to check for errors and restore a backup that is on permanent storage to protect against something like that.

You can fuck your PC up, but you can't brick it. The same should apply to all current and future technology
hunnykilla
Been playing mvc3 a looot lately.

PSN: Nakao510

Super Street Fighter 4(Cviper)
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Metal Gear Online
Uncharted 3
Gran Turismo 5
Little Big Planet 2
Fat Princess
Pokebis

Seibei4211 wrote:

This is awesome. Fucking great. It's pretty awesome that the legit users get to suffer just because there are assholes using their system.
In the case of the hackers that's like saying it's pirate's fault DRM is in games. Sure they put it in games to help prevent piracy (you'd be stupid if you think it actually does), but the fact of the matter is pirates will circumvent these systems nearly immediately and only the end user (legit) suffers. This is over-optimistic implementations from corporations that do anything but help their sales. Pirates are not the ones implementing it, however.

Sony, as a corporation, made choices to implement their own systems, hackers pushed nothing onto you. And lots of hackers aren't "assholes" many are acting upon broken promises from Sony (Other-OS support), seeking of information (finding out how the PS3 ticks), and some just want to stick-it-to-the-man (which happens to be Sony).

I don't blame Sony for trying to protect their IPs, but they've been doing it very, very wrong. But it's them doing it wrong, not the hackers.

Of course the Anonymous attacks are indeed assholery. Can't really argue that and feel bad for you there.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Just got a pile of games. Darksiders, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and Swarm. I'll probably get Spare Parts soon, too. Also, I got Sonic Colors, but whatever. That's the only one I've played so far.
Pokebis
Darksiders is pretty good.
I didn't know Colors was on the PS3.
show more