forum

who decided philosophy was a thing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kai99
like what the fuck am i listening to ?? ? ? these are not lectures they're some mumbo jumbo i dont get it
Lapizote
i personally find philosophy to be mind-numbingly interesting but confusing-

but hey, different strokes for different folks. eventually though, you're gonna develop your own philosophies in life.
Winnyace
it really does sound like mumbo jumbo. maybe someone can enlighten us as to why it is like this
Corne2Plum3
I have 4 hours of philosophy per week at school...
Topic Starter
kai99
like im learning about interface conception and everything makes sense except nothing makes sense, does this make sense to you?
abraker
Wtf is interface conception

That said, I like metaphysics best
Lapizote
couldn't find anything in google about "interface conception" - is the interface problem another name for it?
z0z
huh, i thought philosophy was the kind of subject that makes guesses of the world

i don't really know how it's supposed to work
YyottaCat
Philosophy is a collection of thoughts I think. And you can develop your own philosophy of how you see the world.
Kolmas
Basically philosophy = thinking, but people like thinking about thinking so much they make philosophy a thing
WitherMite

tyhjyys wrote:

Basically philosophy = thinking, but people like thinking about thinking so much they make philosophy a thing
and it doesn't make sense because most people are stupid, especially people who don't think they are.
z0z

WitherMite wrote:

tyhjyys wrote:

and it doesn't make sense because most people are stupid, especially people who don't think they are.
the subject's for people who like to wonder and aren't stupid, i don't think that's any of us
q9za

z0z wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

tyhjyys wrote:

the subject's for people who like to wonder and aren't stupid, i don't think that's any of us
even stupid people can become smart. It's not a bad thing.
WitherMite

q9za wrote:

z0z wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

tyhjyys wrote:

everyone's stupid in some way and its not a bad thing. closest people can be to not being dumb is realizing you are and trying to be better. my point wasnt that it hard to understand because people are stupid, but its hard to understand because its the study of people (who are usually stupid) and how we think/feel.
q9za

WitherMite wrote:

q9za wrote:

z0z wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

tyhjyys wrote:

everyone's stupid in some way and its not a bad thing. closest people can be to not being dumb is realizing you are and trying to be better. my point wasnt that it hard to understand because people are stupid, but its hard to understand because its the study of people (who are usually stupid) and how we think/feel.
You are not wrong, but eventually those people stupid in that area will become smart, and then also your feelings change, everything is subject to change. Not you need to wait.
Jonarwhal
forum.pageturn()
ClevelandsMyBro
this philosphy or no philosophy?
abraker
Tad Fibonacci
Philosophy is pretty interesting in my opinion. But it depends on what kind of philosophy you're listening to.

Is Greek philosophy interesting and worth studying? Yes.
Is Marxism interesting and worth studying? Depends on the person, but to me it sounds like a dude's excuse to why he doesn't want to work and contribute to society which in turn popularize an ideology which killed millions of people.
Lapizote

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

an ideology which killed millions of people.
tbf tho, it's not like other political structures haven't resulted in the miseries of many people.

there will always be corruption and/or death whenever someone is given power.
show more