forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
awp
yes Just Cause 2 is 40 dollars in Wal Mart

very tempting; would definitely buy if I didn't have like 20 other games to play
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Got the FFXIII Plat. Only took 113 fucking hours, which is kind of a funny coincidence. So done with that game. So fucking done.
awp
was the game actually good? I hear mixed opinions.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
tl;dr -> Graphically and technically, yeah, sure. It's not really fun though.

Battle system was pretty much working as it should and there weren't any glitches to mention. But the game itself is just, you know, pretty boring. Not a lot of fun. The only good feelings you really get from the game are from when you fight a boss, but you die a few times, then you go and whoop its ass. Doesn't happen often though, and you don't really get that same feeling of conquest when you beat the guy in one try

Most of the game is pretty padded, which is to say chapters 1-10 and 12 didn't need to exist and were terribly boring and the only reason they were there was so the game would have an excuse to shove dozens of cutscenes down your throat. And the story-telling, while better than FFXII, didn't quite perform well in a few aspects. After most cutscenes, your datalog will be updated and it'll have a little recap of what you just saw in the cutscene, and the datalog is much better at describing what just happened than the cutscene did.
Atmey

Ivalset wrote:

Rolled wrote:

Vanille is mother fucking adorable, btw. Think she's legal?
Vanille owns so hard

but you would like her, you pedophile
According to her, she is few centuries old or something.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
But that doesn't really count. That's like calling Philip J. Fry 1,000+ years old.
Bestelle
Seibei, I heard you liked some Disgaea. You know, Flonne. cough
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
What? I've never played any Disgaea.
awp
I think he was making a Disgaea reference

One Thousand...Five Hundred and Nine.

Ha ha, you old hag!
Atmey

Seibei4211 wrote:

But that doesn't really count. That's like calling Philip J. Fry 1,000+ years old.
Technically he is.
Current Date - Date of Birth = age
Bestelle

awp wrote:

I think he was making a Disgaea reference

One Thousand...Five Hundred and Nine.

Ha ha, you old hag!
Of course you would get what I meant.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Man, Just Cause 2 sure was worth the $60. Just broke 100 hours of gameplay and I just finally finished getting 100% in every settlement. Finally started working on the story missions.
awp
Got Prince of Persia and Burst Limit today

yay cheap games

I haven't played PoP but it seemed alright. Worth 9 dollars, at the very least. Been having lots of fun with DBZ though
Two_old
I liked the paradigms and pseudo-turn-based combat in FFXIII, but the main problem for me was that enemies were too 1 dimensional. It's like they created a boss skill set and then copy and pasted it with minor tweaks. Bosses also had entirely too much hp in general and, in my opinion, their art designs were boring.

I also didn't like how they literally push you through the game up until gran pulse, where they put you the middle of this giant place with little instruction. I feel as though gran pulse and the mark system would have been acceptable as a break from the story (which really should last at least twice as long as it did), instead of being the actual post-game content. I mean, wtf is the point of getting items from marks? Using them on other marks? The hardest story boss is trivial just by equipping death resist items that you can buy from the shop for little money.

game is pretty and had the potential to be great, but it's shallow and probably was just released to cash in on the final fantasy name
Atmey
Just beat FFXIII yesterday, took me that long cause I was away for three weeks. The story wasn't outstanding until they turned to Cie'th, I thought I got the bad ending, but they HAD to come back and ruin this twist. Playing the rest of the game with only Vanille and Fang would be quite interesting. As for the battle system, it is not bad by itself, but the "dungeons" were not that good, wish there were more of the tower. The art/design was not boring, but we have already seen it in the paste ~5 FF games
Death Resist? does that really help?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Cherub Crown thing kinda does help, especially if you suck and take forever to beat the guy. I think the story started going downhill after they started using the phrase "fal'Cie smoke and mirrors." Makes me wonder how much of the game was actually "fal'Cie smoke and mirrors."
Sup A Noob

Seibei4211 wrote:

Cherub Crown thing kinda does help, especially if you suck and take forever to beat the guy. I think the story started going downhill after they started using the phrase "fal'Cie smoke and mirrors." Makes me wonder how much of the game was actually "fal'Cie smoke and mirrors."
This is what happens when English dubs pop up.

Thank goodness I chose God of War 3 over this.
Sushi
Hey!

Just bought a PS3. Don't have a lot of games yet, but there we go :

Sushi971 => Sushi_971
adam2046
BlazBlue arrived a couple days ago.
Gonna have to spend some more time with it to get the hang of some of the characters (Carl, Litchi, Tager), but this is definitely my kind of fighting game.
If only my connection to the internet weren't a piece of shit...
awp
The more I play TMNT Reshelled, the more I like it.

