Total Posts
show more
awp
they just had a price cut of $50 again or are going to very soon
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

RemmyX25 wrote:

fuck you i want graces f. eventually i will get a ps3
I probably won't get around to playing that game for a little bit. I just recently spent 3 solid weeks playing Vesperia, so I'm not eager to spend another 3 weeks in a Tales game so soon.

Edit: I lied. I've got nothing to do until Max Payne 3 comes out, so I'm playing Graces now.
Tsukimi Luna
T.T
I am very tempted to get a PS3 just because of the atelier alchemist series
HysK-DifferenT
add me , ps3 so great ;D expect the money burning of ps3 T_T
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh my God, Max Payne 3 is the fucking worst. I've only done 3 levels out of 14 and I don't think I can bring myself to play another. It's just so fucking pointless. This game is great if you played Red Dead Redemption and thought "Hey, I really like this shooting mechanic. I want to do this for 8 hours straight with a thousand long cutscenes interrupting me every 3 minutes." And they put collectibles in this game, but basically force you to use a guide, because you don't get time to look. If you spend too long in one room, you will often get a game over for the dumbest reasons. Your game doesn't pause when you open the weapon wheel, and there's no other way to switch guns. And there's only four gun options, so I don't know why it wasn't just put on the D-Pad. You can't switch shoulders, you can't go around corners while staying in cover and you can't break out of cover by running around corners. It's a shooting game, but they give you finite health and they give you about the same amount of healing items as a Resident Evil game. And if you wanted to completely make the game pointless, you could turn on the snap aiming and breeze through every room. But if you don't, the aiming sucks so bad that you get shot up like a motherfucker.

And I already know this game's going to get some fantastic reviews, too. Crazy.
awp
There is a mix of good and bad in there. Finite health good, lack of shoulder switching bad. Lack of pause mid-combat good, inappropriate lack of hotkeys bad.

Didn't know that game came out though. Thought it wasn't due for a while.
Ivalset
The only thing I ever heard about Max Payne 3 before its release was about its multiplayer and how it had bullet time working in mp.

Maybe the multiplayer is infinitely better than the singleplayer?!

Probably not though.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I'm guessing the MP is gonna be about as good as it was in GTA IV or Red Dead. I'm not sure how they'd make it good cause you can't jump or climb in this game. A flat map sounds boring compared to something like Uncharted where you get to climb around during MP.

And awp, you can pause, just not while switching weapons. They do have this interesting, sorta useless thing where when you pause, you can move the camera around and the menu will go away until you stop moving the camera. So if you wanted, you could have really, really unpaused combat.

Oh, and there was this one part of a level where I had to do some precision shooting under time pressure with a laser sighted gun. That sounds nice, except the laser sight is fucking useless. You know how in RE4/RE5, when you're aiming at an enemy, you see a clear dot on them? None of that. As far as I was concerned, I had to aim slightly to the right of where I thought the bullets should've been going.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the biggest fucking annoyance in the game. After nearly every single fucking room, Max Payne or one of his stupid buddies will tell me to hurry up. If you spend more than two seconds in the room after killing everyone in there, he'll just tell himself how he doesn't have time to be dicking around. And there was one part where I had to run to the exit or something, so I sprinted, and my jackass friend was like, "You call that running?!" I didn't even know where to go either, so he bitched about my running another dozen times or something.
Nharox
Is Uncharted the only game which managed to include shoulder switching? It's one of the best things you can add to a 3rd person shooter.
adam2046
So I've been playing Yakuza: Dead Souls the last few days and it's not very good, the shooting mechanics are arse, there's a load screen every few seconds, you make 90% of your money selling anime figurines you picked up from zombies, AI partners require constant baby sitting, and yet I played over 20 hours of this and will most likely play more.
Rantai
So I just heard Hyperdimension Neptunia is making another sequel/alternate universe. With some delicious designs

