forum

Importing a replay in multiplayer is buggy [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Basically, it's possible to use replays in conjunction with multiplayer to make osu! act strangely.

1. Join a multiplayer game, and you need to have the map.
2. Load a replay while in the multiplayer match.
3. You'll get booted to the replay results screen, where you can view the replay. But don't. Instead, press escape to go back to song select.
4. The song is now skipping and rapid click noises choir it.
5. Trying to click on an invite to a multiplayer game will result in osu! complaining you are already in a game. Instead, head to the multiplayer menu in the option, but don't join a game, go bakc to the main menu.
6. Click the invite to get back into the game you originally were in.
7. You are now presented with skippy music in a multiplayer game that eventually stops playing. At the moment I'm seeing if it propogates to gameplay in the multiplayer too.

Results:
In the multiplayer session, the game skips music periodically,m while continuing the map. And when them music finishes, the game movement suddenly stops, and makes you get stuck completely.

And at this very moment, I'm stuck in this point in the map endlessly.
theowest
Here's what I did when I tried to replicate it using your instructions. Game mode: osu!

1. I created a multiplayer game (maybe I should've joined instead)
2. While in the multiplayer room, I download this http://puu.sh/1PCbj replay and loaded it (That's what you mean by loading a replay right?)
3. osu! forced me out from the multiplayer room in an instant and gave me the replay.

4. Instead of watching the replay I went back to song select (by hitting esc, does it matter?)
5. The song I was listening to was of the replay's and not the multiplayer song, and it was not skipping or "rapid click noises choir it."
6. deadbeat who was still in the multiplayer room invited me back in.
7. "You are already in a game! Leave the current one first."

8. I then went to the multiplayer lobby, didn't join a game and went back to the main menu.
9. I clicked the multiplayer invite again, and I got back to the multiplayer room.

The multiplayer room music was now active and there were no skippy music. I managed to play the difficulty with deadbeat just fine.
deadbeat
loaded a .osr replay in the multiplayer room. result screen open. went back to the song select. couldn't here any music and couldn't join multiplayer until i went back to the multiplayer lobby and then back to the main menu. also got a random error code when i returned to the song selection
also when i was at the results screen, i couldn't hear any music there. i did use the local .osr file so that might have something to do it it, but not sure

TheVileOne
If you guys can replicate it, why aren't you tagging it? I'll just do it for you.
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

If you guys can replicate it, why aren't you tagging it? I'll just do it for you.
We didn't hear any of that strange sound he was talking about. We were also able to play the beatmap in multiplayer just fine.
So there wasn't much bugginess going on. except maybe the "7. "You are already in a game! Leave the current one first." after leaving the multiplayer room by loading a replay.

We might have been doing something wrong, doing this in ctb might make it play out differently.
TheVileOne
I will test it then.

Edit: I just found out if I load a replay while during the multiplayer, it will bring me to the replay screen, but it still says i'm in the game with #multiplayer open. If i watch a replay it only shows the players in the room on the leaderboard.

Loaded it during the lobby and no sound scratching.
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

If i watch a replay it only shows the players in the room on the leaderboard.
screenshot of this? Sounds like one valid, replicable bug compared to this topic where there seem to be a lot of things wrong.
TheVileOne
Not replicable. It's not happening anymore.
Arnold0
I got able to do step 1-4 and get skipping music :

But I could get this only 2 times on like 30 tries... D:
Topic Starter
Kitokofox
Arnold0 has it spot on. And if you proceed to multiplayer with this same skippy music and the map you have playing is the one in the multiplayer, you WILL be able to play the map in multiplayer with skipping music.

Basically the music skips forward and makes the beatmap end prematurely. This means frozen fruits in CtB, like my screenshot. But this could do other strange things to other modes too maybe.

All in all, the main point of doing this is that osu! acts very strangely....

I think what also contributes is if you've already heard the song in your session of osu! yet or not.. in this case, I didn't hear the replay's music yet.

