forum

Multiplayer "free play"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8,260
show more
envui_old
Why this isn't a feature yet?I hate osu! mode and my friends love it, so i just drop and go play stepmania.
Cassia
is this planned ? Or just a highly wanted option without it happening ?
Zifam
I hope this gets added soon. Peppy did make a reply on this thread, so I believe he is most likely working on it.

Support!
Ronbo
Gonna bump this again because I was about to post the same. I've started playing with some friends a lot recently (we didn't know we all played osu lol), but our multi matches tend to either be the lower ranked guys getting destroyed every song, or the higher ranked guys getting bored to death grinding easy songs. Being able to have each person play on a different difficulty would be awesome!

To deal with some maps having different lengths on different difficulties (such as some stream/jump training maps), you could make it so the difficulty you select must be within 5 seconds of the host's selected difficulty length.
BroAidan
I Like this idea, would make games more fun with a range of ranks.
Phashy
waiting...
xxxafiqxxx
THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!
ZeethusOSU
It's good to have this added if there is a difference in skills of the players in the multiplayer match.
TheKoolAidGuy
This is a great idea for people that are looking to just chillax and play with others without having to worry about not being able to play at the same level as others.
deskoo
Definitely my #1 feature wish at the moment!
otoed1
If we did this I might actually play multiplayer.
_xavo
Bauxe

xXavocadoXx wrote:

I fully support this idea, but I think it would be great if it wasn't a Score thing, but more of an Accuracy score.

Why:
Score = Hard or Insane will always win.
Accuracy = This can work, because a SS is a SS no matter if it's Easy or Insane.
Combo = Hard or Insane will always win, because there are more circles.

Again, total support. -xAvo
An SS on Easy is much easier than an SS on Insane. There is no way to have a fair balance for scoring here. So score makes the most sense, since they are playing the harder map.
_xavo
IRyanI

Bauxe wrote:

xXavocadoXx wrote:

I fully support this idea, but I think it would be great if it wasn't a Score thing, but more of an Accuracy score.

Why:
Score = Hard or Insane will always win.
Accuracy = This can work, because a SS is a SS no matter if it's Easy or Insane.
Combo = Hard or Insane will always win, because there are more circles.

Again, total support. -xAvo
An SS on Easy is much easier than an SS on Insane. There is no way to have a fair balance for scoring here. So score makes the most sense, since they are playing the harder map.

Have it as a sense of how it's titled "Free play" where it wouldn't matter who wins or how the scoring is. Just play to play have everyone show up in the end ranking by alphabetical order. Could also have it be separated by close rank or what difficulty they choose by similar star rating.

This is a great idea though, I have friends who are rank 100K+ who want to play multi but can't play the songs I play or they pick and it's not enjoyable for myself, even with mods.

I support this 100%
_xavo
JapanYoshiTheGamer
If I had stars to shoot, and were a supporter, I'd upvote the everloving fu*k out of this. My friend who just got into osu! still can only play easy maps and Hard Rock just doesn't do it for me
Dantoria

xXavocadoXx wrote:

otoed1 wrote:

If we did this I might actually play multiplayer.
If we did this my friends might actually play multiplayer.
+1
Prospettiva
+1 star

u have my star
Asmira
+1 <3
Supreme
Yes plz
SHAKALAKA
+ 1
Pool Party
+ 2

I really like the concept of this idea! And the name "free play" makes it like score doesn't matter. There is a different in being on a multiplayer lobby where everyone want's to be the best - and a mulitplayer lobby where there is FRIENDS with different "ranks", where they can both play the same song together with a difficulty that they can actually finish without having to fail.
In my case, I'm playing with people with people who plays normal - and myself with extra. It's boring for them if I put on the diff "extra" and boring for me if they put on the difficulty "normal" --- But we still want to play together!
Whip
Multiple scoreboards during gameplay?
Adder
why not use mods then?
Frank-
Positive Vote
it will be great if we are playing with our friends (newcomer)
The Actor
We can add the "free play" feature and for fairness, lower difficulty songs will have a closer lower ratio of score than their higher difficulty counter-parts.
Though this will only count if the mapper has set options for it, if not then the feature will be deactivated or will use the default ratio that is set already in osu!
yomegA
Really like this idea. +2
Kaine
Why not force scorev2 along with this? Score cap would fix most issues that are being brought up.
WubWoofBacon

+21
for such a good idea
[ iL ]
THANK YOU! I have many friends on different skill levels (I play 5*, a friend plays 3.5*, two of my other friends starting out, and a friend that plays 2*)
Maybe you could force Score v2 during this mode? Maybe even cross-mode play (if map support)? I play mania sometimes, but I still want to be able to access the same lobbies.
Princess Jish
Yeah this would be nice!
-[S]ikariio]-
well.... Nice idea :x :x
Akutan
I would really like to have that on multi :)
Etsu
I like your idea +1
pompytt
I like this idea! +1
WWWWWWWVWWWWWWW
yes pls, this would make it much more enjoyable playing with a group with varying skill levels
Underforest
^ your username bugged this page and Feature Request listing forum, great job!

I like this idea and it maybe will be nice to implement, support!
Narkeo
Any updates on this being added or not?
Arnaud
why isnt this in the game yet
show more