PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Ivalset wrote:

Seibei4211 wrote:

I know, man. Good shit. Moon of Mahaa whatever's pretty cool. Have you tried Evil Rosary yet? Pretty fun on Hard/Non-Stop. You should get the Saifung, dude. Fucking gunchucks, bro. They're kinda lame, but, you know, GUNCHUCKS.
Yeah, I tried the rosary out a bit and was surprised at how much damage it does for how easy it is to dodge.

For some reason I've been using the Onyx Roses on both arms and legs all the time now while going through hard. I didn't even use them on my first playthrough really. Damage isn't even all that stellar, but popping up next to an enemy in Witch Time, shotgunning them in the face, and watching them shoot into the air is way satisfying. And Kilgore is so OP I feel dirty using them.

I'll get the saifung today and see how they are.

And I'm getting Disgaea 3 today most likely. I know D3 is packed with replay value, but it's been so long since I've played an action game that was so much fucking fun.
Saifung's hella weak, but she does the Bruce Lee yell, so it's awesome. There's also, like, no combos for it. Have you tried doing the Kilgore Combo? THAT is ridiculous, but so funny.
awp

Skyripper wrote:

let's throw god into the sun
no don't

you will not get him back and monsters will level up

actually we don't really need him and Laharl is OP go ahead
LeafeonxLucario
Hi

PSN-Kurounlimited/Xiaounlimited

You can add both of them since I switch acc. when I play HSG:OOB (Kuro is a G2, Xiao is a G1) but I will be rarely on untill Dark Cloud 3 will be announced for the PS3 and will be released for it.

Also I only have Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds and Wangan Midnight (Think I spelled it wrong...) for my PS3
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I'll hit you up on the back nine, man. Fuckin' golf. YEAH!
rust45

LeafeonxLucario wrote:

PSN-Kurounlimited/Xiaounlimited
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/17894

Who, are, you?
Please tell me this is just a coincidence
LeafeonxLucario

rust45 wrote:

Who, are, you?
Please tell me this is just a coincidence
What do you mean?
And by "coincidence"? Did I know you before or something?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
"Xiaounlimited" isn't exactly a unique and rare name, rust. It must freak you out when you see two dudes named John.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

"Xiaounlimited" isn't exactly a unique and rare name, rust.
It's rare enough for me to have never seen it prior to Xiaounlimited's account creation.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I know Xiao isn't that unique, and unlimited's just a cool word, so I figure there's gotta be two people who want to put the two together.
DawnII
In Chinese it can mean small, so small unlimited?!?!!?!
lukewarmholiday
Valkyria Chronicles Chaper 7 mission

I have never

Ever

Felt so cheated in an SRPG in my life.

Jesus fucking christ. Spawns a godmode unit right up the ass of your units, and you just have to sit there as she walks right over them.
rust45

lukewarmholiday wrote:

I have never

Ever

Jesus fucking christ. Spawns a godmode unit right up the ass of your units, and you just have to sit there as she walks right over them.
I retreated all my units except for an engineer to hide behind the tank and spawned them at the base camp, she didn't touch them once.
Atmey
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ivalset
I picked up White Knight Chronicles a couple of days ago, chiming in to say it's pretty fun as well.

Story seems pretty awful, though. Typical Level-5 obvious cheesy cliche'd bullshit.
DawnII
White Knight or Star Ocean, I CAN'T DECIDE!
lukewarmholiday

rust45 wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

I have never

Ever

I retreated all my units except for an engineer to hide behind the tank and spawned them at the base camp, she didn't touch them once.
I bodyblocked selvaria with the eidelweiss. Got an A rank. My 3 lancers and an engineer never left the top trenches and my tank took out everyone who came with selvaria.

