forum

I can't tap on time no matter what I do...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Macvi
I'm pretty beat deaf and I've recently developed a problem of tapping way too early. I consistently tap like 20 ms early on jumps, regardless of bpm. I've tried playing lower ar, lower bpms, hidden, turning my hitsounds up, messing with my offset, but nothing seems to work.. And it's not like I've always had this problem, just for like the past month. It's seriously frustrating, and I don't know what to do.
majorobo
I dont know if the universal offset can change your problem, but if it cant, you maybe really have to train to remove that beat-deaf thing.
Topic Starter
Macvi

majorobo wrote:

I dont know if the universal offset can change your problem, but if it cant, you maybe really have to train to remove that beat-deaf thing.
Yeah, I tried to improve my rhythm sense but it all just sounds the same to me. like 20 ms early sounds right for some reason when I'm playing a map. I watch the replay and it sounds off, but I can't realize it while I'm playing.
Almost
It's likely you're anticipating the beat. Don't know what can really solve this issue though.
dung eater
try turning hitsounds down, music up, ar9 or below, maybe hidden. pay more attention to music and tap to it, not so much the hitsounds or tapping as soon as stuff (edit: i meant to say something about visually reading here, not to rely so much on it). if it's too hard, go down in difficulty of beatmap.
Topic Starter
Macvi

placeholder wrote:

try turning hitsounds down, music up, ar9 or below, maybe hidden. pay more attention to music and tap to it, not so much the hitsounds or tapping as soon as stuff. if it's too hard, go down in difficulty of beatmap.
Thanks for the reply, I'll try to do that. I do have my hitsounds very loud, I play with 15 percent music and 100 percent effect, so I will try it out.