1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Skinning
show more
posted
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
posted
Been taking a break from Osu! due to school and stuff, finally found some time to play again. So back to work I go on this theme.

Harris73 wrote:

The HP bar is especially weird. Can't we get something else there?
I agree with you, the problem being I have no idea what to use for the bar. >_<;

...

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to turn this theme into a Project Diva thing, since the game's finally out. Going to work on revamping the sucker and turning it into "Project Osu!" I suppose. ;D I'll keep some elements, but once again this theme's going under a huge revamp.
posted
Sorry for double post, but just making sure that people note it's updated. :3 Screenshots in the top post.

And I'll repeat my question here so to make sure it's not lost in the mass of images:

What's the file name for "Auto Pilot"? I have an image ready for it, but it's obviously not the correct filename since it doesn't show up.

edit: oh and any ideas for the spinner are appreciated. The only thing I can think to link it to PJD-wise is Chance Time, but it doesn't really work well.

Also, CtB will be skinned, I'm just too lazeh right now. It'll be falling PSP button thingys and Miku will catch them. =3=

double edit: whoops, realized I forgot to record something for "Are you ready?" Eh, I'll do it before the next update.
posted
For "auto-pilot" give file name "selection-mod-relax2". ^^
posted
Wow what a total change. Did you have overdo the entire theme of it? And the name too? It's like you dumped the old skin and created this one out of nowhere.
posted
yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;);););););););););););)
posted
FIRST of all, i dont really understand the countdown. I dont really like it either. The Slider ball sucks. Im sorry, it just looks really bland. The combo bursts are good but i hate the health meter and the spinner is still the osu! default one. Overall, I think its great i support this new skin.
posted

kideddie1501 wrote:

FIRST of all, i dont really understand the countdown. I dont really like it either. The Slider ball sucks. Im sorry, it just looks really bland. The combo bursts are good but i hate the health meter and the spinner is still the osu! default one. Overall, I think its great i support this new skin.
It's not complete yet, it's version 0.5. That's probably why the spinner hasn't been changed yet.

The slider ball...I wouldn't really expect it being an 'X', looking at the screenshots. It would distract me indefinitely. I can always suggest some leek or another object a Vocaloid has (Tuna? :3) but I don't know...

Perhaps a cool techno-all around can work too. >w< Perhaps though, my opinion sucks.

I think the life icon (the kianger.png etc.) might need a little more perfection though. ;)

Everything looks promising, I expected no less from you though. :)
posted

Harris73 wrote:

Wow what a total change. Did you have overdo the entire theme of it? And the name too? It's like you dumped the old skin and created this one out of nowhere.
I kept a teeny tiny bit of Osu!loid, but I realized half of it sucked or wouldn't fit the idea of a PJD theme.

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

kideddie1501 wrote:

FIRST of all, i dont really understand the countdown. I dont really like it either. The Slider ball sucks. Im sorry, it just looks really bland. The combo bursts are good but i hate the health meter and the spinner is still the osu! default one. Overall, I think its great i support this new skin.
It's not complete yet, it's version 0.5. That's probably why the spinner hasn't been changed yet.

The slider ball...I wouldn't really expect it being an 'X', looking at the screenshots. It would distract me indefinitely. I can always suggest some leek or another object a Vocaloid has (Tuna? :3) but I don't know...

Perhaps a cool techno-all around can work too. >w< Perhaps though, my opinion sucks.

I think the life icon (the kianger.png etc.) might need a little more perfection though. ;)
I had the slider ball being a spinning leek before, but it didn't work out too well because I had crunched it all up to fit better. I had made it an X because I just had felt using the O again would be kinda lame. :P Maybe an O would work better? X and O are the usual buttons for Normal Rank songs on Project Diva, which is why I used them.

The countdown is a joke off one of Miku's songs "melody.exe". It's one of the old "version"'s remnants, but I couldn't think of anything to change it to, so I left it as is. I'll try to figure out something better.

The health bar is an imitation of the Project Diva "Song Energy Bar". I'll try to fiddle around with the shape and design of it to make it look better. :3

As for the spinner, I haven't thought of anything yet for it. Any suggestions are welcome for it.

Thanks for the comments so far though everyone. ^w^
posted
Heres an idea for the spinner, you know how in the Haruhi skin, the spin-o-meter gauge is a Haruhi Silouette? Makybe a Blue Haruhi Silouette would be awsome with the actual spinner itself being like the Re:package CD.
posted
Actually, the package CD isn't the best. Maybe the one from unformed?

And the gauge could be a edited form of the COVER of Re:Packaged.


posted
yes, i rather like the unformed cd.
posted
That CD image for "unformed" must be the DVD+CD or the LE one right? *has unformed, but her CD doesn't have that design*

Anyways, I finished vectoring it over and altering it slightly to remove the track list and copyright info for the CD. xD; Also added the selection things (in beatmap selection), as well as fixing the filename for Auto Pilot. I haven't started playing around with the slider ball and health bar yet, so this update is really just additions. Also, CtB is partially skinned. Just missing Ryuuta being changed to Miku now. I don't have screenshots of CtB yet, since it's not finished/I forgot. xD;


Updated Selection screen.

Updated Mods image.


The spinner.
edit: Alignment issues will be fixed before the next update. Dx;

New download link will be in the top post in a few~

Also, on a side note: SuzumiyaKyon, can you change the images to link for me? they stretch the page a lot. (I don't exactly have a huge monitor =3=)
edit: and another side note: I will not be doing hitsounds for this theme. A: Because I suck at audio edited and such, and B: Project Diva's sounds are practically already in there, so there's no point anyways. xD;
posted
I fixed the spinner and made the Health Bar better, but I still have to finish fixing up the markers for the bar. Gotta record the "are you ready" line and play around with the ready and go images. Also finished CtB.

So uhm, I'm almost done? Next update will prolly finish off just about everything I planned to skin, unless I'm impatient and update sooner.
posted
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
posted
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
posted
-_- Pretty... xD
|
posted
The pointer kinda screws up other songs that have custom skins, the pointer will be outside the curser which throws off a lot. The tip of the leek will show up out side the circle. I have this skin as my default so when i went to this song and started playing, i didn't notice the tip of the leek, but then i noticed that a lot of the notes weren't hitting for some reason. You can see what I'm talking about if you put the skin on and go to a song with it's own custom cursor and put it on autoplay. it's more noticeable there
posted
Not really skin related but is that gray haired lady with black pants from the spinner gauge a real vocaloid? If so, whats her name?
posted

Metruzero wrote:

The pointer kinda screws up other songs that have custom skins, the pointer will be outside the curser which throws off a lot. The tip of the leek will show up out side the circle. I have this skin as my default so when i went to this song and started playing, i didn't notice the tip of the leek, but then i noticed that a lot of the notes weren't hitting for some reason. You can see what I'm talking about if you put the skin on and go to a song with it's own custom cursor and put it on autoplay. it's more noticeable there
oh, as in the pointer's hot spot is in the top left rather than the center like most cursors figure the hot spot is in the center. I''ll try to get a way to make this work better, though I may have to make a new cursor.

@kideddie1501: The gray haired girl is Yowane haku, a spin off vocaloid based off miku. She personifies a new user of Vocaloid, and has a more robotic and off-key sound.
show more
Please sign in to reply.