forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I think if they had kept the game as Overstrike and not made it serious like it is now, it would have been better. This game's a little harder than I thought it'd be. Like their Normal mode is like most games' Hard mode. You just totally go down like a bitch. Maybe that's so people actually use Dalton's shield and Izzy's healing stuff. Anyway, I like that you get XP for stuff, skill trees are always cool, and being able to switch between characters is really handy so you can play as Naya, then switch to Izzy when someone goes down. Or like, you can have someone hold a sniper so you don't have to give up your shotgun or something. Doing the game by yourself would probably suck because the AI are a bunch of piddling dipshits, but I did half the demo by myself and that was fine. It's satisfying to use Naya's weapon and get a whole chain of dudes to explode. Because this is Insomniac Games we're talking about, I'm gonna have to give them the benefit of the doubt and buy the game.
Ivalset
Well, that sounds good enough for me. I'd been hearing a bunch of mixed things about it.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I dunno. It's one of those things that you gotta try it to decide for yourself. It's hard to tell someone whether it's good or not. Just depends on what you like in a game. It's not a game where you can just run through and blast everyone to shit. The one thing I didn't get to try in the demo was Fusion abilities. I know at least one of them lets you be invincible or something. They could prove interesting. Anyway, Naya's stealth is pretty awesome. You can go invisible, move around, shoot people while staying invisible, and once you get a skill point in it, you do extra damage while invisible. And you can keep reapplying invisibility for as long as you have Xenotech ammo or whatever it's called. Her weapon's really fun to use and Izzy's is pretty fun to use, too. I didn't try Dalton or Jacob, but I know what their abilities are.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Penny Arcade's giving away Steam codes for Precipice of Darkness 3. I think awp might be interested in that. Don't know how many codes they have to give away. I'd suggest getting Steam up and running and at the correct window and stuff, then generating the code and putting it in immediately. I got the code, then opened Steam up and stuff, and by the time I put the code in, it had already been redeemed or something. It also took me, like, 5 tries of putting the captcha code in for a code to actually generate. It's weird.

http://penny-arcade.com/static/rainslick-giveaway
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

Penny Arcade's giving away Steam codes for Precipice of Darkness 3. I think awp might be interested in that. Don't know how many codes they have to give away. I'd suggest getting Steam up and running and at the correct window and stuff, then generating the code and putting it in immediately. I got the code, then opened Steam up and stuff, and by the time I put the code in, it had already been redeemed or something. It also took me, like, 5 tries of putting the captcha code in for a code to actually generate. It's weird.

http://penny-arcade.com/static/rainslick-giveaway
I bought the game for a dollar when it went on sale at Jerry's behest. I don't think it has all the extra content, whatever that is, but I've got the core experience, which is good. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two and, while notably different, the third takes inspiration from Grandia - which, for those not in the know, was one of the best RPG experiences on the Juggernaut of RPGs, the Playstation
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
The extra content is mostly some skins, the best one being the gender swapping skins, but there's also a mini-prequel thing that bridges episodes 2 and 3, apparently. And it's just a linear thing that doesn't even have a world map and you just do 29 battles in a row or something.
H4xx0r_Soap
PSN:H4xx0r_Soap
Games:Tekken6,Tekken Revolution
CoD-BO,MW2
Unchartet 3
Warrios Orochi 3
Dead or Alive 5
Payday-The Heist
When Vikings Attack
Need for Speed -Most Wanted/The Run
The Fancy Pants Adventure
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I've been playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist lately. Probably one of the most satisfying stealth games I've played. That game just gives you so many options for how to deal with people. And the best part of that game is the feature where you can get seen, but as long as you kill that guy before he reacts, you're good.

I'll be picking up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix tomorrow. Been wanting to go back to the first one and I can finally do Chain of Memories.

Grasshopper announced their new game. Lily Begamo or something like that. All I know about it is you play as a female character and it looks Japanese as hell. The art style looks like faux 3D anime.

