forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
awp

rust45 wrote:

every time we died we would have to watch another cutscene
Games still do that? I thought they learned after the early PS2 era that it was unacceptable.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
They don't lets you skip cutscenes, which is just stupid. Especially when half the cutscenes in that demo were long and unnecessary. But I liked the gameplay and co-op and I don't suck and stuff, so I mostly liked it.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I waited from 11 to 12:30 last night to download the MAG beta thing just to finally find out that you can't even play it until the 4th. The servers are closed. Man, I was pissed.
awp
yaaay my brother bought Gunstar Heroes finally I can play multiplayer with someone
rust45
Has anyone here played the Fat Princess demo? The demo makes me want to shell out the 15 bucks for the full game but I'm gonna wait till after Christmas cause I still have some last minute shopping to do.

But the game is just awesome, the online matches are fast paced and don't lag and theres quite a good deal of strategy involved. The only problem is that some of your teammates can be retarded.
adam2046
Brother got Arkham Asylum on Christmas Eve.
I got Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 on Christmas.
My brother went out and bought Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed 2 and CoD 4.

...So there's a lot to get through. (And I still haven't finished Resistance 1 and 2)

Uncharted 2 has some fucking great level design.
Edit: Playing the tutorial level again after an action packed sequence, not so fun...
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, it starts out too slow. The whole sneaky section in the beginning seemed like a good idea until you got to the other 99% action part of the game.
Skyripper
yeah adam I reallllly loved uncharted 2 as well!
awp
God of War Collection for 20 bux ;D yay
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh my God. After playing a well designed game like Uncharted 2, Modern Warfare 2 is just the most broken-feeling game I've ever played. I'm playing on the second hardest diff. right now, which I thought would make it more fun and intense. But really, this game is just I Spy: The FPS. Pop out, try to figure out where the hell the instantaneous bullet-fire is coming from, go back around the corner, heal, pop out, attempt to shoot before you're killed, fail, retry. It doesn't help that the enemies spawn endlessly half the time. It's fun to beat a hard room and wipe out all the dudes. I dunno. Whatever. Thought the game would at least meet my low expectations. Spec Ops better be fun.
lukewarmholiday
They release at least one new main series title like every year, do you expect extreme polish?
awp
I would; being a cash cow isn't an acceptable substitute for poor performance.

Why are people still buying this shit if it's not even polished?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I honestly thought that 5 million units sold in 5 days meant the game couldn't have possibly sucked as much as I thought it would. Everything looks fine on video and everything, but it's just...not fun. I had no way of knowing. It's a pretty polished game as far as technical shit goes, but it's just not fun or exciting. I haven't died this much since Mirror's Edge. I've played plenty of unpolished, but FUN games. I guess this game is just too stuck up its own ass to feel like being fun.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran difficulty: beaten

Bayonetta: obtained

1,000 trophies: obtained
lukewarmholiday
Tell me if the Bayonetta lag is as bad as people say. Loading times I have no issues with.

Also MW2 is fine on your first runthrough, higher difficulties are more about luck and using foresight.
Rolled
Seibei you are doing it wrong.

Nobody bought mw2 for single player.
lukewarmholiday
But MW2's multiplayer is shit if you hold any remote FPS skill at all.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, I did MW2 wrong because I played Hardened first. I tried Vet first, but that was waaaay too hard at the time. I thought it'd be fun cause RE5 sure as hell was fun on Veteran. I got MW2 for the Spec Ops. The only way I'll touch MP is if the DLC map pack shit comes with trophies. And even then, I might just say fuck it.

As for Bayonetta, I haven't found a single, tiny bit of slowdown or lag yet. The loading times are there, and some are pretty stupid, like loading the start menu and stuff, but yeah, no lag so far. But I'm only up to chapter 5. I've been thorough, so it's been slow going.
awp

Rolled wrote:

Seibei you are doing it wrong.

Nobody bought mw2 for single player.
afaik the CoD games are only good in the single player campaign

at least that is the word I have heard from people whose taste in games I have respect for
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Maybe the first one, but I'm pretty sure people just play this sequel for the MP. Most of the people I know who have this game don't have a single trophy because they only play MP and that mode has no trophies. Rolled knows what I'm talking about.
Atmey

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Tell me if the Bayonetta lag is as bad as people say. Loading times I have no issues with.
Yeah, blue dragon was worse. no issues with gameplay yet (chp 3).
lukewarmholiday

Atmey wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Yeah, blue dragon was worse. no issues with gameplay yet (chp 3).
Well for one, the american release was supposed to be somewhat more tuned than the japanese PS3 release, and people said the noticeable slowdown doesn't hit untill late game like chapter 14. Although, most topics about the lag talk about how noticeable the difference between 30 and 60 fps is.(hardly any other than it looks a little more clean)

Also I finally got my PS3 and Valkyria Chronicles and MGS4.

Valkyria Chronicles is fun. Thankfully despite the turn based system, both sides units attack when they see someone running from cover to cover. Probably one of the farthest games you can be from turned based while still being turn based :V
Rolled
The only reason people talk down about call of duty online play is because it has such a very steep learning curve. It could be your first match ever and you could be matched up with the top player. Although I will say that if you enjoy running mindlessly around a map until you find an opponent, and have a long drawn out gun battle to the death, this game really won't be your thing. MW2 is a lot more reliant on strategy, knowing your terrain, out-predicting opponents, etc. Hence why it has such a big learning curve, because you don't pick up such techniques in one sitting.
lukewarmholiday

Rolled wrote:

very steep learning curve.
MW2 is a lot more reliant on strategy.

