forum

[resolved] Double Keyboard input

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sorax
as you can see in the title I currently have the problem that my keyboard randomly registers 2 inputs at once while tapin. That problem obviously makes the game unplayable at least on higher difficulty and I really don't know what to do.

I tried to clean my keyboard since dirt could be under the keys as well tryin other keys to play and even switching keyboards but nothing helped so I decided to reinstall osu just to realize that the problem isn't fixed D:

I would evoid reinstalling windows or any drastic stuff like that so maybe some of you had the same problem or know whats going on and can help me.

I really appreciate your time, tips and answers and thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm using the Razer ornata chroma currently as my osu! keyboard and the Gaomon S620 + drivers.

osu! version: Stable 20201017.3 (latest)
Death
If you've tried other keys and you are still having issues, are you sure you aren't just accidentally tapping one of the keys twice in rapid succession without knowing?

Unless every single key on your keyboard as well as the other keyboard you tried is broken is broken, or you have some other software on your computer causing your keys to press twice, this shouldn't be possible otherwise.
Tykork
Well it seems unlikely that all keys on multiple keyboards would all have issues with chattering because of keyboard hardware problems. Do you have access to another computer that you could test the keyboard(s) on?

Do they seem to chatter when you type in notepad as well?

Did you use the same USB-port for both keyboards or are you using any USB-hub? Try different ports and plug the keyboard directly to the motherboard.

Have you tried reinstalling/updating your keyboard drivers?

If your keyboard has adjustable polling rate try and change it.

I'm not sure if/how these following settings affect osu! input but if you can't seem to find any other solution you could try these: Check your Windows keyboard settings: Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use. Then go to "Set up Filter keys". Take note of your previous settings in case changing them seems to make the problem worse. Check if any filters are currently enabled. Ideally you want to keep them off. They might actually help if properly configured but they can cause issues too.

You could also try and mess around with the keyboard Repeat rate and Repeat delay: Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Keyboard
Topic Starter
Sorax

tykork wrote:

Well it seems unlikely that all keys on multiple keyboards would all have issues with chattering because of keyboard hardware problems. Do you have access to another computer that you could test the keyboard(s) on?

Do they seem to chatter when you type in notepad as well?

Did you use the same USB-port for both keyboards or are you using any USB-hub? Try different ports and plug the keyboard directly to the motherboard.

Have you tried reinstalling/updating your keyboard drivers?

If your keyboard has adjustable polling rate try and change it.

I'm not sure if/how these following settings affect osu! input but if you can't seem to find any other solution you could try these: Check your Windows keyboard settings: Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use. Then go to "Set up Filter keys". Take note of your previous settings in case changing them seems to make the problem worse. Check if any filters are currently enabled. Ideally you want to keep them off. They might actually help if properly configured but they can cause issues too.

You could also try and mess around with the keyboard Repeat rate and Repeat delay: Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> Keyboard
First of all sorry for the late reply!

thanks for your help for now It actually seems to work! My keyboard worked fine outside of osu btw thats why I was kinda confused.

And If you are interested what actually helped: I followed your instructions for ease of acces center and enabled "Use delayed keystroke" (idk if thats the correct translation since Im using a german system but yea)

I appreciate your help! Finally I can play osu again :D

Edit:
Well I was happy too early the problem seems to occur less but its still there. I guess I have to try out your other recommendations
Tykork
Glad it helped you somewhat at least, even if the problem isn't completely fixed :) Yeah, I guess you just have to keep playing around with different settings and filters until you find something that makes the key chatter as minimal as possible.

Didn't notice that you had a Razer keyboard before, did you try updating/reinstalling Synapse? Swap or reset any profiles if you have any as well (on-board profiles too if your keyboard supports them).

You could actually try playing without Synapse running at all, to rule out any Razer software interference. Try temporarily killing all Razer/Synapse processes. You should be able to run most Razer devices without Synapse running (or installed), they just won't have as fancy effects and settings.
Topic Starter
Sorax
Heya! I'm back again. Sadly I couldnt fix my problem even after tryin everything you suggested D: I closed all Synapse tasks and even deinstalled it 'cause I never used it anyways xd

I installed the Hawku driver since I opened the thread 'cause I thought maybe it is my tablet driver? but no success.
I played with he keyboard settings and to my surprise it worked better then before but still not completly fixed so I downloaded a program I found on another Forum which should kill the chatter but the program doesnt detect any..

I assume it must have something to do with either osu! itself or win10 after all these tries
Aken0x
I had the same problem than you, double input, i thought it was my keyboard but i bought a new one and i still had the same issue, i tried on another computer and i still had the issue. So i recorded my tapping hand in slow motion and look what happen when i tap :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SK0kw0Rv8g

I full alt with ring and index finger, but when i tap hard with my index, my middle finger hit my ring finger key unintentionally. And i didn't noticed it until today, i had no idea my middle finger were hiting something. The solution is to check what your fingers are doing and fix that bad habits.