forum

why can i only play while unfocused

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bany
Does anyone else only play well or at their skill level while they are completly distracted? I cannot for some fucking reason combo more than 200x on songs that i have FC'd before while I'm specifically thinking about clicking the circles or how well im doing. I have to remind myself to think about other things. I have to be completly unfocused to get a good score or even pass a song. Idk why this works but it does, my top plays have all been songs where I just forgot i was even playing and just naturally did it. I have ADD, but if i were to guess the opposite would be happenening. idk if im explaining this well but does anyone else have this issue
Winnyace
here next time

seems that you did what I did and decided to skip steps in your progression, but idk if your ADD disorder adds to this. maybe going to hard or insane difficulty and trying to read the map
Topic Starter
bany

Winnyace wrote:

here next time

seems that you did what I did and decided to skip steps in your progression, but idk if your ADD disorder adds to this. maybe going to hard or insane difficulty and trying to read the map
that might be it, but even playing easier stars like 4.8 i still cant
Winnyace
the idea isn't to fc nor to pass, rather to improve your focus and improve your reading. you can do like I do and focus only when necessary, but it requires you playing the map multiple times. or just leave it dead and continue to play as you normally play.
YyottaCat
IDK. It's just that everyone's brains functions differently I think.
abraker
I think it's not being distracted, but rather zone out to play the game semi-subconsiously
DeletedUser_5153421
i have to be very calm to maintain consistency, maybe we're just the same way. so when i wanna be really good i zone out because thinking about anything related to the map that isnt sub-consious makes me think wrong on a certain aspect while playing. More times than not, my gut instinct will make me combo better.
YyottaCat

abraker wrote:

I think it's not being distracted, but rather zone out to play the game semi-subconsiously
Yeah.
Hydreigon
in the future, we will be able to FC maps while were asleep
clayton
I forget the word but there's some common phrase used to describe this feeling while driving, where you zone out and ironically become a more alert driver or somethn
Lapizote

clayton wrote:

I forget the word but there's some common phrase used to describe this feeling while driving, where you zone out and ironically become a more alert driver or somethn
not specifically for driving (idk what you would call that), but "being in the zone" is a concept that's similar to that and it's used in competitive sports (both physical and non-physical).
Topic Starter
bany

clayton wrote:

I think thats called

Hydreigon wrote:

in the future, we will be able to FC maps while were asleep
one day
KyrosGallade
When i focus on aiming with my right hand, i constantly miss and fail. But when i think about something else while playing, i have the highest chance of fcing the map. I realised this and used it to my advantage. My bass slut play and justadice play were made while i was unfocused. I still dont know how it works