PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
[2EZ]Codyk

(will add list of games later)
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh yeah, that Deckers part was awesome. I like how you get that tank afterwards, and the buster cannon.
FelixCross
PSN Gamercards

If we can match games I'm down for anything.
Just say you're from Osu! so I know what's up.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Ok, I tried playing some Deus Ex today. I didn't get very far though. I kept getting bored and taking breaks and at one point I even took a nap because of how bored I was. That game makes it seem like you have a choice between using stealth or going in guns a-blazing. But you don't. Because you get a ridiculous amount of XP for doing stealth and you get piddly shit for just shooting them. And when you start an alarm, the game makes you feel like you fucked up. If they want this game to be so stealth-based though, they could've at least made the stealth fun.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

If they want this game to be so stealth-based though,
I heard they don't because boss fights
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
That's part of the reason why the game's so annoying though. They really, really, really want you to use stealth, but then they have boss fights which basically prohibit that, so it makes no sense.

Edit: Oh, another reason I know they want you to use stealth is that your health regeneration is pathetically slow and you can barely take any damage even on Easy. Also, the controls are permanently configured for a stealth game as opposed to a shooting game (L1 is cover and R3 is zoom).
awp
Cover-based shooters and regenerating health can take a boot to the ass anyway
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So I think my problem with Saints Row 2 initially was the fact that I tried to jump into that right after beating SR3. But I'm revisiting that game now. That jumping on cars trick is bloody awesome. It's kind of weird how you have to do the activities to get the bonuses in this.
787B
'O Hai I'm late. Sorry ;w;

PSN ID: Salmonefs

Games:
Dark Souls
Mass Effect 2
Heavy Rain (my favorite)
FIFA 10
GRID
Gran Turismo 5
Call of Duty Black Ops
Little Big Planet
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2
Portal 2
Modnation Racers
God of War: Collection
God of War 3
Street Fighter IV
Resistance: Fall of Man (very old but classic)
DC Universe Online

Almost on the limit of friends I can add but will appreciate requests~
Mafiamaster
Arghhh, my dorm neighbor's internet went down and I've been stuck without it for a week and a half now. Probably should have gotten my own a month ago. (Cafe is my internet for now)

Almost platinum'd Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. Just need to catch 2000 fish for it...
First Rune Factory game I've played.
Great game, saw Skyripper playing it so I decided to get it.

Also got No More Heroes: Hero's Paradise. I saw some girl licking a bat on the cover of the case and I knew I had to get it.
At first, I fell asleep an hour in because it got really boring but then it started becoming fun as I progressed through the game. The handling on the motorcycle driven is really wonky. I don't know if that's just how it is but there's a 1 second delay before it starts turning. That's one thing I don't like about the game not to mention the minute wait to save. Overall though, it's decent.

I'm probably gonna buy Saints Row 3 just because.

Waiting for FFXIII-2 'til then.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, I wanna get Rune Factory. How's the combat in that anyway? It looked kind of Kingdom Hearts-esque.

Who's getting FFXIII-2 anyway? I'm still not sure if I should. I got the Plat in the last game, but I didn't really like it. And the fact that they're doing that stupid monster party member thing like in Tales of Symphonia 2 isn't helping to convince me to buy it.
awp
It's a numerical Final Fantasy game, so I'll likely play through it eventually.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
It's kind of crap that they made a sequel, and then made sure that you didn't get to keep any of the party members from the original. So you're stuck with Serah and a dude wearing poofy, purple pants. Not to mention everything's so wildly different that it's hard to call it a sequel. Definitely feels like a spin-off.
awp
from what I've seen the battle system is almost identical
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, that's the only thing that's keeping me from thinking this should just be FFXV. But you've got towns again, you can replay parts of the story, I guess, you've got the Pokemon crap, you've got a new battle encounter system, branching dialogue trees, summons work differently, and there are quicktime events in battles now. The only thing that's the same as FFXIII is paradigms.
Ivalset
Paradigms were kind of a big deal though.

If I had to use a completely imaginary weighted system I'd probably say paradigms were about 85% of the battle system.
awp
the other 15% was YOU AFRAID OF OL' SAZH?
Ivalset
Goddamn, that head bobbing.

Fuck, I just realized how shitty FFXIII-2 is going to be without that.

I hope Serah's provoke is good enough.
awp
haha no, that ain't happenin. I think Sazh is still in the game, but he's not playable, so we're stuck with a bunch of faggots for party members
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
A bunch? I think there's only the two permanent party members. I think you get to play as Lightning temporarily and I don't know if Sazh is playable, but I think he's DLC anyway. And I think you can play as some NORA members or something?
DawnII
I'm guessing Serah and futurefag as permanent party with some Lightning playability. Guest characters will show up but they will be autonomous, like the NORA members were in the beginning of XIII (or were they, so fucking long since I touched that game). Snowfag (omg I needed moar party in da back) and Hope (I like to think I outgrew my androgyny) will be some such characters. Whatever, as long as I can use a malboro and breathe on bitches I will be satisfied.
Ivalset
I want one of those annoying ass jurassic bird dinosaur things that stun the fuck out of you on my side.
Larousse_old
ID: Telepyrokinesis

Games:
Battlefield 3
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Gran Turismo 5
Test Drive Unlimited 2
GTA4 (episodes of liberty city)
Demon's Souls (I WANT DARK SOULS NOW)

Talking about this, I made this video. I Really need to fix it and I have no idea how to... I posted it in 3 forums and asked lot of people but they just don't know how to fix it...

Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Fuck, guys. Fuck. Resident Evil 6. November 20th. Screw this Operation Raccoon City buuullshit coming out soon. All of a sudden November 20th is all that matters. Every game in between has vanished from my horizon and it's all about RE6.
awp
RE5 was actually a bit disappointing though, don't you think? I mean, that doesn't mean RE6 won't be any good, and won't be better, but I find anticipation for it challenging.

In other words I have acquired and been playing Shadow of the Colossus in 3D. I appreciate the 3D aspect of it but dammit why is every friggin' HD remake done so poorly
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
It would have been nearly impossible for me to have been disappointed with RE5. I didn't play any other RE game and I wasn't even looking forward to RE5. I only got it because Rolled convinced me to get it and I only played it in co-op with him on Veteran during my first playthrough. That was the best way to experience that game for me. If I was waiting for that game and though RE4 was the greatest thing ever, then played RE5 by myself, regardless of difficulty, it would've sucked. Now see, after I had such a great time with RE5, I played RE4 because of all the hype, and I didn't like it even half as much as RE5, so that disappointed me.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

It would have been nearly impossible for me to have been disappointed with RE5. I didn't play any other RE game
ah, I see

Yeah, I had a much better time with RE4 than RE5, myself. I wouldn't group it in with the other games, though.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Also, watch the trailer. It's pretty exciting, especially when Leon does this awesome in-gameplay move near the end. I can't say I'm excited by the apparent extra focus on cover-based shooting though.
Ivalset
Dude, november 20th is a long way away. Can you stay hype that long?

In much sooner news, SSX is out next month.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
All I said was that it's the only game I care about right now. The other games that I'm excited about don't even have specific release dates, so I can't get excited by them until they do. I guess Asura's Wrath will be pretty cool. Syndicate could be fun. But for the most part, I'm not really excited about any games coming out for a while.
ampzz
Resident Evil 6 has Leon S. Kennedy, nothing else matters even if the game itself turns out to be shit by my books.

On an unrelated to Resident Evil note, FFXIII-2 demo was atrocious to play...
Asura's Wrath on the other hand was highly enjoyable.

Can't wait until my motivation to play the PlayStation 3 more comes from my new television set as I will be setting out to do a rather long list of titles to purchase and play to catch up on a few missed years of everything that has been awesome including finally playing MGS4 for example.

N.B. SSX will be worth every single cent spent.
Ivalset
Eh, FFXIII-2 demo was fine for me. Definitely something I'll pick up eventually.
ampzz
At least FFX-2 was a completely different style which worked out completely fine and made it unique.

FFXII-2 feels like a copy paste with a few added bits which just screams that the content was originally planned for the original version but axed so they could quickly send the game out to make revenue.

The only thing I don't particularly mind is the random encounters of enemies without knowing who they will be in comparison to 13's styling.

Needless to say I will still probably (like 13)) play it and not finish it with it assisting in dust absorption.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, Asura's Wrath was pretty awesome. I think they were assholes about how they ended the Chapter 11 demo though. That game isn't even really a game though. It's like a movie where you occasionally press buttons, but it's awesome.

The FFXIII-2 demo was one of the few demos I've played where I couldn't even finish it because of how boring it was. And I've beaten that fucking hour-long Darksiders demo before. I got to the point in there where you have to choose to go for the boss or find some switch or some bullshit. I fucking hated the random encounters though. I really liked how it was in FFXIII. I could always see them and I could always ignore them if I wanted to. If they're going to force you into a random encounter, just fucking put me into the encounter instantly instead of wasting a few seconds trying to hit the stupid enemy. Although now that I know more about the monster thing, I do think it's pretty cool how each monster is a certain role (commando, ravager, etc).
Ivalset

Seibei4211 wrote:

Although now that I know more about the monster thing, I do think it's pretty cool how each monster is a certain role (commando, ravager, etc).
This is the thing that excites me the most about 13-2.
Dieathan
Man, so many games coming out this February.
Binary Domain, Asura's Wrath, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2. When did February become November number 2?
Rantai
Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk-2 too

:D
Mafiamaster

Rantai wrote:

Looking forward to this :3
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, I played Bodycount. I had fun with that demo, but the game doesn't hold up as well. Really fucking short, too. 17 levels and I beat it in a day. The stupid Target enemies are bullshit, too. One of those guys can go completely invincible for way too long and you can't tell when they're not invincible anymore unless you shoot at them, which is dangerous since they have rocket launchers. Also, it's so hard to tell when you're almost gonna die in that game. Being slightly damaged looks just like being almost dead. Anyway, Red Faction: Armageddon's next.
Dieathan

Mafiamaster wrote:

Rantai wrote:

Looking forward to this :3
Same here. First one was okay, though.
show more