EEeee

awp wrote:

GoW3 demo so good
^_________________^
lukewarmholiday

I hope this doesn't suck ;~;
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I've already played that demo, like, 7 times now. I keep finding new things to do. So much fuckin' fun. FFXIII is gonna be so damn boring now thanks to Just Cause 2.
Rolled
You are going to hell for saying that Seibei.

T minus 34 hours until I get my hands on this bitch. Midnight release 8-)
awp
that game looks buggy yet neat

I have the demo installed; will try it when I'm not spamming blizzard games
Mr Gaddy
Omg, PS3 thread :O
I've got ps3 too, my id is same as there - gadasiu
I can play some MW2 and LBP :D
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Rolled wrote:

You are going to hell for saying that Seibei.

T minus 34 hours until I get my hands on this bitch. Midnight release 8-)
Oh yeah, you're probably gonna really like this game, huh? What with that pseudo Sphere Grid thing they're doing.
Ivalset
u mad seiebi?

u mad?

I can't wait to put 100 hours of extraordinary pleasure into ff13 and then head back to wkc.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I'm not mad. I'm not saying I'm not looking forward to FFXIII and I'm not saying it's not going to be good. I am, however, lowering my expectations down so I'm not completely disappointed when it turns out that the game, in fact, isn't Jesus in disc form. I am also saying that after flying around with a kickass grappling hook that it will be hard to look forward to any other form of transportation like running very slowly or using a slightly-faster-than-walking Chocobo or something.
Two_old
just cause 2 looks just as ugly as RE5, MW2 and all the other ps3 games, and the animations in just cause 2 are hilariously choppy

ffxiii is actually pretty
awp

Two wrote:

and that is what a good game boils down to
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Two wrote:

just cause 2 looks just as ugly as RE5, MW2 and all the other ps3 games, and the animations in just cause 2 are hilariously choppy

What are these? Paintings?
Ivalset
That video of Just Cause 2 really does make it look like shit though. I'm sure it plays better in actually...probably. Most likely.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
The whole point of that game (I believe) is not to be good with awesome physics and graphics and stuff (although the draw distance in that game is pretty fucking amazing). It's just to be an actual sandbox game. You're supposed to use your imagination and have fun in sandboxes, yes? That game totally lets you do that. Combat is shit, there's no question there. Hasn't anyone ever played Spider-man 2 and just swung around the city and gone to the highest skyscraper to jump off and catch yourself at the bottom and stuff? It's like that, except with way more stuff to do.
rust45

Seibei4211 wrote:

Two wrote:

What are these? Paintings?
Yes, and I want to only play games that look pretty.

In a change of topic to Borderlands, I beat Crawmerax with my bro. He hid in the very left where as long as he did not get the attention of any of the enemies would be perfectly safe. I just ate away at the health with my SMG and we beat it with enough time. We tried farming but my brother got cocky and tried killing him when he had a sliver of health left, but since he could only get the back of him, and I was dying, Crawmerax turned around and couldn't be killed.
Ivalset
I don't see you raving about pearlescents, so I'm guessing you got none?
rust45
I did not, that is why we wanted to try farming, I got a class mod that increases our chances of getting rare weapons, so I want to at least try one more time till we try the third playthrough. I really want one of the shields, according to the wiki it doubles the amount of time you bleed out, and the time doesn't decrease each time you bleed out.
Ivalset
Blah, I should probably get around to playing the dlc for borderlands.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

The whole point of that game (I believe) is not to be good with awesome physics and graphics and stuff (although the draw distance in that game is pretty fucking amazing). It's just to be an actual sandbox game. You're supposed to use your imagination and have fun in sandboxes, yes? That game totally lets you do that. Combat is shit, there's no question there. Hasn't anyone ever played Spider-man 2 and just swung around the city and gone to the highest skyscraper to jump off and catch yourself at the bottom and stuff? It's like that, except with way more stuff to do.
Prototype was like that too. Great fun in just fucking around.

Yeah that was a bad video but once you get to know the game, it is fun. If you could play multiplayer, even just two people, oh that'd be amazing.

The dual-hook is a fuckin' FUN toy though. hook a guy to a bike and drive off, dragging him behind you. Drive toward another vehicle going the other way, parachute away, and listen to the resulting explosion and guy dying.

