forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So, what, Heavy Rain wasn't a good game? That game was awesome and it is nothing but an interactive movie. So I guess Asura's Wrath isn't that creative, since it just took what Heavy Rain did, cut out the bullshit, and made the interactive sections more fun. How horrible.
Ivalset
Of course it wasn't a good game. It was a good movie.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
That's true. LA Noire and Phoenix Wright don't have great gameplay aspects, yet they're still great. God of War has good gameplay, but the cutscenes were more brutal than ridiculous. Bayonetta's the only game I can think of that has great gameplay and a lot of truly ridiculous cutscenes. The only thing that sucked about those cutscenes was the fact that there was a button press you had to do in a handful of cutscenes that would kill you if you missed it. They were random and stupid. At least in Asura's Wrath and God of War, you'd be stupid to not expect them.
Dieathan
Its not that I find the game bad (I was actually rather hyped when I watched the trailers). I just feel it would be justified for me to buy it when its cheaper since it can be finished within a weekend and there's not much replay value from what I hear. I mean, I live in Australia, prices for games can be ridiculous up to $89.99. Not to mention there's tons of other games I want to check out as well which recently came out. I'm still going to play it...just not at the moment.
Ivalset
Just call it bad. It's a movie.
Dieathan

Ivalset wrote:

Just call it bad. It's a movie.
Just wait for once I feel the price is good enough until I can give my final verdict.
Ivalset
It's going to take a while for it to fall to around/below movie ticket prices.
Dieathan
Once it reaches about $60.00 or so it should be fine. I've been meaning to get my hands on Catherine, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, Binary Domain and even The Last Story for Wii anyway.
-Athena-

Dieathan wrote:

I've been meaning to get my hands on Catherine
one of the reasons why i totally regret getting an xbox... the exclusives just don't match up
Dieathan

-A t H e N a- wrote:

one of the reasons why i totally regret getting an xbox... the exclusives just don't match up
What do you mean? I thought Catherine came out on Xbox 360. Is it the different box art?
Roddie
Well, the Killzone 3 multiplayer is going to be free on the Playstation Store and I'm definitely going to get it! Sure, there is going to be a certain level ranking limit but I'll deal with it. :D

Edit: Damn... I just found out that once you reach the ranking limit, you either have to pay or quit. It's kind of like a demo.... Well, this sucks. :/
YodaSnipe
oh cool thread /discovered it just now.
my ID is AvatarIsMyLife

games I own:
Record of Agarest War Zero LE
Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (HUGE improvement, highly recommend this)
Resonance of Fate (zomg awesome game)
Transformers War for Cybertron (best FPS ever CoD what? BF what?)
Dynasty Warriors 7
Metal Gear Solid 4

I should be getting my copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 LE in the mail soon! Super pumped for that!
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I never noticed this before, but awp's been updating his list of games on the first page.

Anyway, after a solid 18 days of nonstop playing, Kingdoms of Amalur is finally done. I'll probably never play a better western RPG than that, but that's not saying much. Also, for such a huge fucking game, it never froze once. And it never got old for me. I've moved onto Fear 2 cause I wanna see if it is, in fact, a scary game. So far, there's been too much boring FPS crap.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

I never noticed this before, but awp's been updating his list of games on the first page.
damn straight
YodaSnipe
Anyone here into JRPGs?
-Athena-

Dieathan wrote:

-A t H e N a- wrote:

What do you mean? I thought Catherine came out on Xbox 360. Is it the different box art?
Region locking... I'm stuck playing the Japanese version which I can't even find at where I live but I guess I used the word exclusive wrongly (box art is also a big factor though, runs~)
-Athena-

Seibei4211 wrote:

Anyway, after a solid 18 days of nonstop playing, Kingdoms of Amalur is finally done. I'll probably never play a better western RPG than that, but that's not saying much. Also, for such a huge fucking game, it never froze once. And it never got old for me. I've moved onto Fear 2 cause I wanna see if it is, in fact, a scary game. So far, there's been too much boring FPS crap.
I got the game, exams are keeping me from it though orz... And I like jrpg's yoda ( I like all sorts of RPGs in general) edit: I didn't realize I double posted sorry D:
YodaSnipe
drop some names yo, what kinda jrpgs u played before?
-Athena-
A lot of FF, grandia, some Zelda, resonance of fate, castlevania, golden sun all randomly popped up. Kill me for not havin played persona or dragon quest yet( I think we're going a little of topic XD)
YodaSnipe
FF and resonance of fate!!! persona is awesome. Zelda is not an rpg
DawnII

Seibei4211 wrote:

Word, I should join the party.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

YodaSnipe wrote:

Anyone here into JRPGs?
Talk to Mafiamaster and Ivalset. But I think most of the people who frequent this thread play at least some JRPGs.
Rantai
Speaking of JRPG's my MK-2 is being shipped to me this very minute.

