forum

Multipliers 1.25x and 1.26x

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tear
HR+HD+DT/FL give multiplier 1.26x, while DT+FL gives 1.25x. Are the multipliers actually slightly different or it's just a rounding error when displaying the multiplier?
LoGo

_tear wrote:

HR+HD+DT/FL give multiplier 1.26x, while DT+FL gives 1.25x. Are the multipliers actually slightly different or it's just a rounding error when displaying the multiplier?
More mods = bonus multiplier
enik
1.12*1.12=1.2544
1.12*1.06*1.06=1.258432
yep, it's different.
Topic Starter
Tear
Interesting, so HR+HD actually gives more score than DT/FL too... I never noticed this in practice, guess it doesn't have that much impact.
Aqo
It's fair because HD is the hardest mod.
Asx-H
Has it always been like this? I never noticed :o
laport

Aqo wrote:

It's fair because HDHR is the hardest rockin' mod.
obviously~
Loves
It's multiplicative which means HR+ HD will give like a 4% advantage score over just a pure DT or FL.

DT + HR + HD also gives more than DT + FL
Sure
buny
it's because the 2nd mod will also modify the 1st mod used
Topic Starter
Tear
This happens because DT and FL are 1.12x, not 1.1236x (1.06 * 1.06). What's interesting is that I never noticed the difference...
winber1
that's because who the hell can tell .0036 difference? It's only noticeable when multiple people SS or you play an extremely long map, otherwise it'll probably go unnoticed. On average length maps, it really only offer like 15k - 30k ish extra points which is not very much. anyways, if you're pro, you will still beat those hd hr people
Thatgooey
Another thing with DT or FL vs hd/hr is spinners give advantage to DT, since HR isn't holding your bonus back. I think this lets DT mod catch back up on those few hundredths of a percent. Extra 3k multiplied by combo probably catches you up. Would need to get the numbers for the math, but sounds about right. I have always assumed this to be the reason why some DT scores very similar to hd/hr scores on maps are slightly higher. I wonder if this theory is true on the mathematically level of the game?
Mythras
if you're fast enough to FC the map on DT with decent accuracy you're probably going to be more accurate than people using HD HR. (see cookiezi)
Winshley
The multiplier effect is more noticeable when you're comparing SS scores on 0 spinner map.
Anzo
HDHR = 1.1236x (less advantage of HR getting less spinner bonus)
DT or FL = 1.12x (with advantage of DT getting more spinner bonus)
lolcubes

Anzo-nii wrote:

(with advantage of DT getting more spinner bonus)
No. This works only on auto. It's the same for players.
kriers

Just gotta love how hdhr gives more points sometimes

go to bed cubes
ethox

VioletMaid wrote:

if you're fast enough to FC the map on DT with decent accuracy you're probably going to be more accurate than people using HD HR. (see cookiezi)
All to personal preference, but if you are able to FC a map on a certain BPM x1.5 then you almost certainly are able to do the same feat a little more precise at the original beat rate. And with enough retries HD+HR is even easier, since you can play maps which you simply do not have the physique to DT.
Topic Starter
Tear
This usually isn't a problem in practice anyway, since when you can DT you can DT+HD too.
buny

_tear wrote:

This usually isn't a problem in practice anyway, since when you can DT you can DT+HD too.
more retries for +HD yay
GoldenWolf

_tear wrote:

Nope
Topic Starter
Tear
HD reading is a skill that needs practice like any other, a clear skin helps too.
GoldenWolf
I think my skin is not the problem here, I just can't HD at all. (And I practice it sometimes, but I don't see any improvement at all, over 6 months)
Aqo
HD hardest mod 2013
Synchrostar
HD easier than HR, after few plays i know where the notes are anyways and sometimes i just know when there're stacked notes since song

only problem are jumps
laport

kriers wrote:

Just gotta love how hdhr gives more points
while the DT player is simply too lazy to add HD or trying to demonstrate the difference in score multiplier.

about spinners, most hd hr players spin slower because in some cases they are slower overall than the DT player but most of all because of many retries it is likely to lose the will/power to spin and focus more on accuracy. DT is max a handful of tries so there is always a full power spin..

Difficulty of DT compared to (hd+)HR always depends on the map. example; if the OD is already 10 then hardrock is much easier compared to HR on (old) lower OD maps with bad timing i think. And sometimes mappers spend effort trying to hide notes under sliders and between spinners to increase number of total plays on map at the cost of time of hidden players. :)

HD is free points for the retries, the dutch name for HD is "gratis punten"

I think the difference in HDDT vs DT compared to HDHR vs HR is smaller for DT, in my experience it takes one play with dt to being able to hddt
buny
spinning fast is easier on dt since the tempo makes you faster mentally
7H0R

buny wrote:

I've noticed that also.
And conversely on HT I spin really slowly.

I agree with the sentiment that if you can do DT, DTHD shouldn't be too far off usually. Depends on the map though. Jumps on hidden can be tricky.
Winshley

7H0R wrote:

buny wrote:

I've noticed that also.
And conversely on HT I spin really slowly.
These for me, too. :P
silmarilen

laport wrote:

about spinners, most hd hr players spin slower because in some cases they are slower overall than the DT player but most of all because of many retries it is likely to lose the will/power to spin and focus more on accuracy. DT is max a handful of tries so there is always a full power spin..
actually its because hr increases OD making it harder to get score in spinners
if 2 people spin equally, one playing dt and the other hr, the dt one will have more score
Wishy
HR HD = poor man's DT
buny
^lol'd