forum

How do you even accuracy in osu!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jagermeiser
My pp accuracy is currently 82,79 % while others with a similar pp usually have 90-98%.

I CAN'T SS A GODDAMN NORMAL MAP. HOW DO YOU EVEN ACCURACY IN THIS GAME?

I know that the standard answer would be "play moar", but there has to be a better way of approaching this problem. What am I missing?
charlotteawoo

Jagermeiser wrote:

My pp accuracy is currently 82,79 % while others with a similar pp usually have 90-98%.

I CAN'T SS A GODDAMN NORMAL MAP. HOW DO YOU EVEN ACCURACY IN THIS GAME?

I know that the standard answer would be "play moar", but there has to be a better way of approaching this problem. What am I missing?

Acc is 2hard.
Loves
Follow your heart. Follow the beat.
Plushies
Start by playing hidden, then proceed to get bad accuracy. Get frustrated and turn off hidden and you will magically get good accuracy. i have no idea why but this works for me.
Aqo
you don't
Mukku

Aqo wrote:

you don't
you do

XD
Aqo
There is only one way to get accuracy in osu

play stuff that is easy for you
Almost

Dekkaimori wrote:

Start by playing hidden, then proceed to get bad accuracy. Get frustrated and turn off hidden and you will magically get good accuracy. i have no idea why but this works for me.
A friend of mine had really terrible accuracy so I told him try that. Works like a charm. His accuracy became better pretty much instantly but that's not saying his accuracy is any good still, just better.
Moway
play easy maps
buny
just play a lot, it comes naturally.
winber1
heart of the cards
Wishy
If you can't SS [Normal] difficulties then you're just too bad at this game, meaning you have played really not that much at all and you will be good eventually.

If you have played a lot and still struggle with that, then you're doing something wrong and I don't know what.
Liut
Don't play maps that you find in top ranks of other players/gives you pp ...
those maps are usually out of offset and you will end up having crappy accuracy
Just and advice for the future ,don't know if it's your case
silmarilen

Aqo wrote:

this is 90% true, but grinding the same map over and over can give you a pretty decent accuracy aswell even if the map isnt easy for you.
ztrot
Try concentrating on each circle as a single object moving along that should help improve your overall acc stick to using single key input on songs that are of a slow bpm only alting key pressed when needed as 1/4 streams
lolcubes
Did anyone say Accuracy? I like accuracy.

Ontopic, it's all about the hitsounds and how they match the music, all you have to do is listen and compare.

Aqo wrote:

Or challenge yourself until you succeed. ;)
Topic Starter
Jagermeiser
Tried playing some easy maps on hidden, and realized that I almost completely rely on visual hit confirmation -I can literally pass a map like http://osu.ppy.sh/b/68036&m=0 on lunatic, almost as good as with any sound on. So I should probably stop playing so many 200+ bpm maps that are impossible for me to pass, start from a point where I can beat a map with decent accuracy, and actually listen to those goddamn hitsounds. Great tips, fellow osu players. From now on, the tunes of osu shall be the ones to guide me.

HD is a complete nightmare...
silmarilen

Jagermeiser wrote:

HD is a complete nightmare...
yes
lolcubes
I can relate to that too.

;_;
jesse1412

jesus1412 wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/99612

Sticky pls.