Fuuuuuckin' hell Leonardo is OP. Beat the game on Hard without dying.
Atmey
Got Super Street Fighter few days ago, liked Ibuki's play style, but I am still not that good with her. Most of the old characters got nerfed.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Lost Planet 2 day! Finally, a game to play after this month-long drought.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Less than 10 days until some Alpha Protocol goodness. And Lost Planet 2 is pretty cool, but I thought I'd have at least 3 friends getting this game, but so far none of them have been able to get it, so I haven't had any consistent partners.
awp
Isn't Alpha Protocol an old game? I coulda sworn I played it at my brother's house.

Got Katamari 5 today. Love me some Katamari.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

awp wrote:

Isn't Alpha Protocol an old game?
No? At least not this one. Some nice 3rd person shooter, RPG action. Booya!
awp
yeah this isn't what I was thinking of by the looks of it. I recall something of a Super Metroid-esque game on the 360.

Whatever. I'm diggin' some of the Katamari Forever remixes.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I hecka liked Sayonara Rolling Star, but then I listened to the original and that one was a bit better. I didn't like the remixes they did to my previous favorite song, Everlasting Love.
Nexus Reaper
PSN: Blue_Euphoria

Games:
- LittleBigPlanet
- Assassin's Creed II
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2006
- Final Fantasy XIII
awp
Katamari Forever best game forever
Bestelle
I know this post was from a month ago, awp, but...

awp wrote:

Fuuuuuckin' hell Leonardo is OP. Beat the game on Hard without dying.
What are you doing using Leo? The best choice is obviously Don.
Anyway, I finally got my PS3 here. Going to get ModNation Racers soon. I'll post my PSN later. I kinda... forgot it. Yeeeah.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So Alpha Protocol was pretty much disappointing. It's ok. Not a lot of new stuff going on with PS3 right now.
adam2046
I actually finally finished Arkham Asylum.

...Well that was disappointing.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Arkham was? Really? I thought it was pretty good, except for the "bosses." They sucked.
adam2046
Fighting isn't actually very fun for me since you can pretty much get by with mashing square a whole lot while jumping over heads and occasionally hitting triangle and then doing a combo takedown whenever you can.
The titan bosses are just shit and they keep bloody appearing.
The Joker was a disappointing end fight.
Ivy's titan plants are just randomly strewn about the place when they appear and while kind of fun to avoid, are just boring to fight.
Ivy's fight just felt badly designed when they add in goons that are pretty much only there to get in your way.
Ivy's ass takes twice as long to load as the rest of her making the loading sequences take longer than they really should every time you die.
Actually most boss fights were pretty shit except for Harley and Killer Croc.
The Riddler's things were fun but some were just too easy.
Knife enemies are just there to make you hit circle occasionally.
The parts with Scarecrow were pretty unwowing especially after everyone hyped them up so much and his battles were the same thing every time. The only good Scarecrow sequence is the part in the hallway.
It would have been nice to have some enemy variation that was something other than "goon with x". The only thing that comes to mind are the insane inmates.
One of the game over voice clips sounds lower quality than the others which just serves to tick me off even more every time I die.

On the plus side, stealth parts are great.
Disarming bombs is kind of tense.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Killer Croc kinda sucked, too. Pop up, batarang, walk, pop up, batarang, walk, etc. Scarecrow's parts were only lame cause you read the hype and skewed your expectations of it. That part in the morgue was pretty cool, too.
adam2046

Seibei4211 wrote:

Killer Croc kinda sucked, too. Pop up, batarang, walk, pop up, batarang, walk, etc. Scarecrow's parts were only lame cause you read the hype and skewed your expectations of it. That part in the morgue was pretty cool, too.
Yeah Croc's section went a little too long.
It's not like I read the hype, I literally couldn't avoid the hype.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, he was pretty hyped. I didn't get a chance to read most of the hype since I got the game on day 0 and could get to the part before people blew it out of proportion. It was cool, but not game-changing, groundbreaking cool.
Bestelle
Finally decided to connect my Pee Es Tree to the internets. Sadly, I still don't have a single online game(Don't ask me why I don't even have LBP yet, I'm saddened by it).
Playing through Star Ocean: The Last Hope right now. Don't like Welch as much as I did in SO3, but she's pretty much the only thing that's got me laughing. Or is that because the Japanese voice is pretty lulzy? Meh. Anyway, account is RLLink. Add me if you want.
-Xero-
My PSN is Toradora94
I dont know why i choosed that name >__>
Pokebis
My PSN is Pokebis now. The only thing I'll really play online at the moment is MvC2 now. I'm not very good at it, though.
show more