Just yes please.
YodaSnipe
Rantai you son of a gun, you just know al the right buttons to press to get my gears in motion <3
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So I've played, like, 35 hours of Tales of Graces so far. It's ok. I'd rank it around Legendia or Symphonia 2. There are some parts about it that I really like though. I like how you can skip cutscenes, including those "conversation cutscenes" that aren't true cutscenes. I don't have to sit there and auto-skip tons of text. Sophie is fucking awesome, so there's that. I guess that's basically it. If they had just put those two things in Vesperia, that game would have been perfect. The battle system in this game is a little unnecessarily deep. Since there are a ton of titles for doing the same arte repeatedly, I just pick an arte and do it 800 times and it's been working so far. The only thing that really matters is using the correct arte (A or B) against an enemy that is weak/very weak to it. Or you could ignore that and kill it anyway. Also, you get way too many fucking titles in this game. I have to do a lot of grinding and I'm still nowhere near maxing out all of the skills. In Vesperia, they paced it a bit so you could actually learn the skills.

Edit: Oh yeah, Eleth Mixer. That thing is really cool. Cooking things during battles and making materials out of nothing is nice.
Ivalset
I'm pretty sure Pascal is the best.

But yeah, I dunno. Something about Graces f prevents me from really enjoying it, and I can't quite figure out what it is.
Dieathan

Rantai wrote:

So I just heard Hyperdimension Neptunia is making another sequel/alternate universe. With some delicious designs

Just yes please.
Known about this for a while but nice.
Also nice is that Keiji Inafune is getting another cameo in it as well.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Ivalset wrote:

I'm pretty sure Pascal is the best.

But yeah, I dunno. Something about Graces f prevents me from really enjoying it, and I can't quite figure out what it is.
Yeah, Pascal's pretty cool. I like Sophie better overall cause she's a cool character and party member, whereas Pascal isn't that great in battles. Her health is so stupid low and she's got no healing spells to make up for it. It's kind of crazy that Sophie gets high HP, high attack power, and has healing/revive spells.
Mafiamaster
I'm a little sad that I won't be able to get Atelier Meruru this Tuesday at my local gamestop... but that's fine!

I decided to pre-order from the site to get that barrel t-shirt instead.
Not sure why I haven't been pre-ordering from the site before... I'm stuck with just the standard HDN2 game =(

I might just get Dragon's Dogma too even though I don't know anything about it/haven't played the demo.
Ivalset
Just started watching a live stream of dragon's dogma at http://www.own3d.tv/live/33395/GyoruSPY

I'm seriously on the fence but the more I watch of it the better it looks. I'll probably end up getting it.
Dieathan
Might get Dragon's Dogma. I'm currently waiting for how well it does with reviews.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I take it back. I said Pascal was a bad party member. I've been going through the different characters to get their "Use X character in 100 battles" titles. Pascal has some fucking kickass A-Artes. She can pretty much hit shit from miles away. Her health's not much of an issue if you hit people from all the way across the screen. Hubert is also fucking awesome to play as. He's got some pretty ridiculous combos, and his dual pistols are nice. I'm starting to think Asbel's not the best person to control.

Edit: I played as Sophie finally. It should be illegal to be as fast and strong as she is. She's the most fun to play out of any of them.
Bestelle
Pascal can rack up the damage quite a bit if you use her B artes correctly. Granted I mostly use "Fangirl Dream".
Ivalset
Demo for Max Anarchy (Anarchy Reigns) came out on JP psn last night. Game is super fun and it's fully translated in English with an option in the menus. It's like a crazy brawler.

p.s. mathilda is the best
awp
hide your wife, hide your husband, there's a transformer in this game
Mafiamaster
So it finally came through the mail and I opened up the shipping box. I removed the bubble wrap and all I saw was the limited edition box with the game inside and I was like "where's the shirt?" I then proceeded to write an email to the company as to why it wasn't included. Before clicking the send button, I decided to remove the wrapping from the box and open it up. The shirt was inside there! A shirt fitted itself inside that box! What the heck!

I thought the barrel picture would be more realistic as it did on the site... but doesn't matter, got shirt.

YodaSnipe
^Sexy
Rantai
Still waiting....