Uni? I don't even care right now.
Ivalset

Seibei4211 wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

Anyone here into JRPGs?
Talk to Mafiamaster and Ivalset. But I think most of the people who frequent this thread play at least some JRPGs.
Let me just state that my anime tolerance is not very high.

I can't play something like Ar Tonelico 3 or any hyperdimension neptunia games.

Games I enjoyed that are either JRPGs or similar enough in gameplay
Atelier Rorona/Totori
Resonance of Fate
White Knight Chronicles 2 (online component)
Final Fantasy 8, 9, 13/13-2

Star Ocean 3
Breath of Fire 3/4/5
Shadow Hearts series
Dark Cloud series
Dragon Quest 8/9
Mana Khemia
Persona 3/4
Ar Tonelico 2
Grandia 1/2/3/Xtreme
Eternal Poison
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Soul Nomad and the World Eaters
Odin Sphere
Valkyrie Profile 1/2
Hexyz Force
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 1/2

I've played a lot more snes/psx era games but my sense of nostalgia isn't strong enough for me to care about most of them.
YodaSnipe
Hey man, anime isn't for everyone, personally I'm a HUGE fan of the Ar Tonelico series, and to quote Rantai, my MK2 is being shipped now too! college wut nao?

I think FF13 was ok cool story, and looks pretty wasn't all that though. FF13-2 on the other hand is one of my favourite games in my inventory, same with Resonance of Fate damn that game is just so awesome.

I never played any of the star ocean series, but i thought that was more anime style? same with persona or at least that's how it felt to me when I played p3.
Ivalset
Star Ocean 3 isn't anime enough to bother me, neither is Persona 3/4. If a game is difficult enough and/or enjoyable enough I can overlook a lot of things.

I think I liked 13 more than I liked 13-2, even though 13 was certainly a flawed game. 13-2 is also criminally short; it's hard for me to justify the purchase of a game that lasts less than 30 hours, especially considering my wkc2 save file has recently surpassed 2000 hours.
YodaSnipe

Ivalset wrote:

especially considering my wkc2 save file has recently surpassed 2000 hours.
w-wow.... i don't even... wow is it that good? I've not played it, it didn't seem that good but then again looks can be deceiving amiright?
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Did you play any Tales games, Ival?

Also, Ival and I are big Resonance of Fate fans, Yoda.
-Athena-
My record time spent on a game other than maple story and osu! Is 2000 hours on FFX (international) lol
YodaSnipe
jesus you people and your 2000+ only game I've got 2000+ is osu XD

ummm aren't like all the tales games on other systems not ps3? and if for ps3 JP only? ie. I've not played any
-Athena-
Anyone played dark souls or demon souls? (starts drooling uncontollably)
YodaSnipe
my close friend is completely addicted to those two games
-Athena-
osu! Cured my addiction to dark souls... And demon souls is ps3 exclusive FFFFFUUUUU
YodaSnipe

-A t H e N a- wrote:

osu! Cured my addiction to dark souls... And demon souls is ps3 exclusive FFFFFUUUUU
osu is great, and so what if it's ps3 excl.
-Athena-

YodaSnipe wrote:

-A t H e N a- wrote:

osu is great, and so what if it's ps3 excl.
It mean I don't get to play it since I don't have one D:
YodaSnipe
and you're chilling in the ps3 club? xD
Ivalset

YodaSnipe wrote:

w-wow.... i don't even... wow is it that good? I've not played it, it didn't seem that good but then again looks can be deceiving amiright?
No, not really, it's another heavily flawed game. It's very focused on grind.

Seibei4211 wrote:

Did you play any Tales games, Ival?

Also, Ival and I are big Resonance of Fate fans, Yoda.
Abyss, Symphonia, and a little bit of some others.

Oh, fuck, I just realized Tales of Graces F comes out in like two weeks. Fuck.
-Athena-

YodaSnipe wrote:

and you're chilling in the ps3 club? xD
I like the ps3, hope you have no problems with that D:
YodaSnipe
I heard somewhere that the ps3 release of graces F was coming to NA (ie. TLed) is this true or just a rumour? Just so you know Ivalset, I realllllly enjoy grinding, don't know why don't really care, but I love it XD]

and nope np with it :D
Ivalset
Yeah, the NA release is what's due out on March 13th.

Not sure if I'll get it immediately, I will likely be consumed by Mass Effect 3 for a while.
show more