posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
im1hpu0
Explain the issue you are having:

The game freezes and fps go down to 1

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

No.... isnt reproducible

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:

My hardware:
3GB ram, intel core 2 quad 9400, ati radeon hd2800 series

picture with graphic options and 1 fps problem at right lower corner

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/60 ... t017r.png/
whymeman
Hmm.... is there any other running processes or windows in the background or overlapping the osu! window? If so, is there anything from them that consumes graphics processing? Also, are the graphics card drivers and program(s) up to date or were they being updated at the time?

These are just things i'm thinking on from the top of my head to check for to figure out what's going on. There's also task manager to see what's putting the load on the system.

For a future note, you don't have to copy and paste from the template on explaining the issue. Just try to explain it in the best detail possible.

And one more thing, please change your avatar....
Topic Starter
im1hpu0
yes, there is only steam in the background and dont consumes graphic processor,and yes video drivers are updated.

and srry for the old avatar i hope this is good xD
TheVileOne
If this is still an issue, could you tell us whether any of the effect toggles affter your framerate at all? Does it change if you use a different Framerate option? How are you changing windows at 1 FPS?
Jenny
It actually is more like 0.000002 FPS and I may tell as I do have the same one at times - the only way to get osu! closed then is killing the process tree via task manager.

^goes up to 50% for just osu! when the FPS bugging occurs; you can't do anything on osu! anymore unless you consistently hit Esc at 200BPM 1/4 speed and do that for like a full minute

Also, anyone change this topic title to a more suiting one
/me glomps whyme
Sakura

Jenny wrote:

Also, anyone change this topic title to a more suiting one
/me glomps whyme
Done, not quite sure why this happens tho, and if it's not reproducible i think it will be hard to pinpoint the cause.
Jenny
As for my case, someone mentioned it could be due to my SSD being somewhat oldish (2010, one of the first to get sold?) and packed (just about 10GB free... well that's like 1/6th but still not too much in total) - how's it at your end, OP?
MillhioreF
This happens to me sometimes when my laptop overheats. If anything it's probably a problem on your computer's end.
RBRat3
Im not sure if my old issue is relevant to this one but I had problems with the framerate dropping like a rock just long enough for me to fail the song then it would resume to its normal framerate. I never did get to pinpoint why it happens because it always seemed to be random but what I do know is that disabling "Enable OS Tablet Support" got rid of it and turning it back on made the issue come back.
OtaTako_71D
:shock:

RBRat3 wrote:

Im not sure if my old issue is relevant to this one but I had problems with the framerate dropping like a rock just long enough for me to fail the song then it would resume to its normal framerate. I never did get to pinpoint why it happens because it always seemed to be random but what I do know is that disabling "Enable OS Tablet Support" got rid of it and turning it back on made the issue come back.
Did you try to change osu! settings from DirectX to OpenGL. I have the same problem as yours, then I change change osu! stettings from DirectX to OpenGL and that fix my terrible fps drops.
Also try to change your framelimiter to 60 (vsync).
Just try if my suggestions can help you. :D
RBRat3
Well I don't need the option enabled since it does nothing for me, I didn't realize it was on and solved the issue by mistake when I disabled it so I no longer have a problem.

X and GL are neck and neck on my end, Neither of the two offer any advantage or disadvantage in playability. (and yes it did the same thing in GL)