Bestelle
Alternative picture.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Doesn't that describe, like, any online FPS in existance?
lukewarmholiday

Seibei4211 wrote:

Doesn't that describe, like, any online FPS in existance?
Battlefield 2 kicked MW2's multiplayer 6 ways to sunday in terms of actual balance. Everyone I know now abuses the fuck out of kill streaks and they get a nuke every other day.

Any semblance on skill was ruined by perks and killstreaks.

Even worse is perks and killstreaks lend the game to be dominated by 2 players while everyone else struggles to keep an even KD.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I was talking about the part where it's like, "You don't know the map until you play it" and knowing it helps you win and stuff. But yeah, that stuff's pretty bullshit, too.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
if it was the SSB of army shooters wouldn't it at least be fun
adam2046
I got up to this part with a titan and shit tonnes of guys coming down an elevator in Batman.
This shit is stupidly hard, it feels like the worst designed fight they could have made.

* Fill room with baddies
* Put titan in room
* Make room so small that throwing a batarang and dodging a titan while fighting shit tonnes of goons becomes frustratingly hard
* Throw more baddies in
lukewarmholiday

awp wrote:

if it was the SSB of army shooters wouldn't it at least be fun
Yeah but it can also be annoying as fuck. It's fun in its own regard but don't think you're skilled because you can whore killstreak bonuses.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
adam2046
Yeah.
I'm gonna play CoD4 or something until I feel like trying that shit again.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
You just gotta chicken shit it, bro. Evade/counter like the wind and let that titan take them out until you can get on top of him and wipe out most of the opposition.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ok, I finally have a verdict on this PS3 Bayonetta slowdown nonsense. FINALLY beat the game today and there was exactly 1 spot that had a noticeable amount of slowdown. It's during a part where there's over a hundred moving platforms moving around at once, so, you know, it's understandable. You only have to fight 3 really weak dudes like that. There wasn't a damn bit of slowdown in Chapter XIV, so I don't know where that came from. I was able to get the Prologue to slow down a bit when I revisited it with some later weapons, but that was a fluke.
Atmey

Seibei4211 wrote:

Ok, I finally have a verdict on this PS3 Bayonetta slowdown nonsense. FINALLY beat the game today and there was exactly 1 spot that had a noticeable amount of slowdown. It's during a part where there's over a hundred moving platforms moving around at once, so, you know, it's understandable. You only have to fight 3 really weak dudes like that. There wasn't a damn bit of slowdown in Chapter XIV, so I don't know where that came from. I was able to get the Prologue to slow down a bit when I revisited it with some later weapons, but that was a fluke.
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.
Still the pause is irritating, especially when you want to skip a cutscene, but the loading to the pause+skip is longer than the cutscene itself. lol
I liked all the weapons, except the whip. I might have not unlocked them all. I liked katana+ice skating shoes.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, we probably only have half of the weapons. You get one for beating Normal/Hard/Hardest difficulty, one for completing 100 chapters, and 1 for beating the secret boss. The only one that's actually new, I'm assuming, is the one for beating 100 chapters. I want that weapon so bad. Unlocking all of the accessories and extra characters is gonna be a challenge though.

I feel the same way about that pause load time. It's not that big of a deal during normal gameplay, but I like to skip cutscenes a lot and it's annoying to have to wait to skip a cutscene. You always have to ask yourself which is faster: the cutscene or waiting to skip it?
Two_old

Rolled wrote:

The only reason people talk down about call of duty online play is because it has such a very steep learning curve. It could be your first match ever and you could be matched up with the top player. Although I will say that if you enjoy running mindlessly around a map until you find an opponent, and have a long drawn out gun battle to the death, this game really won't be your thing. MW2 is a lot more reliant on strategy, knowing your terrain, out-predicting opponents, etc. Hence why it has such a big learning curve, because you don't pick up such techniques in one sitting.
I can see modern warfare 2 being fun in a LAN environment, but overall the game is just not that fun. You've heard this from me before but the reason why it's not is because you literally die in 1 second in almost all circumstances. This leaves you with 2 choices to get kills and not die:

1. Camp
2. Run around the map in a learned path over and over again

The first choice is boring as hell, which isn't what a game should be. The second option a bot could do for you; also boring.

People want "long drawn out" gun battles to the death because that is action, and action = fun. Games should be fun.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
The only thing worse than MW2 is MAG. Holy crap, that was one of the most boring online FPS games I've ever played. Practically every game mode is secure/defend, which means if you're on the defending team, you practically win. When you die, and you will a thousand times if you're attacking, you get spawned what feels like miles away from where you need to be, so you have to run back and get killed again. Penny Arcade summed it up pretty well. Create character, run for five minutes, get killed by some guy you didn't even see. I'm surprised at how good the snipers are in that game considering how much the sniper rifles suck. There is little to no action in this "massive action game." I was hoping it'd be fun, too.
show more