forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Are you really already at the final boss? When did you get the game? I thought it'd take a while since the game's supposed to be hard and stuff.
awp
Those PS2 games I mentioned in some other thread are only 10 dollars a piece. Got Odin Sphere.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I'm gonna get God Hand. I always planned to play that back in the day, but never did.
awp
It's fun as hell but iirc also really tough
Ivalset
Atelier Totori is the best goddamn jrpg I've ever played in my goddamn life.

Sidenote: It's not really difficult but if you want difficulty in your games thankfully Dark Souls is out anyway!
Mianki
Don't own a PS3 but this is just an amazing ad.

ampzz
That is actually amazing, I'm surprised that they were that imaginative with creating this advertisement especially with all the reference materials available.
Nharox
Not even one month left until Uncharted 3. I'm so hyped.
Atmey

Seibei4211 wrote:

Are you really already at the final boss? When did you get the game? I thought it'd take a while since the game's supposed to be hard and stuff.
I just beat it yesterday, he was the final boss as I thought. I had more than 6 hours to play daily, plus I got it a little earlier. It is hard, but awesome :D

Playing it again as a Magician.
Behon
So is the main reason people hate FF13 because of its' extreme linearity? Going down straight paths with the occasional item or enemy is getting repetitive, but I like just about everything else about it so far (barring Vanille).
Pokebis
People hate it because they think improvements are bad. All the game did was get rid of the illusion FF was a linear series. It made things simpler and cut a lot of bullshit.

The part I didn't like was the fights get tediously long later in the game.
Ivalset

Pokebis wrote:

People hate it because they think improvements are bad. All the game did was get rid of the illusion FF was a linear series. It made things simpler and cut a lot of bullshit.

They only get long if you're bad.

FF13 is a good, flawed game.
Pokebis

Ivalset wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

They only get long if you're bad.

FF13 is a good, flawed game.
I told you already; >1 minute is too long for random battles.
Bestelle
I honestly can't play FF games anymore without punching things. Not because of battles, but because I can't tolerate the characters at all.
Ivalset

Pokebis wrote:

I told you already; >1 minute is too long for random battles.
You're bad
awp
FF13 had a terrible story and character backstories/histories/motivations that only seemed half-genuine. It's just, not very well-written, so it's hard to get absorbed into what's going on. The pacing and the rate in which they introduced new elements was good for the first 10 hours or so, but the 10-30 hour mark it dragged far too much, and after that it was kind of alright to the end.

Played Shadows of the Colossus in 3D the other day. As far as HD remakes go, this one's just as lazy - if not lazier - than other HD remakes, with negligible graphical improvements, framerate dips, and 3d-rendering errors in some areas. Still kind of cool, but shit, what a lazy remake.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
God damn, guys. Arkham City is better than Arkham Asylum in every single way. It's crazy.
Rolled

awp wrote:

FF13 had a terrible story and character backstories/histories/motivations that only seemed half-genuine. It's just, not very well-written, so it's hard to get absorbed into what's going on.
I still have a screenshot of Ivalset admitting to crying when Sazh's kid gets frozen, or whatever.
Pokebis
Leak it.
Ivalset
That's not true at all, I never gave two shits about that kid.
Pokebis
I'm more inclined to believe Rolled, crybaby.
Nharox

+ IGN gave the game a 10. 8-)
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Oh shit, it's really almost time for Uncharted 3. I've been so busy with Batman that it sort of snuck up on me.
ampzz

Rolled wrote:

awp wrote:

FF13 had a terrible story and character backstories/histories/motivations that only seemed half-genuine. It's just, not very well-written, so it's hard to get absorbed into what's going on.
I highly disliked how, up until you're about to finish the game, you get zero choice of preferred party.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

ampzz wrote:

I highly disliked how, up until you're about to finish the game, you get zero choice of preferred party.
Yeah, that did suck. I had the same problem with Eternal Sonata. RPGs need to stop doing that.
awp
Final Fantasy 1 didn't do that
awp
Oh Seibei is Arkham City as much of a Grate Murder Simulator as Asylum was? That's one of the best parts. Murdering grates.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

awp wrote:

Oh Seibei is Arkham City as much of a Grate Murder Simulator as Asylum was? That's one of the best parts. Murdering grates.
I'm not totally sure what you mean, so I'll answer a couple interpretations of that question. You don't rip off as many vent covers in this game in general. I also didn't do that many grate takedowns partly because it's not silent and mostly because there are sooo many ways to take people down now. I tend to knock people around with the shock gun if they're wearing armor. I know that there's such a thing as a Vent Takedown now where you just bust out through a vent cover though.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I started playing Odin Sphere today and wow, this game is pretty slick. Pretty damn fun, too. I'm surprised. I thought the whole planting during battle thing would be weird to do, but it's really not.
ampzz
It's a sad day for me now.
My old PlayStation 3 just died. :'(
FisHie_old
RIP. There are 2 PS3s in my house but I can't play with either of them.---------------
Rantai
Now that is just mean.
FisHie_old
It is.. :c
Ivalset

Seibei4211 wrote:

I started playing Odin Sphere today and wow, this game is pretty slick. Pretty damn fun, too. I'm surprised. I thought the whole planting during battle thing would be weird to do, but it's really not.
Odin Sphere is just incredible. The atmosphere and shit is just unreal, as gay as that sounds.

The real problem with the game is you'll probably get burned out once you hit the 3rd character's storyline, because you end up fighting most of the same bosses and visiting most of the same areas, though in different orders. I'm telling you this ahead of time so it's not a surprise, and so that you power through it, because the 4th and 5th characters are fucking awesome to play as and the ending of the game is incredible as well. Take a break if you need to if the repetition hits, but just make sure you end up finishing it at some point.

Honestly it's not even that bad of a repetition, because each character plays quite differently.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I'm gonna have to take a break once Zelda comes out anyway. I just hope I can figure this game out quick enough so I can actually make it to the 4th/5th characters. In the first and second chapter, I thought I was doing pretty good, but then once I got to that ice mountain shit, I was getting raped a lot and had to use a lot of healing items.
Mafiamaster
Odin's Sphere is hard as heck! Can't even get past Velvet with Gwendolyn on Normal.
Doesn't look like just hacking and slashing works either...
I stopped playing that game afterwards, too many game overs. D:

Crescent Pale Mist is pretty bad too imo. Or maybe I'm just that bad.
Either way it's still pretty bad. $6 bad.

Wishing my PS3 will get to my house sooner so I can start playing again. >_>
Finally some Arcana Heart 3 with decent internet!
Ivalset
protips with gwendolyn: dive stab all day.

Also, we should arcana heart 3 sometime mafiamaster, so you can body me in yet another fighting game.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Well, I try to use Dive Stab for bosses, but I'm usually bad at aiming, even if the boss is the size of a house. She has so much horizontal thrust. It doesn't do enough damage for my liking anyway. This game wouldn't be so hard if I wasn't always fucking around with plants and seeds. When I actually use Psypher attacks and absorb the phozons instead of using them to grow plants, it's easier.

By the way, the graphics in this game are just so fucking awesome. I keep staring at the animations and stuff cause they're so well-done. It's so smooth and great. It's not even in HD and it still looks better than a lot of current-gen HD stuff.

Anyway, almost done with Gwen.
Mafiamaster
I'd probably enjoy the PS2 games a lot more if it didn't sign me out of PSN.

Ivalset wrote:

so you can body me
Oh yeah, definitely!
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Good grief, Mercedes is really cheap. I hope she continues to be this easy to use. Although I really hate how long it takes her to open her inventory/eat food/pick up items. Cornelius was so fast with all of that. Also, I had such a hard time figuring out what the hell was up with her chest area. I didn't notice that she was wearing a shirt since it's so similar to her skin color. Anyway, can't fucking wait for Oswald.
show more