I also saw some footage of Guilty Gear Xrd. That shit's crazy. It's 3D models, but they move like they do in the 2D versions of the game. I don't even know how they got that to work. Usually when a game goes 3D, it kind of loses the 2D movement, but they somehow recreated that.
awp
Kingdom Hearts all day every day

lots of visual bugs I never noticed before, particularly in the TextureFace cutscenes (characters talking but mouths not moving). Either a bug of the remake or just too hard to notice back when it was STANDARD DEEEEEEE
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I've only just beaten Wonderland, but so far I haven't seen a single graphical bug that doesn't seem like it came from the original version. Compared to Deadlocked HD, this game's graphics are perfect. In fact, watch 20 seconds of this. Then you can be glad that Kingdom Hearts ONLY has the bugs that it has.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ok, in October on PS+, we're getting Kingdoms of Amalur and Shadow of the Colossus. If anyone hasn't played one of these, now's the time. Talk about a heavy hitting month.
awp
heard Amalur was mediocre, but SotC is an incredible game and as far as I know, one-of-a-kind
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Amalur is one of my favorite RPGs. It's good if you like action RPGs. It lasts a very long time, has pretty good and customizable combat, and almost never freezes or anything. So I'd rather play that than a Bethesda game with all its freezing and frame rate issues. I don't know where you heard that the game was mediocre, but that's a cynical viewpoint, because this game has a number of really good reviews. I guess this is a game where you have to decide for yourself instead of letting the reviews tell you, because it has a large range of reviews. A general score cannot be agreed upon. Anyway, the damn thing's gonna be free, so it's worth looking at.
awp
Free, or Free for PSN users?

I have somehow taken a liking to speedrunning Kingdom Hearts, which never occurred to me as a game to speedrun. My current objective is Final Rest under 4:30. Then 4, then 3:30. After that I'll be hard pressed to get to Final Rest in under 3 hours but it IS possible
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
PSN: JackTidus

Games I own in alphabetical order:

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PSN)
Catherine
Civilization Revolution
Condemned 2
Deus Ex Human Revulution
Devil May Cry 4
Enchanted Arms
Final Fantasy XIII
Front Mission Evolved
God of War 3
God of War Ghost of Sparta (PSN)
Grand Theft Auto IV
Gran Turismo 5
Heavenly Sword
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD Edition (PSN)
Metal Gear Solid 2 HD Edition (PSN)
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch
Skate
Sleeping Dogs Limited Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
Tomb Raider Underworld
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Virtua Tennis 3
WET

Right now I'm playing MGS4 on Hard for Fox, Hound and Fox Hound emblems. After that, I guess I'll try to get Big Boss emblem too. Can't wait for Phantom Pain.
awp

well
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

awp wrote:

Free, or Free for PSN users?
It's one of the PS+ free games this month. For some reason I thought you had PS+ still. I think at this point, I'm more surprised when people don't have that.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Fox Hound get. Now, I predict a great challenge while going for Big Boss.

Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh my God, I did all of those fucking Gummi Missions. I think I'd rather fight Sephiroth than do some of those again. They are so nerve-wracking.

Anyway, at first I thought your speedrun times were pretty good, and they are, and I was wondering how you did it so fast, but then I remember that I was doing my Speedster playthrough at the same time as my Unchanging Equipment playthrough. Having to use the Kingdom Key and no accessories blows. I'm pretty amazed at how fast a person can get through this game, because it really doesn't feel like something you'd call a 4 hour game.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

Anyway, at first I thought your speedrun times were pretty good, and they are, and I was wondering how you did it so fast, but then I remember that I was doing my Speedster playthrough at the same time as my Unchanging Equipment playthrough. Having to use the Kingdom Key and no accessories blows. I'm pretty amazed at how fast a person can get through this game, because it really doesn't feel like something you'd call a 4 hour game.
Kingdom Key is a HUGE gimp, especially in the End of the World.

There's a few things I still need to do for my speedrun. The 4 hour final rest was my first attempt. I'm not 100% sure if Halloween Town is optional or not; I read that you need to do either that or Atlantica and FUCK Atlantica. Gummi ships are a time sink if you don't upgrade your ship, which costs 500 Munny for the Sys level 1 upgrade (required for better engines) and a better engine. I think you can get a Flare gummi from a treasure chest but I don't know which one as of yet

Also, Disgaea D2 came out and is AMAZING and I'm not playing any other games ever for the forseeable future

hands down best Disgaea game it's just so perfect
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
You need to do a combination of two of either Halloween Town, Atlantica, or Monstro. So obviously everyone just picks Halloween Town and Monstro.
Quaraezha
I'm new to the PSN Community. Please treat me well.

My PSN ID is Quaraezha.

Hotline Miami is currently free for PS+ users.
Just bought The Walking Dead for VITA as well because of the PS+ Sale.
kirueggy
Is it okay if I necro this? If so then...

kirukashi - kinglets2000

I play cod ghosts 99.9% of the time though, be warned
Lemozade
PSN: Lemozadey

I play a lot of JRPGs, and RPGs, the occasional like battlefield or call of duty. I also love playstation all stars battle royale, lol