Damn you USPS
awp
it's on like Donkey Kong
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One? That Lara Croft: Guardian of Light game that's supposed to be decent? Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, I guess? Not to mention good games like Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, and Sideway: New York. And inFamous 2, if you're into that sort of thing. Sony's finally made a good case for PS+. This is just the excuse I need to finally get it.

By the way, did they get rid of full game trials or am I just not finding any? They're under Exclusives...
adam2046
I'm not sure if I should subscribe to PS+ or just spend the money I'd use for it on games.
Misao
Misao - PSNID: SteffieSilva
o3o/ ?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

adam2046 wrote:

I'm not sure if I should subscribe to PS+ or just spend the money I'd use for it on games.
That's the mentality I had for the past two years, but now they've finally put up a bunch of quality games that instantly give me a profit over my $50. There's $300 worth of games on there for free. The R&C game I wanna get is $60. Any games I get after that is just a bonus. This isn't even including any discounts I'll get for games I wanna buy anyway. They've actually gotten better about discounting decent games, like Journey. Even if there's only one game on this list of 12 that you wanna play, but for some reason don't wanna play any others, then you've still got an entire year to make up the difference. So chances are you'd probably get other shit to make up for it. Actually, since you don't get a lot of games on day 1, there are probably a lot of older games that they'll put up for free that you might wanna get.
adam2046
The problem is my perceived value of digital games is lower than physical copies and is lowered even further since I am not actually purchasing the games.
Also it's the Australian PSN, which basically gets screwed over constantly.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh, right, I forgot you're Austrailian. That is a problem since the selection is different for each region. Like I think if I had the PAL selection, I'd be less excited because it doesn't have Ratchet. It does have Darksiders, Outland, and Renegade Ops though. But that's not quite as worth it. Anyway, I've had a bunch of extra money lately cause I haven't bought a game in a month since Tales of Graces is taking waaaaaaay too long.
Ivalset
Saints Row 2 is such a cool game.

That skeeball scene might be the greatest cutscene I've ever watched in a video game ever.
Dieathan

Ivalset wrote:

Saints Row 2 is such a cool game.
With you there. I really need to get The Third at some point.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ok, here's the stupidest thing about the PS3 now. Ratchet's a 14 gig download. I cleared up space so I could download that. Now I need to clear up 14 additional gigs just to install the damn thing. That makes no sense. I've only got a 40 gig PS3. I've deleted all of my game data and I'm still 2 gigs shy, which also makes no sense. I don't know how I'd have 9 gigs or whatever of save files.
Ivalset
Should probably look into getting a new hard drive; 40gb is extremely limited. I've heard the process is quite painless.

Mine's a 120gb slim so it's generally workable for me.
adam2046
I think I've got a 500GB jammed in my PS3. We also have Play TV, so a chunk of that's filled with random episodes of The Closer and The Mentalist.
Apparently the large size is the cause of the issues I get when playing the Gundemonium games.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
FUCK. MY. ASS. I had about 2 more gigs that I needed to free up, right? So I went through my save data and starting deleting everything that wasn't nailed down, basically. Any games I didn't own anymore, stuff I didn't need, like extra Fallout saves, stuff like that. I must've had about 500mb to go or something. Then I realized that I still had Playstation Home installed. It was over 3 gigs.

Anyway, yeah, I got my PS3 back in 2008 or something, so 40 gig was one of the only sizes and it cost quite a lot. I don't wanna drop the money on a new hard drive, because if I do, the next day my PS3 will die and I'll have to either fix it or get a new one anyway. And if I'm really lucky, I can just wait long enough and get a PS4. Although I doubt that'll happen.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

Ok, here's the stupidest thing about the PS3 now. Ratchet's a 14 gig download. I cleared up space so I could download that. Now I need to clear up 14 additional gigs just to install the damn thing. That makes no sense. I've only got a 40 gig PS3. I've deleted all of my game data and I'm still 2 gigs shy, which also makes no sense. I don't know how I'd have 9 gigs or whatever of save files.
don't forget the OS
show more