forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Piers is pretty cool. If anything, Chris is the annoying one in that campaign. Helena's really the only character that's as annoying as Helena.
Behon
For the record, Walking Dead is the only platinum I've ever got, and if you play the whole season through, you'll get the trophy with literally no extra effort. You literally can't miss any trophies as you progress through the story.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh my God, I fucking love Sly Cooper 4. To think that I almost postponed playing this game simply because Dead Space 3 came out on the same day. Frankly, I'm having more fun with Sly.
Mafiamaster
I recently (few days ago) started back up on Atelier Meruru. Hopefully I can keep the motivation to plat this like I did with the other two previous games. I'm "Totori" excited for Atelier Ayesha along with Hyperdimension Neptunia V next month! Especially V... mk2 was pretty good imo.
adam2046
After 110 hours, I'm done with Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 (and it's 6 hours of actual content). I've done everything in the game except the 3 online trophies and I now hate myself and this game.
...I don't know why I even bothered.
Mianki
Picked up my PS3 today and God of War 3 came with it, can't wait to start playing it~
So many PS3 games that I wanna play~
Plus_old_1
ID: plusblood

Playing: Catherine

Oredered BB: CSE from play asia but with economy airmail and I'm starting to worry because it just don't fucking arrives ヽ(*´▽`*)ノ

Also, planning to buy Tales of Graces and Xillia when it comes out but, I have no money now, and I need a hdd, priorities.
Nyukai
PSN: inyustisia
Actually I'm playing Alice: Madness Returns in Normal mode.
Well, look at my signature, there are my trophies.
Mianki
PSN: MrMianki
Playing God of War 3 and after that I'll play One Piece Pirate Warrirors and Infamous 2 'cuz I got for free~
awp
If anyone (this includes you Selphie) is up for playing RE6 I am still so down for that

love that game
Rey Fullbuster
is anyone play DUST 514?
deadbeat
i'll drop this here if anyone is interested
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/ ... 4-revealed
Plus_old_1
My BlazBlue: CSE just arrived, I SUCK at it lol
Mianki
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is coming to North America this fall.
And I bet it comes out in Europe around the same time, aww yeaaaah
awp
I was severely disappointed by the launch video (it looked like PS2 graphics) but if those stills are not pre-rendered then they've stepped up their game

don't know why they aren't putting KH2FM+ in there since it was the best one
Ivalset
Because it'll print money anyway and hype it up for when they do release it, to print even more money.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Maybe they'll pair KHII with Birth By Sleep or something. Or Re:coded... I'm already replaying KHII, but I'd play that shit a third time.
awp
I recently grabbed an English version of KH2FM+ but due to Xenosaga have yet to play it. If they are in fact bringing 2FM+HD to North America I'll wait for it then

kingdom hearts has fucking stupid acronyms, god DAMN
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I don't think KH2HD has been mentioned at all yet, but I bet it'll come eventually since they're releasing the other one in HD. But the fact that it hasn't been mentioned yet means we probably won't see it for ages. I'm still waiting for friggin' FFXHD. I really wanna use that game as an excuse to finally get 100% in that game. I got close on the PS2, but I lost steam when I was going for the stupid monster hunting crap. Never did beat Omega Mk 10 or whatever.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
After 8 years, I've finally gone and gotten 100% in Kingdom Hearts II. 100% Jiminy Journal and 100% Gummi Ship Treasures. I lost my original save data, so I had to start from scratch. Time to move onto Birth By Sleep. I suspect this shit isn't going to be quite as good, but whatever...
Ivalset
What, birth by sleep was godlike. Maybe not 100%'ing it though.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, I'm only borrowing it, so I probably won't 100% it or anything. Playing that game with a PSP friggin' sucks though. If there was a console version of Birth By Sleep, I'd be all for that. The Command Board always sucks though, even though it is technically useful for stuff.
awp

Ivalset wrote:

What, birth by sleep was godlike. Maybe not 100%'ing it though.
It was decent, but swapping between the three characters made the game feel short and kept interrupting character progression
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So I still haven't done much in BBS, but I have beaten Terra's first world. I've been playing on Proud mode, because I played on Normal in KHII and thought everything was too easy in that (except for Hades cup). Proud mode's making me learn this new system real quick-like. I like the game so far, I just wish it didn't hurt my hands so much to play on a PSP. By the way, Terra's voice actor is literally the worst ever. It's like someone recorded the voice actor as he was reading the script for the first time ever and he didn't know he was being recorded. Aqua's voice acting is only slightly better, but she's cool, so I can forgive it.
Ivalset
Actually, I think the only reason I liked BBS so much was because I liked Aqua a lot. So maybe it wasn't quite as godlike as I remember. I did really enjoy the Aqua section though!
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I liked controlling Aqua in the tutorial. Ventus looks like he could be fun to control, too. Terra's just the absolute worst though. It's annoying that this game doesn't seem to follow the rule of finishing moves interrupting enemies. It's seemingly random when an enemy will start getting interrupted by your attacks in this one.
Plus_old_1
I actually got bored of BBS pretty quickly.
foulcoon
Just skimmed and don't see any mention of Metal Gear Rising in the last few pages. I'm planning on picking that up today, been doing too much MMO gaming to check it out until now :)
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Plus wrote:

I actually got bored of BBS pretty quickly.
I'm starting to get a little tired of it already. It's hard to feel like I'm making much progress when you keep getting infinite copies of moves and spells.

foulcoon wrote:

Just skimmed and don't see any mention of Metal Gear Rising in the last few pages. I'm planning on picking that up today, been doing too much MMO gaming to check it out until now :)
I tried the demo and didn't like how simple the battle system was for a Platinum Games game, but I'll pick it up eventually. No dodge roll sucks though, but whatever. I also wanna get to DmC at some point.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Spec Ops: The Line, The Cave, Joe Danger 2, Disgaea 3 (for Vita) and Tekken 6 (for PSP/Vita) are free for PS+ members this month. I think Spec Ops is the only one coming out tomorrow though. I'm fucking excited about The Cave and Joe Danger 2 though. They're both games that I wanted, but didn't want to spend $15 on. Disgaea 3 will be cool for me whenever I finally get a Vita. Then I'll be able to try Disgaea out risk-free. Spec Ops is a boring game with a cool story (if you stick with it until the very end, that is). If you can, it's worth checking out for free.
awp
One month should be enough time to play through Disgaea 3's content as long as you don't have other obligations
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, I don't have a Vita. I'm just going to "purchase" the free thing so I'll have it when I do get a Vita. I've actually got a nice library of games for the Vita that I don't even have thanks to PS+. And when I do get around to finally playing Disgaea, I'm not sure how much of it I'll play. I just wanna give the tactical RPG world a shot. I've been thinking about getting that new Fire Emblem game, for instance, since people say it's great.
Ivalset
Fire Emblem: Awakening is pretty fantastic. Even has a casual mode for people who hate the permadeath gimmick. Though you'll of course have to suffer being branded a casual.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I don't even know what permadeath means in that game. I'd probably do that since I've never played an actual TRPG before.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

I don't even know what permadeath means in that game.
If a character dies, they're dead. For the rest of the game.

I never got into the Fire Emblem series. I played a bit of one of them for the GBA and it was mean as hell. They're vicious.

As far as SRPGs go, pretty sure the Disgaea series is the unrivalled best. They're all about having fun and they embrace the concept of a video game well.

Also, do you like Special Moves? Because the Disgaea series is definitely the best I've seen for over the top specials. You start off with your boring old three-hit combos and sword dash and slashes, but sooner or later you'll have a skill where you jump to the moon and punch the moon so hard that the moon rock fragments shattered free from the moon descend to the Earth and hit your enemies.

My favourite Disgaea series skill is at 0:36

Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I like special moves when they take a long time to unlock and then even then you can't use it whenever you want. Or like, you can use it, but it takes a long time to use it again. Or you can only use it in special conditions or something. I liked Golden Sun because it took a while to get the weapons that had awesome abilities on them, and then they only happened randomly. And the best summons took some time to set up in that game. Kingdom Hearts II has that incredibly slow-filling Drive Gauge so you can't over-use Drive Forms. If you start out as weak shit, then you build up to being a badass, that's cool.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Shotlock and Break Time. I've essentially won this game already. This is broken.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

If you start out as weak shit, then you build up to being a badass, that's cool.
Disgaea series is fantastic for this. Think of a Final Fantasy game but remove basically all the limits. Your Strength stat is capped, but it's capped at 40 million instead of like, 255 or 3000. And it's not artificially inflated. you start off with a STR of like 10 or 20, doing maybe 15 damage a hit, and you work your way up.

If you like being able to gradually build up your characters from a wimp to a titan, you might get a kick out of Disgaea's progression system.

But if you go to the Land of Carnage, be prepared to have your ass handed to you for using sloppy tactics, even if you're level 130,000
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Since Birth By Sleep's been boring me so much, I went ahead and looked for a fun-looking RPG to play until The Cave came out. I knew tri-Ace had made some Valkyrie Profile games, but I had never actually looked at the gameplay for any of them. Fucking shit, they look fun as the dickens. At least 1 and 2 do. Third one's a TRPG, but it still looks ok. Also, that one is only $3. That's a low enough risk for me. That can be my TRPG test to see if I even like the genre.

awp: Well, yeah, I knew that Disgaea went up to ridiculous numbers, but that's a little much. I thought it was too much when I found out that Tales went up to level 250 or whatever. And I don't really need high numbers for shit. Kingdom Hearts deals in 3 or 4 digit numbers. Max health was 120, I believe, for Sora in KH2. Sephiroth had 3,000 HP, the most of anyone in the game. Made stat changes feel more important.
adam2046
I'm playing through Valkyrie Profile right now on PSP. I'm a few chapters in, but the combat is boring at the start (basically just mashing your face on the buttons until you run out of attacks) and completing dungeons feels like a chore and I picked up an item early on that basically made the Capacity Points that you earn when you level up worthless since it gives a major boost to them (and then the game outright gave me another). The voice acting is pretty terrible for some characters too.

I'm hoping that the combat picks up when some better weapons and some actual skills unlock, but it honestly mostly just makes me want to play through Super Robot Taisen: OG Saga: Endless Frontier again.
show more