forum

Burst

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShieldHero
I don’t know If I developed a bad habit somehow but I can’t hit burst at all anymore? Streams I can still do but burst are destroying my will to play the game.
Aetherian
What do you mean when you say you cant hit bursts? Do you lack the finger control needed for bursts? Are you tapping too slow? I can't help more with only this information, can you tell more?
opakq
I found that whenever I missed bursts, the issue is either (or a combination of)
a) You don't have the finger control so you tap too quickly or too slowly (you don't really feel the rhythm of the burst)
b) You don't have the speed so you can't hit the burst as it's too quick for you
c) The burst is in a line or in a uncomfortable pattern that you struggle to aim. Also, if you misaim the first note of a burst that is spaced out, then most likely you will miss the rest of the burst.

Once you discover the issue you have to figure out how to compensate for it.

One thing that may help is figuring out your weaker finger as almost everyone has a dominant and a non dominant finger, even for alternators (for me at least). If for example you tap with your middle and index, and your index is weaker, try starting bursts/triples/quadruples with your index. This will break in your weaker finger. For example, do patterns like xz,xz,xz in quick succession, xzxz, xzxz, or xzx, xzx, xzx, with x standing for index and z standing for middle. Breaking in your fingers will help you with bursts ALOT more.

Try playing maps like Timberwolf and just start the bursts with your weak finger, and once it is comfortable you go back to whatever you usually play bursts with.
Almost

Aetherian wrote:

Do you lack the finger control needed for bursts?
What? You don't need finger control for bursts lmao
WitherMite

Almost wrote:

Aetherian wrote:

?
opakq

Almost wrote:

Aetherian wrote:

Idk if it's just me but I'm pretty sure you do need some to hit them accurately, or else you get bad acc on the burst
Almost

opakq wrote:

Almost wrote:

Aetherian wrote:

Idk if it's just me but I'm pretty sure you do need some to hit them accurately, or else you get bad acc on the burst
I was exaggerating a little. You do need some finger control for bursts (on mid-low bpm) however bursts are extremely lenient on accuracy because math. The only ways you mess up your accuracy on a burst is if you; are a new player (have zero finger control to begin with), start off the burst on the wrong foot, finger lock, miss-aim the burst, are a high bpm degenerate and/or are missing half a brain. Anyway, OP claims that streams aren't an issue which discounts the idea of finger control even being a problem seeing as if you have the finger control for a normal length stream bursts shouldn't be an issue.
Fluxx0z
worse comes to worse, you're over thinking it and have forgotten your finger control, this has happened to me countless times, just take a break for a day or two and walk back into it with a fresh mind, if you were able to do it once before you can do it again. good luck!!
Topic Starter
ShieldHero
wow thank you guys I completely forgot i posted this !!