forum

Is there a recommended way to hold your mouse for osu!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Markiiuz
Hi! I've been playing osu! for some months now and I've stumbled upon a problem that is really bothering me.

First, sorry if my explaination weird, english is not my first language, not even the second, so yeah, sorry for that :<

So what happens to me is that when I'm playing longer maps/I'm comboing a lot, my aim begins to get worse and more inconsistent. At first I thought they were just the nerves (I'm a 6 digit and I get quite nervous when I have 300x+ Combo) but after a while, I realized that wasn't the problem! The problem was the way I held my mouse (or grip, however you want to call it). I couldn't aim properly jumps that made me move down my mouse because the way I held it.

With all of this said, am I the only one that has this problem? Is there a way to fix it or a better way to hold a mouse? I'm pretty sure that's my problem, and it's not related to my mouse since it's a pretty decent one (Razer DeathAdder Elite)

Thank you so much for your help, sorry if I'm somehow breaking a forum rule or something, this is the first post I made on this forum, or in any forum really, so I'm not used to them x)

Thank you again and have a great day! :>
Almost
You might be talking about mouse drift. Not much you can do about it except learn to reposition your mouse while playing or upping your DPI a little and turning off accel. Apparently playing without tilting your wrist fixes that but I can't really recommend something I don't know if it works or not.
Topic Starter
Markiiuz

Almost wrote:

You might be talking about mouse drift. Not much you can do about it except learn to reposition your mouse while playing or upping your DPI a little and turning off accel. Apparently playing without tilting your wrist fixes that but I can't really recommend something I don't know if it works or not.
Alright, got it. Thanks a lot for your help! I'll see if my issue improves overtime :>
Alex_Jaro
If you mean of how to hold it then you can either do the palm grip (fingers and palm touching he mouse),claw (only the fingers directly touch the mouse,what I do) and the fingertip grip in which you only move the mouse with your fingertips. If you meant that you would lose your grip etc. While playing,mouse slipping issues etc. Try a higher DPI/sensitivity if you notice it's too low or the reverse.
Hyptu
Just don't use palm grip