forum

Why can't I save replays? [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BlueSpike
I'm trying to put a replay on youtube, I figured that I could use the ever-so-helpful 'Save replay' function. However, it won't save any replay unless it's on of those Osu! replays. I'm talking about after you finish a song, you can save a replay, or an Osu! replay. It won't let me save regular replays. Is this common, or..?
cyanberryio
Completely normal.

Look for Fraps, it's supposedly one of the screen recorders that works well with osu! Just save your replay, and play it back and record the screen.
machol30
Huh? Yes, it does. When you finish a song (that is a ranked/approved map), a little pop-up screen thingie comes up specifying about your ranking and such. Somewhere at the top there are options to save your play as local score and a .osr. You can also press F2 in order to export as a .osr. .Osr's are stored in the Replays folder in the osu! directory along with all of your songs, skins, screenshots, etc.

You can import .osr's by opening them with osu! or simply dragging and dropping into the osu! window.

However, osu! replays are not stored into the osu!DB if you somehow fail to rank in the top 40s in a particular beatmap. To view those replays, it must be stored onto the local scoreboard.

EDIT:

mattyu007 wrote:

He meant uploading osr's to youtube
Right... I guess I misunderstood there.
mattyu007
He meant uploading osr's to youtube