Just found out a new potentially critical bug.

If you load a replay while playing a game of multiplayer, you freeze your end of the multiplayer, and the scoreboard shows on the left. This ALSO keeps the multiplayer from ending indefinitely as long as you're connected to Bancho and don't open the multiplayer menu again. So players can ultimately ruin a multiplayer room with this. And the fact that this feels so clientside insists that malicious users can also inject fake scores for themselves. (?) But all in all, replays in multiplayer also pose exploit problems for others.
theowest
So here's what I found after trying this a million times.

You must open your replay separately from osu!, by double-clicking on it.
Just like deadbeat, here's what I saw when I once opened a replay:

You don't have to be in multiplayer to load this replay to experience this bug. That will just take you more time to replicate this bug. I only had to open around replays this way before I got the skippy noise.
After telling this to Saten, he could replicate it the same time as I did and we played a match while experiencing this bug at the same time.

I recorded everything

Closer look at the sound you're hearing in the beginning:

That happened just after I opened a replay. I wasn't even in the multiplayer room before.

Image I took when it froze, Saten's point of view http://youtu.be/nDD2qoml9BY

Image I took when I pressed esc after that

Last image I took when I loaded another replay after experiencing this bug in the video with Saten

Loading another replay while already seeing one will cause everything to go back, Saten's video: http://youtu.be/sLWtrEhHa3s (doesn't matter if you drag it in or open it)
Saten
Confirming~

It's not necessary to be in multiplayer to replicate the skipping sound
It worked after opening replays like you usually do.

When the map ended with the skippy sound (excuse the lag)

This was already mentioned in theo's post, but yeah

Did what theo did

Also notice that there are music @ 0:41. even when exiting the play, it'll still be there. Even with the Boss key
Dolphin
If someone could code this in, I know of an rather easy way to get rid of this bug.

Just disallow importing replays (or anything if we have to) when in multiplayer. If we can pull this of, this bug will be gone I assume.
theowest
You can keep the #multiplayer chat open if you load a replay while you're playing. I noticed that it caused the chat to be kept open at all times, even when joining/quitting, playing and going back and forth between places when it would previously minimize.
The behaviour resets after restarting osu!
peppy
Any chance of getting a copy/paste of that popup error? You can do this by hitting ctrl-c with the dialog box in focus. That said, I have disabled inport of replays during gameplay/multiplayer, so this should be fixed.
theowest
You don't have to open up replays during any gameplay/multiplayer. Just opening a replay by double clicking on it from the main menu can cause this bug.
I noticed that the gameplay freezes when there's no music playing, so it's not about the drain time. Fairly obvious though.

when I thought all hope were lost and I couldn't replicate this error message me and deadbeat got, I opened up one more replay.
It doesn't matter where you open it, deadbeat got it/opened it in the multiplayer room, I first got it in song select (replays screen) and now I got it in the main title menu.
---------------------------

Error moving file System.String[]
System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a closed file.

at System.IO.__Error.FileNotOpen()

at System.IO.FileStream.Seek(Int64 offset, SeekOrigin origin)

at System.IO.FileStream.set_Position(Int64 value)

at #rd.#Se.Read(Byte[] , Int32 , Int32 )

at #kh.#Cm.#I8(IntPtr , Int32 , IntPtr )

at Un4seen.Bass.Bass.BASS_StreamCreateFileUser(BASSStreamSystem system, BASSFlag flags, BASS_FILEPROCS procs, IntPtr user)

at #kh.#Cm.#L8(#Dk , Boolean , Boolean )

at #kh.#Cm.#M8(#Dk , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean )

at #kh.#Cm.#M8(#Dk , Boolean , Boolean )

at #Gn.#In.#4kb(String[] )
OK

or do you mean when opening a replay after once causing this bug and currently experiencing it?
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #kh.#Cm.#I8(IntPtr , Int32 , IntPtr )