forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I could go through RE6 again. I haven't tried it since they did the new update. The game sounds a lot better with the improvements they added. And I could see how Ada's campaign is in co-op.

The Wallace DLC isn't out yet. They just put the trophy list up hecka early. I don't think there's a release date for it yet other than 2013.
awp
the original release date was Oct 2012 :<
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, but it got delayed until fall, and it's apparently been delayed again. I'm not even sure what possessed them to release DLC for a game that's two years old. I thought Rage was crazy for releasing DLC after a year.
awp
Disgaea 4 released DLC after it was a year or two old

some peeps are just cool about that kind of thing
Mogsy
So, I finally got reliable access to a PS3.

Some recommended games besides for Resonance of Fate would be appreciated (that, Nier, and Disgaea 4 are first on the to-buy list).
adam2046
Demon's Souls?
Ivalset
I'd get Dragon's Dogma if you can find it for relatively cheap. It's a fairly unpolished game but the gameplay manages to be extremely addictive. 8 of the 9 classes feel entirely different and fun to play (mage is just a less fun sorcerer with heals). You also get to ride griffins and hydras while stabbing them to death.
awp

Mogsworth wrote:

So, I finally got reliable access to a PS3.

Some recommended games besides for Resonance of Fate would be appreciated (that, Nier, and Disgaea 4 are first on the to-buy list).
You can get the first five God of War games in a single convenient package for probably like $40. All GoW games are pretty much the same but different environments/weapons but I enjoyed all five of them all the same.

Uncharted 1+2 also comes in a nice cost-effective pack
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
If RoF and Nier are at the top of your list, and they're at the top of my list, then you might like Kingdoms of Amalur since that is also at the top of my list.
Rey Fullbuster
Just ask: Is anyone is playing Playstation home?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I haven't been in Playstation Home since the month it got released to the public.
awp
I played PSHome when I first got my PS3, but haven't touched it since. It's kind of irrelevant

I don't think anyone uses it
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I remember being super excited for it to come out. Then when it did, all it had were a bunch of dudes harassing any female character. Anyone who wasn't was finding new words for Sony to censor.
Ivalset
Well, that does sound about right for the general gaming public.
adam2046
Does accidentally pressing the button everytime I try to enter the Playstation Store count?
adam2046
So I started playing Binary Domain yesterday and finished it today.
Surprisingly pretty good, still there's a laundry list of things I didn't like about it. The plot starts pretty good, but falls to pieces at the 3/4 mark, they give you a pretty good selection of team mates, but then completely remove 3 of them for the last quarter of the game, boss fights are pretty damn cool (partly because of their designs), but any close quarters boss fights end up with them stun locking you to the ground and killing you, the trust system could be a pretty cool concept, but it's poorly executed (and you can farm trust if you fight the infinite waves at a few section of the game), upgrading the AI's weapons has no noticeable effect on their effectiveness, the squad orders are rarely very useful(I hear voice control is also terrible), it's too short and feels like they didn't get enough time/money to make everything they wanted, terrible quicktime events, horrible chapter select feature (you start the level with no upgrades/trust/credits/nanomachines).

Almost all the problems are excused by the French robot party member, Cain (but he doesn't get enough lines...)
Basically it's a whole bunch of pretty good ideas witch poor execution, solid shooting that didn't really get boring and Cain.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I'm glad you did this post, because when I saw you playing, I wondered how that game was anyway. Is it a 3rd person, cover-based shooter with some squad-based stuff? I don't really know much about it.
Ivalset
Anarchy Reigns comes out tomorrow at $30. I have no idea how big the online community will be after it was fractured due to the 3mo delay, but whatever.

On a sidenote it has such a good soundtrack and the best title screen ever.

Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I wish you had mentioned that, like, a day or two ago. I forgot Anarchy Reigns was even coming out soon, let alone this week. I had no real intention of getting it for the longest fucking time. I always thought it was gonna be a MP-focused game with a shitty single player, but the trophy list is entirely single player. So the SP is probably boss like any other Platinum Games game. Speaking of the trophy list, have you seen the names for the trophies? Best trophy names ever. Anyway, yeah, I wish you had mentioned it earlier because now I can't pre-order it for Bayonetta. If it was any other pre-order bonus or any other character, I wouldn't even care that much. Oh well, whaddya gonna do? We should try some of that co-op mode.
adam2046

Seibei4211 wrote:

Is it a 3rd person, cover-based shooter with some squad-based stuff? I don't really know much about it.
Pretty much, you just don't have much control of the squad AI. They're mostly competent, but they will frequently walk directly in front of your line of fire, walk up to you when you're knocked out even if you don't ask for help or just stand around in the open when you use the regroup command.
Ivalset
I think the single player is still more of a tutorial for the multiplayer, and it's more focused on multiplayer in general. I'm not sure if the singleplayer is remarkable at all!