4 lancers, spawned one lancer at the lower left camp and had him wreck the walls then had him help take down the tank.
Ivalset

DawnII wrote:

White Knight or Star Ocean, I CAN'T DECIDE!
get both

White Knight's online is pretty cool and fun, but the single player experience seems a bit eh. I'll probably just rush past the main storyline and spend the rest of my days dicking around on online.
lukewarmholiday
If I had money id buy it and we could do stuffs.
Atmey

lukewarmholiday wrote:

rust45 wrote:

I bodyblocked selvaria with the eidelweiss. Got an A rank. My 3 lancers and an engineer never left the top trenches and my tank took out everyone who came with selvaria.

4 lancers, spawned one lancer at the lower left camp and had him wreck the walls then had him help take down the tank.
[/quote]
Machine gun hit rate with a Sniper range, she is insane, you'll get used to it soon.
And there something I never knew except on the chapter before the final: Lancers can headshot.

Hey Ivalset, add me on PSN: Atmey
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I'm seriously considering getting Star Ocean 4 now. I've got shit-all else to play right now until FFXIII comes out.
Atmey
I got Star Ocean for the 360. It was good, somewhat similar to the one PS2. I stopped playing because my xbox froze after about 4 hours of none saved gameplay. damn scarce saves. It doesn't even save when you change the disc. wtf is that?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
It doesn't have a save anytime feature? What kind o' BS is that? So the battle system is like SO3?
lukewarmholiday

Atmey wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Machine gun hit rate with a Sniper range, she is insane, you'll get used to it soon.
And there something I never knew except on the chapter before the final: Lancers can headshot.

Hey Ivalset, add me on PSN: Atmey
Lol I try to max out my tank acc as much as possible so I can headshot lancers with anti armor rounds. Haven't missed a shot yet since I got the 2x2 block 8-)
DawnII
The battle system is BETTER than SO3, and they added in the option of japanese dialogue. I don't think I can NOT buy it.
Ivalset

DawnII wrote:

and they added in the option of japanese dialogue. I don't think I can NOT buy it.
Look at this weeaboo
DawnII
Ivalset
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
man what the hell is Star Ocean 4 anyway

all I see is massive weeaboo fanservice
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
That voice acting makes me wanna cry and never stop.

I still don't understand why someone would make difficulties for an RPG. "Man, just got done doing a 100 hour playthrough of that game... TIME TO DO IT AGAIN, EXCEPT HARDER!"
Ivalset
Same reason people would make difficulties for any other game?

Challenge, obviously.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
That's what secret bosses are for. Or, like, you can just equip some shitty equipment.
Ivalset
awp
Difficulties in an RPG are okay so long as they don't make you unlock them. Given that the learning curve in RPGs tends to be much lower than in other games, someone who catches on quick is probably safe to step up the difficulty early on.
lukewarmholiday
well It seems Valkyria Chronicles doesnt seem to have any more bullshit hard missions.... OH FUCK WHAT WHY 2 BOSS STRENGTH TANKS. OH GODDAMNIT WHY DO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEIR UNITS RESPAWN AT THE END OF THE TURN.

SHJSALKJDHFKJAHFDKJHDSKJHSDKFJf.

I'm going to see if I can plant a lancer behind where the south tank spawns screw this.
lukewarmholiday
Ok, I can, Suddenly I hate life a whole lot less.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

awp wrote:

Difficulties in an RPG are okay so long as they don't make you unlock them. Given that the learning curve in RPGs tends to be much lower than in other games, someone who catches on quick is probably safe to step up the difficulty early on.
Yeah, it might be fine if you could just skip to the hardest one and get it over with, but there's two extra difficulties in SO4 and you have to unlock them both. 3 playthroughs minimum if you wanna beat the hardest.
Ivalset
Skip cutscenes. It's really not that bad. I beat Star Ocean 3 four times or so, everything goes by pretty quick once you skip all the dialogue and know what you're doing.

Maybe you're not hardcore enough?!
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I haven't even beaten SO3 once. I doubt I'm even a fifth of the way done. I think I left off around level 20 something. So yeah, I'm not hardcore with Star Ocean.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I hella just won this shirt from Penny Arcade.
Ivalset
Win me one next time
show more