Hook two canisters together, shoot them both, and pray they don't catch you by the neck when they start flailing around.

Though it requires a ton of finesse, I want to try ghost-riding a plane flying low enough to hookshot a guy onto the back end of the plane, hop back in the plane, and take his sorry ass for a drive

Saints Row 2 with a hookshot is good fun
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

awp wrote:

If you could play multiplayer, even just two people, oh that'd be amazing.
I was thinking that, too. Co-op would be holy shit balls to the wall fun. I hecka like flying to the top of the map in a helicopter, jumping out, and trying to hookshot back into it. That one video made it look so easy. I hecka like flying around with the parachute, too. Zippin' along, going faster than a parachute should go. And hookshotting two people together is always fun.

And the best part about doing all of that crazy shit is that the game rewards you for it. That's just aces.
Atmey
Been playing FFXIII in the last couple of days, I got into 12 hours or so, love it so far, I only have one complaint TOO LINEAR! You start the chapter from the beginning of the dungeon/area, chapter finishes you directly go next area (after a cut scene), shoping and upgrading in save points, there is no city or world map yet.
Ivalset
Linear is absolutely fine with me.
Mr Gaddy
If story is interesting, i can stand linear game
Rolled

Atmey wrote:

Been playing FFXIII in the last couple of days, I got into 12 hours or so, love it so far, I only have one complaint TOO LINEAR! You start the chapter from the beginning of the dungeon/area, chapter finishes you directly go next area (after a cut scene), shoping and upgrading in save points, there is no city or world map yet.
You do not jump into the overworld right away. You spend a lot of time early-game in Cocoon (i think) until eventually moving to some other big world thing with freedom to travel anywhere.

At least that's what I remember from a trailer I watched a week ago or so.

PS- I had a final fantasy 13 dream last night. My family hid my car keys and I proceeded to kick every one of their asses until they told me the location of them. After I was given the car keys, I then took a sled to gamestop.

That is all.
awp
I tried ghosting my helicopter into a hospital

but I missed it by like a foot
Ivalset
I got around to playing Just Cause 2, and despite how shitty it looks, it is actually quite fun. I might even buy it.

After I finish FFXIII.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Atmey wrote:

there is no city or world map yet.
There are no cities in this one, so don't hold your breath. And you don't get the "freeroaming" kind of sidequests until chapter 11 out of 14, I think. The only thing that is kind of bullshit about this is that the completely have you by the balls when it comes to character development. Your characters can only upgrade the roles the game lets you upgrade for most of them game and you can't even level up beyond some stupid limit they have until you progress in the game. It's such a dick move.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I'm wondering whether I should start putting up a poll every month to just see what releases people are looking forward to and stuff, but I'm not sure if I should do that. Maybe I should make a poll to see if I should make a poll.
rust45
Played Just Cause 2, freaking awesome. On the race mission I grappled the two planes together and tried launching off, it almost worked, but then I crashed.
Mr Gaddy
I've got German version of Borderlands. :| And i can't use addons what i have bought on my country's psn.
Ehh D:
Rolled
Vanille is mother fucking adorable, btw. Think she's legal?
awp
man I jumped a battered-to-shit motorbike off the side of a mountain, and the downward velocity was so great that when I landed I just went THROUGH the bike, causing it to explode and kill me

Just Cause 2 is a blast, both literally and figuratively.

Ghost-riding vehicles into one another sucks though. I was hoping to get launched. Didn't even fall off the roof of the car.
Ivalset

Rolled wrote:

Vanille is mother fucking adorable, btw. Think she's legal?
Vanille owns so hard

but you would like her, you pedophile
Rolled
Curious as to why Ival is not even on my friends list.

psn LeRolled fix it
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I took a look in Hope's Abilities and he does, in fact, lack the Ability to SHUT THE FUCK UP.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Why does this game have to come out during midterms? Fuckkkk. FF XIII is awesome so far. Is it okay my favorite charater so far isn't a main character?

<3lebreau
Rolled

yeahyeahyeahhh
Poor Ival
lukewarmholiday
bitch tears
lukewarmholiday

goty
show more