It's a really fun and chaotic game but it takes a little getting used to. The multiplayer is hella fun though.

And yeah, I fucked up and completely forgot to pre-order it myself. Hopefully it'll be released as dlc so I can pick her up later.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, Smash Bros Brawl is an MP-focused game, but the Subspace Emissary was cool. I thought Anarchy Reigns' SP was just going to be a series of fights against the other characters, but it's actually a campaign with a story and you do different stuff throughout the campaign. I'm not really interested in the MP aspect of it. I don't know how fun it'd be to get my ass handed to me by 15 random motherfuckers online. It'd probably be fun as hell in a room with some friends though, just like Smash Bros. I like that there's co-op in it, but I think you're gonna be the only person I know who gets this game.
adam2046
I was super hyped for Anarchy Reigns, until I found out there's no local MP. I'll probably still buy it since it's so cheap, but still... :(
Ivalset
I know a few people playing, so if you don't mind playing with some semi-random motherfuckers it might be a bit enjoyable!
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

adam2046 wrote:

I was super hyped for Anarchy Reigns, until I found out there's no local MP. I'll probably still buy it since it's so cheap, but still... :(
Hold on, seriously? Like, seriously? For once in my life, I was actually planning on using local MP. Wow. I didn't even think to check, because why wouldn't they have local MP?

Ival: If there are team modes, I'd be up for that. I just generally hate free-for-alls in any game, unless it's a 4-player free-for-all brawl like Smash Bros or Playstation Brawl. Do you have a mic though?
Ivalset
There are a lot of modes, and a lot of team modes. I do have a mic, yes.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ok, well I've got the game now. I also picked up Spec Ops while I was there, so I'll have to juggle between those two and Paper Mario. I wanna start trading shit in for Dead Space 3.
[MizuIroPettanKo]
hello! my psn id is Mizu-dere >.<
only played okami till this point, saving up money for the atelier series, catherine, and siren right now >.<
Cropzy
Wish i still had mine. It got the yellow light :(
787B
Hi there.
Someone has Resident Evil 6 here?
I'm kinda stuck in a specific part of the campaign of Sherry/Jake and I'd appreciate anyone who can do a co-op with me.
ID: Salmonefs
Thanks.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Stuck how? And on what difficulty?
787B
Pretty much lack of skill.
But well, I mostly have problems because of the ammo, I always notice that its pretty much on low all the time, which forces me to go on physical attacks, and that kills me, most of the time. Probably because it's the last chapter, where all nice and sweet creatures show up.
And it's on Normal.
Yeah I know I suck, but well, I'm actually just trying to beat all the campaign, I've never been that good in any Resident Evil.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, I've got infinite ammo if you just wanna get through it. If you didn't wanna do that, you could also replay a previous Jake chapter on Amateur to restock ammo and herbs and stuff to bring back to chapter 5. You'd have to finish the chapter you replayed if you did that to save the inventory though.
787B
Infinite Ammo?
I'd love to see that.
awp
I think you can unlock it via skill points. If you create an online game it also gives you the option to set Infinite Ammo there.

But really, that's killing it. Selphie and I have been doing just fine on Veteran without any hand holding. Are you doing SP or MP? Try hitting up a friend for MP if you can

I've been having a blast with it. So much better than RE5
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
You have to beat the game to unlock the ability to buy the skill points for that. The option you're referring to when you're creating a game simply allows Infinite Ammo to be used if you have the skill equipped. Infinite ammo costs a looot of skill points, especially if you wanna get all 8 of them. 70k-100k for each.
787B
I'm still impressed by your 85 platinum trophies, that's just amazing.
Well, I guess I'll just have to try better next time.
awp

Wolf wrote:

I'm still impressed by your 85 platinum trophies, that's just amazing.
Well, I guess I'll just have to try better next time.
buy the God of War collection (the one that's all 5 games, just to save some cash) and there's an easy 5 plats

Difficulty varies incredibly between games. I hear some games like Avatar have a plat you can get in just an hour or two, while the Disgaea games take upwards of 100+ hours each. I'm 200ish into Disgaea 4 and still not very close! But I've completed almost all the challenging trophies and the rest are grind uhhhhhhhh nevermind
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I've got a lot of Plats in easy games, and I've done 3 Collections, so that's 9 right there. I've also done a number of incredibly long, tedious, or difficult Platinums. It all balances out. By the way, I missed your message asking if I wanted to do RE6. I didn't see it for a few hours, and by then you were offline. Also, are you playing as Jake or Sherry?
Rey Fullbuster
has anyone went this website before?
show more